Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5

Who is the Sens #5 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
At this point its a toss up for me between JBD and Thomson, those guys have been cooking and have the opportunity to estbalish themselves if called up given how weak our blue line is

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lassi Thomson, Bernard-Docker, Ostapchuk and Järventie are the next tier IMO

These 4 are pretty close IMO but I'm leaning Ostapchuk because I think he'll pull ahead this season. Like Jarventie, he has a pretty nice skillset but he had a major coming out party in the playoffs and it was BEFORE he turned 19 y/o... a good sign

I can understand that some people could be high on Boucher (because why the hell would a NHL team pick that guy 10th OA) but no matter what skillset he has or doesn't have, he needs to put numbers somewhere. Prospects with the kind of numbers he had last season just don't make the NHL, ever.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sokolov and Ostapchuk are my two favourite prospects remaining, I think I give the latter the nod based on age; his playoffs were eye opening and I think a lot more eyes get opened next year.

That said, I think JBD and Thomson are getting close to graduating. I think both could be NHL players by the end of the year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ostapchuk getting some love, he played a great playoffs and is that full package. If he’s got a good hockey IQ and some finish he could be a real steal.

I voted Boucher but Ostapchuk and him are in the same mould

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sokolov should be getting more votes.

Was dominant in his 19YR old QMJHL season and has been progressing well in Belleville.

If there's a future top 6 forward hiding in our system it's probably him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Was dominant in his 19YR old QMJHL season and has been progressing well in Belleville.

only scored 19 goals in 64 games last year, scored 15 in 35 games which I think you could consider a regression

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
only scored 19 goals in 64 games last year, scored 15 in 35 games which I think you could consider a regression
Improved his overall production though. Shows he can play both the goal scorer and playmaker role. I worry about guys that don't get many assists in the AHL.

If he can get his skating up to snuff he's a gem.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Improved his overall production though. Shows he can play both the goal scorer and playmaker role. I worry about guys that don't get many assists in the AHL.

If he can get his skating up to snuff he's a gem.

Mark Stone story with the Alexi Kovalev frame and skill set

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Lassi and Ostapchuk are in this tier for me (I voted Lassi here). After that I'm less excited by who's left. I could be totally wrong but I'm getting Ceci vibes from JBD, Sokolov didn't excite me in his few call ups, and Jarventie underwhelmed at the WJC the few times I saw him. I haven't seen Lodin play but I'm intrigued. Him or Kleven could be the contributors from the middle tier. Boucher could re-establish himself after a good year.

Reactions: Cosmix

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I voted Lassi, but I’m a fan of Sokolov. His production in the AHL is in line with a legit 2nd line prospect.

Will be either him or Ostapchuk next for me.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Points are a much better indicator of offensive ability than just goals. His overall production increased.

If you're wondering why his goals per game dropped - his shooting percentage halved in his sophomore season.

He shot at a 20% rate in his rookie year, which is unsustainable. He scored on 11% of his shots in 2021/22, which could be lower than what might be expected given his powerful shot, but it's definitely more realistic going forward than 20%.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ostapchuk getting some love, he played a great playoffs and is that full package. If he’s got a good hockey IQ and some finish he could be a real steal.

I voted Boucher but Ostapchuk and him are in the same mould
Interesting you are commenting on Soks production yet chose Boucher here who put up shockingly poor numbers.

I went with Ostapchuk as I think he has all the tools so his upside is there.

Also because my vote would have been wasted on Lodin...I have a feeling he is going to come to camp and shock everyone.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Maybe.

At this time I voted Lassi and next up may vote for Ostapchuk due to his apparent development over this past season.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Interesting you are commenting on Soks production yet chose Boucher here who put up shockingly poor numbers.

I went with Ostapchuk as I think he has all the tools so his upside is there.

Also because my vote would have been wasted on Lodin...I have a feeling he is going to come to camp and shock everyone.

Boucher is such a good skater, with Sokolov I like the player, just wasn’t impressed with his engagement level. Got caught standing around a lot in the NHL, still lots of room to grow but at the moment I don’t see a solid NHL career in the bottom 6 like I do with Boucher. Boucher could be a Connor Brown type, Sokolov an Alex Chiasson type

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don’t see a solid NHL career in the bottom 6 like I do with Boucher. Boucher could be a Connor Brown type, Sokolov an Alex Chiasson type
I hope you are wrong on 1st part and correct on the 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad