Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7

Who is the Sens #7 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7-
8-
9-
10-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Zack as the Lodin love just doesn't seem to be there yet. Will go Shark after this then sell out on Lodin rest of the way.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I got Sokolov (on the cusp of making it to the next level with some more work with Mann), Jarventie, Boucher, and Ostapchuk next. At the AHL he improved his game away from the puck, besides leading the team again offensively. Think his stints in limited opportunity on the 4th line playing limited DJ minutes is also a reason for some to “underrate” his progression thus far. Sharko doesn’t make Sens top-9 today, so he may have to take the Nick Paul route in this organization to realize his true NHL potential. More skating drills to improve his turns will significantly help his cause.

Boom Boom Jarventie has been scoring against men since he was 17, while Boucher showed well in camp to demonstrate why the Sens were high (pun intended) on him. Ostapchuk may have the highest potential of all these guys, personally I am excited to see more of him in the upcoming season where he climbs this list.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Looks like this round will go to Ostapchuk. Good call IMO

But for #8, it looks like Boucher might win it, why though? Jarventie is only 5 months older... and has done better against men than Boucher against kids...

Reactions: OD99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Looks like this round will go to Ostapchuk. Good call IMO

But for #8, it looks like Boucher might win it, why though? Jarventie is only 5 months older... and has done better against men than Boucher against kids...

I’m hoping for Jarventie but he scored 11 goals in 70 games

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Why are you just looking at goals? He had twice as many goals as assists.

Considering he was only in his 19YR old development year, when most players his age are playing junior hockey still, 33 points in 70 games isn't bad production whatsoever.

Especially considering Jarventie had only 8.7% of his shots go in the net last season. Given his powerful shot it should be a lot higher and probably will be next year.

Offensive skillset and tools are there with Jarventie. Will take time and he'll need to mature and improve his consistency, but he probably has more upside than anyone left on the board.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Considering he was only in his 19YR old development year, when most players his age are playing junior hockey still, 33 points in 70 games isn't bad production whatsoever.

Especially considering Jarventie had only 8.7% of his shots go in the net last season. Given his powerful shot it should be a lot higher and probably will be next year.

Offensive skillset and tools are there with Jarventie. Will take time and he'll need to mature and improve his consistency, but he probably has more upside than anyone left on the board.

I’m a fan of Jarventie, just the runway for him is very long. Just surprised he’s ahead of Boucher who to me looks like he can contribute in so many more ways.

Jarventie is big, but still one dimensional.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I’m a fan of Jarventie, just the runway for him is very long. Just surprised he’s ahead of Boucher who to me looks like he can contribute in so many more ways.

Jarventie is big, but still one dimensional.

Agreed.

To me the choice between Jarventie/Sokolov and Ostapchuk/Boucher is the classic upside vs. safety debate.

Easy to see Ostapchuk and Boucher ending up as Senators in a couple years, even if it's only in 3rd/4th line roles. Doubtful either produce enough offense to make them more than that at the NHL level.

Jarventie is a boom-or-bust guy. Same with Sokolov to some degree, but I think both are smarter and more skilled, and have a better chance at ending up being top 6ers than Ostapchuk and Boucher.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I could see Ostapchuk having a big year this season but for me Sokolov,Jarventie and Kleven are all ahead of him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yeah but for a RAW teenager playing his first year overseas on a flawed team, 33 pts in 70 games is pretty decent. We need him to have a significant bump in production but if he paces over 55+ pts as a 20 y/o then it's a good sign

People would be very high on this guy if he didn't have such a big boom/bust factor. He really could become anything, even a star. We'll get a better idea of his future this season

I could see Ostapchuk having a big year this season but for me Sokolov,Jarventie and Kleven are all ahead of him.

Curious to see how this will play out to round out the Top-10

Ostapchuk
Jarventie
Sokolov
Boucher
Kleven

All battling for spots #7, #8, #9 and #10

5 guys, 4 spots, who finishes 11th? I would put my money on Kleven because he was still in college and he is a defensive D-man. These guys don't get a lot of hype

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Team seems to see someting in Sokolov - big body, knows how to get puck in the net, good attitude, seems to be a hard worker. Was given a look in the NHL already and I see him getting an extended look this coming season as a high up in the call up list in any sort of top 9 filler.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just based on what I saw up close at the development camp Boucher IMO is going to be a better NHL player than Ostapchuk who I really like as well. He had a shit yr last yr where lots of things went wrong, hopefully he stays healthy & has a great yr, I think he could easily play in the AHL right now along with Greig but he's a little too young. .

Reactions: armani

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Crookshank has better AHL ppg than Socks at the same age.

Very small sample for Angus, but he also looked like a solid NHLer to my eyeballs in pre-season last year.

I wouldn't put him above Boucher or Ostapchuk (although both have some question marks after last season).

But in my books I've got him roughly on par with Socks and ahead of Jarventie and Kleven. I think Angus will carve out a fine career on a third line, but I'm not sure those other guys are legit NHLers.

Outside of a few guys, we really don't have a strong prospect pool after all of the promotions.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Very small sample for Angus, but he also looked like a solid NHLer to my eyeballs in pre-season last year.

I wouldn't put him above Boucher or Ostapchuk (although both have some question marks after last season).

But in my books I've got him roughly on par with Socks and ahead of Jarventie and Kleven. I think Angus will carve out a fine career on a third line, but I'm not sure those other guys are legit NHLers.

Outside of a few guys, we really don't have a strong prospect pool after all of the promotions.

The pool is nowhere near what it was 2 years ago but still a pretty good top-5 and guys like Lodin, Kleven, Crookshank, Kastelic and Kelly will constitute the #11-15 portion. This pool will be underrated

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

They haven't played AHL at the same age yet.

Crookshank is a year older than Sokolov, this past season was Sokolov's 21 year old season (2000 born), Crookshank just played his 22 year old season (1999 born).

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Voted Ostapchuck. He and Boucher are close for me. Both have great tools. Definitely voting Boucher next.

I know he won't (and shouldn't) get votes yet, but Guenette would be the next one I add to the poll. I have him above Daoust, Kelly, and Hamara. He had a very successful 20 year old rookie AHL season and garnered some praise for his progress. Also looked solid in preseason. I definitely have him in the group that comes after our more developed and well known prospects.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Is the bolded what you meant to say, as that means 6 assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad