Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Bolts Mar. 24 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Funny how the refs apologize to MacLean post game and then he goes and tells all the media immediately afterwards.....

I don't think that was meant for public airing Walrus

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Funny how the refs apologize to MacLean post game and then he goes and tells all the media immediately afterwards.....

Good. It makes the refs look bad.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
That call could very well have led directly to a loss. Screw the refs.

It's a tough call if you're MacLean. On the one hand, you don't want to crush any sort of 'under the table' understanding you've gotten from the refs. On the other hand, **** the refs, we're gotten screwed over plenty this year. So... Go Paulrus Go!

Usually I hate when players slow down a shootout play. But now I just love it when Spezza takes it in fast, slows it down, and pulls the deke move off with the rocket shot. We've seen it a few times now. Killer!

Look at the boys' reactions when we won this one. Don't tell me these games don't matter. Go Sens.

Last edited:

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
The pick isn't ours anymore, why do we even care about it? I just want to see them finish strong to at least get some mojo going.

Exactly, I just want to see the team win. Maybe some of the young guys get some confidence and development in before next season etc.

A miserable season but I still cheer and want to see them play well and win.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Don't know if anybody mentioned him in the GDT, but Methot had a very strong game. Getting more minutes to play due to Phillips' injury didn't seem to bother him. Just had that one bad clear near the end...

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Oh my god, just found this in another thread. Anyone have the photoshop skills to put Karlssons face there instead? :D
iMnCyjv8ayBCS.gif

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
The boys celebrated like that because they are going to keep playing hard and hope to get on a roll. If they pick up points while teams ahead of them continue to stumble then they can have some meaningful games in the last week or two of the season.
I'm in no way saying they're going to make the playoffs but they're going to give it a shot until they're mathematically eliminated .

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Missed the game... can anyone tell me how Stone looked?
Wasn't paying too much attention, but he had that great assist on Turris' goal... Otherwise didn't notice him much. He tries on the backcheck but isn't great at it. One Lightning forward made him look bad late in the game... Still looks slow to me... Not sure he's a great fit on the Turris line to be honest.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Post Game interviews are up:
Lehner
[nhl]585251[/nhl]
Karlsson
[NHL]585252[/NHL]
Spezza
[NHL]585253[/NHL]
Maclean
[NHL]585254[/NHL]

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
About time Mac called out the league and officials, I loved those comments. Not too whiny but enough to get there attention.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Agreed however the way Paul talked about it, it sounds like it might not have been the first time that the refs apologized (the MTL meltdown was likely one of them)

He needs to vent and he did. Not sure it was wise but we will see.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Missed the game... can anyone tell me how Stone looked?

He looked great.

His skating is getting better year after year. Only had trouble keeping up a couple times on the backcheck when players had a step on him.

He was involved in the play and won a ridiculous amount of battles in the corners. Kid has a great stick on him, always finds a way to get his stick on the puck. Was causing problems for defenders all game long because of his puck stealing abilities. Led to a nice assist for him on the Turris goal.

Kid is an NHL player no question about it. If Murray had any brains he would have moved Condra by now and put Stone in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad