Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #8

Who is the Sens #8 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7- Zack Ostapchuk 43.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7)
8-
9-
10-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Boucher will be in the NHL.

Just a question of what he ends up being.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Seems like there's a serious dropoff after Ostapchuk, or at least there's a lack of information and certainty about these players: Crookshank (injury), Boucher (injury + lack of info even prior to draft), Lodin (played mostly overseas), Sokolov (questions about skating), Jarventie (questions about intensity), and then there's players whose ceiling seems low (Kastelic, Parker, Kleven). Hamara may be the best of the bunch. I'm no longer voting at this point as I really don't know.

Reactions: Cosmix

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
One guy rips it up in the QMJHL, then transitions nicely to the AHL, scoring at a 60 point pace in a shortened rookie season, follows it up with a 65 point pace the next year and hits the 50 point plateau causing him to garner enough attention for an 8 game call up.

The other guy underhwelms in college as an 18 year old, and also underhelms in the OHL as a 19 year old.

How is Boucher ranked ahead, if we ignore their draft positions?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
One guy rips it up in the QMJHL, then transitions nicely to the AHL, scoring at a 60 point pace in a shortened rookie season, follows it up with a 65 point pace the next year and hits the 50 point plateau causing him to garner enough attention for an 8 game call up.

The other guy underhwelms in college as an 18 year old, and also underhelms in the OHL as a 19 year old.

Wanting something to happen so much?

I think people are enamoured with his tools and draft position and translating that to this poll. They believe in him.

I went with Lodin for a sort of similar reason. Like his skill and very impressed with how he looked in the NA game so quickly.

My dark horse for this year...had Crookshank going in to last year so hoping he rebounds from that knee injury as well.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

What I see is Sokolov is top 6 or bust and I don't see top 6 in him. Boucher will end up somewhere whether it be middle 6 or 4th line, and will stick in the NHL.

Sokolov's skating is not good and the dream of another Mark Stone style improvement simply won't happen. Boucher can skate and be physical and also has a very good shot. The tools are there, have to wait and see if he puts them together.

I'll be glad to be wrong about Sokolov. I think he'll end up being another prospect like Chlapik or Da Costa that shows promise but never truly gets to be a regular.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is the hard part. Most of these kids are iffy, and may not ever be NHLers. Those that do are 4th line/bottom pairing quality (realistically).

Really hard to gauge from this point.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Boucher will be in the NHL.

Just a question of what he ends up being.
Same with Parker Kelly and Kastelic. I think Kleven also likely plays. Can't believe Ostapchuk got picked last time that's wild. Jarventie is only a year older and is scoring in the AHL and Ostapchuk isn't even flirting with a ppg in jr. I'd have him behind most of the guys that are still available.

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Same with Parker Kelly and Kastelic. I think Kleven also likely plays. Can't believe Ostapchuk got picked last time that's wild. Jarventie is only a year older and is scoring in the AHL and Ostapchuk isn't even flirting with a ppg in jr. I'd have him behind most of the guys that are still available.
I was scared you had voted for Parker Kelly here, after swirling this comment at first.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Projection is based on the toolset. I watched Ostapchuk early last season and absolutely loved the potential.

Reactions: OD99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I was scared you had voted for Parker Kelly here, after swirling this comment at first.
I think he is going to be an effective player in the NHL. He is grinding out an importsnt role. Can't say the same for most of the rest. Shoots the puck really well and had an edge to his game, can PK. Reminds me of a poor man's Darcy Tucker.

Reactions: OD99 and Snowwy

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What I see is Sokolov is top 6 or bust and I don't see top 6 in him. Boucher will end up somewhere whether it be middle 6 or 4th line, and will stick in the NHL.

Sokolov's skating is not good and the dream of another Mark Stone style improvement simply won't happen. Boucher can skate and be physical and also has a very good shot. The tools are there, have to wait and see if he puts them together.

I'll be glad to be wrong about Sokolov. I think he'll end up being another prospect like Chlapik or Da Costa that shows promise but never truly gets to be a regular.

I wouldn't say Sokolov is top 6 or bust, today's NHL has changed and players who can provide offense as depth do have value. Tyler Ennis for example hasn't been a top 6 player for years but has stuck around. I honestly don't see Sokolov as a top 6 forward at all but I think he has an outside chance of making a limited impact at the NHL level.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Concerning Sokolov, I really like the kid and would really like him to succeed but I don't know, I don't see a long fruitful career. He will play but not sure it'll be for very long. Hopefully he gets at least 1 solid NHL contract

Most people don't and won't ignore it. It's some kind of "appeal to authority" but it has to be taken in consideration. The Sens gambled on a kid that the rest of community didn't consider as early in the draft. It might pay off in the end but it wouldn't be the first time if it doesn't. I am personally considering Boucher as a late first round pick until proven otherwise but yeah, most people won't. His D+1 season didn't suggest he should have been picked higher than that, the opposite actually.

This is the hard part. Most of these kids are iffy, and may not ever be NHLers. Those that do are 4th line/bottom pairing quality (realistically).

Really hard to gauge from this point.

True that it's getting hard because we're not in the "top prospects" tiers anymore although I don't see what Jarventie hasn't done to not be considered among the others already voted.

That being said, I think saying "those that do are 4th line/bottom pairing quality" is selling their potential short :

Roby Jarventie : could easily be a Top-6 forward
Egor Sokolov : might find a way to be a Top-9 forward, would become a pretty decent NHL player if he could somehow improve skating a bit more
Angus Crookshank : looked like a nice future Top-9 forward before his injury. The question is can he get back on track?
Tyler Boucher : huge question mark but based on his toolset and how high the Sens were, who knows? They certainly saw him more than a 4th line forward 1 year ago
Viktor Lodin : had a breakout year in Sweden, came here and scored 5 goals in his first 10 AHL games. Has a pretty good skillset, could be anything
Tyler Kleven : people have talked about a future 3rd pairing guy since the beginning but I don't know, I think some NHL teams were quite high on him because they think he can have a pretty big impact
Philippe Daoust : very "dark horse" prospect but has a pretty interesting skillset and hockey IQ. Could be a late bloomer
Oliver Johansson : kid has some skill, still early for him, we'll have a better idea next season but I don't think he's 4th line or bust (at least not yet)
Mark Kastelic : won't be much more than a 4th liner but most likely a quality one and for a long time
Parker Kelly : a bit similar to Kastelic, most likely a good 4th liner for several seasons

There's also the goalie prospects who could be anything.

Then you have the recent 2022 draftees for who it's still very early... Hamara and Pettersson seem to have pretty good potential at the very least. There's most likely no 1st liner or 1st pairing D-man left to vote but I think some of them will carve out pretty good/decent NHL careers.

Like I expected, this pool is going to be underrated. I think it's the aftermath of what looked to be a terrible 2021 draft

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad