Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker

Who is the Sens #4 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Tomas Hamara
Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3- Ridly Greig
4-
5-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Between these 2 I have to pick Lassi as he looked passable last year already and has some high end pieces.

His shot is something we haven't had in a long time and the edge he is displaying also helps.

Love Mads but a little early for him to be so high in ranking IMO.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Man this is so hard. I have a tough enough time evaluating goalies let alone projecting them. I see a 100 mph slapshot go top corner and hear fans say he shoulda had it, and im impressed if thats the case. So being biased against goalie prospects who i figure will more likely be traded for our next great goalie than develop into it, and hoping so hard for a dman to develop, i may be wishing Lassi more than i should. So hopeful they can both advance a step this year.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I am of belief that Mads is our future starter, he gets my vote twice in a row.

Lassi has all the tools to be an effective top-4 RD for this team and eventually QB PP2, I think he gets there but needs more reps.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I find it odd that Thomson has leapfrogged Sokolov, JBD, Kleven Jarventie and now on the verge of Sogaard in our boards rankings since the last poll in October while honestly not having had a particularly special season imo. I mean, he wasn't bad by any stretch but the only prospect he's passing from last year's poll that had a bad year was Boucher. All the other guys had similar progression, JBD stepped right into being a shutdown defender in the AHL, looked ok in a brief callup, Sokolov was our top forward in the AHL again, had some flashes in his callup but needs to further improve his skating, Jarventie had a pretty solid rookie year as a 19 year old in a league where you don't see a lot of 19 year olds due to the CHL transfer agreement, I thought Kleven had an excellent year in UND. To me Thomson is just progressing about as expected from last season, looks like he'll be a bottom 4 Dman if he can bring consistency to the NHL level. He may still be the next best prospect, but it just surprises me how few votes the other guys got given to me his progression was no more drastic than anyone else's.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I find it odd that Thomson has leapfrogged Sokolov, JBD, Kleven Jarventie and now on the verge of Sogaard in our boards rankings since the last poll in October while honestly not having had a particularly special season imo. I mean, he wasn't bad by any stretch but the only prospect he's passing from last year's poll that had a bad year was Boucher. All the other guys had similar progression, JBD stepped right into being a shutdown defender in the AHL, looked ok in a brief callup, Sokolov was our top forward in the AHL again, had some flashes in his callup but needs to further improve his skating, Jarventie had a pretty solid rookie year as a 19 year old in a league where you don't see a lot of 19 year olds due to the CHL transfer agreement, I thought Kleven had an excellent year in UND. To me Thomson is just progressing about as expected from last season, looks like he'll be a bottom 4 Dman if he can bring consistency to the NHL level. He may still be the next best prospect, but it just surprises me how few votes the other guys got given to me his progression was no more drastic than anyone else's.

I agree with your points. I voted Thomson because it’s pretty close between all these guys, and IMO Thomson flashed decent upside while seeming closer to NHL ready.

Kleven and Roby are at least 2 years away IMO. Sokolov could be ready but the skating hurdle is significant so I have difficulty voting him in too high. JBD is steady but I think Smith will be drawn to play Lassi given his flashier tools.

Reactions: NB613

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Last year I would've said Sokolov. I was rooting for him to make the jump. But after the first few preseason games, it was clear he was still a couple steps behind where he needs to be at the NHL level. Lassi is the only prospect that came up here, played a decent sample of games, and did not look too out of place. He jumps ahead for me on the depth chart. Soogard might very well have the higher upside, but it's hard to predict with goalies. Made that mistake with Gus last year.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Tough one. Sogaard obviously has more upside, but Thomson is far more NHL ready, and still has decent upside.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Maybe I’m too high on Thomson but I thought he moved the puck really well, nice subtle plays, but for me it was his D, I thought he had great one on one D skills.
He gets right under attackers and slows them down & plays them hard.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Good insight and I changed my vote to Mads.

I voted Lodin originally as I was really impressed with how well he transitioned to NA game in the A and his NHL exposure. He wasn't, "just there", he made plays and was in the right areas.

Skating may be a bit of a concern but skill is there and he was even a bit physical.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good insight and I changed my vote to Mads.

I voted Lodin originally as I was really impressed with how well he transitioned to NA game in the A and his NHL exposure. He wasn't, "just there", he made plays and was in the right areas.

Skating may be a bit of a concern but skill is there and he was even a bit physical.
That's not possible... Minds don't get changed on HF...

• Haha
Reactions: OD99 and Bileur

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It might just be people's perceptions of him changed. Last year, I think most people viewed Thomson closer to bust level and there was still excitement for the others you mentioned. Even if his play wasn't spectacular, he at least showed he's back on the right path and a decent prospect again. He probably didn't leapfrog the other guys, he just looks better than what he looked last year so his rating is just going up relative to himself.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It might just be people's perceptions of him changed. Last year, I think most people viewed Thomson closer to bust level and there was still excitement for the others you mentioned. Even if his play wasn't spectacular, he at least showed he's back on the right path and a decent prospect again. He probably didn't leapfrog the other guys, he just looks better than what he looked last year so his rating is just going up relative to himself.
Yeah, that's certainly a part of it, though I still find it's quite the about face with pretty limited change in his actual play year to year. I'd guess his 16 game callup is probably the only time a lot of people have actually watched him outside world juniors. He showed well enough in his callup but I still find the change of opinions pretty drastic.

Time will tell, I still have some other guys ahead of him, but I think he's on a similar level with all the guys I mentioned.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I have him 5th but I’ve loved his tools since watching him a few times early last season.
He's got the best tools among our prospects not named Sanderson by a pretty large margin, he looks to have put some of them together somewhat in the playoffs

I'm expecting a big year (40g-40+a) and a real chance at the WJ team come December

To be fair, I said the same at the beginning of last year, which never happened until the playoffs

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ostapchuk
I'm thrilled with his progression. I still like Sokolov a lot and have them pretty similar in terms of upside, but he seems like he's guaranteed to at least be a bottom 6 guys where as Sokolov could bust due to skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad