Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #14

Who is the Sens #14 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7- Zack Ostapchuk 43.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7)
8- Tyler Boucher 44.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #8)
9- Tyler Kleven 47.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #9)
10- Roby Jarventie 63.8%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #10 - Tie Breaker)
11- Egor Sokolov 62.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #11)
12- Viktor Lodin 24.6 % (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #12)
13- Angus Crookshank 45.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #13)
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Kristians Rubins
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tempted to go with Hamada, I like him, but going to give this one some thought as both Kelly and Kastelic are pretty close to surefire 4th liners as early as this season.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Merilainen and then Hamara next to round out the players good enough to play for their national teams.

Things get pretty vague at the bottom of the list so I'd imagine this area will have at least one or two guys who leap up the rankings by this time next year.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Merilainen and then Hamara next to round out the players good enough to play for their national teams.

Things get pretty vague at the bottom of the list so I'd imagine this area will have at least one or two guys who leap up the rankings by this time next year.

Agree with Hamara, but Merilainen is not looking good. Neither in OHL nor WJC.

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006

So you think Hamara is a better prospect than Nordberg because he was born in Czechia instead of Sweden?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Reminder : we are acting as scouts in these polls. Yes, none of the guys left are guaranteed to be stars but it doesn't matter, some might end up as regular NHL players at some point and our job is to identify them. Kastelic and Kelly seem to be the safest bets to play the most games but don't forget, it's not only "likeliness of becoming a NHL player", potential, skillset, development curve, etc... a lot of factors to consider.

I'm intrigued by Hamara and I'm taking a chance on him even if Kastelic will have a NHL career. I will vote for Kastelic very soon, maybe next round

I just have a feeling about Johansson so went with him.

I was surprised to see the "Graviteh" guy (youtube) high on Johansson, he had him ranked 10th in April

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
So you think Hamara is a better prospect than Nordberg because he was born in Czechia instead of Sweden?
Hamara Is better at this stage of their careers.
I had him going in the mid second round, he is an excellent two way defender that moves the puck better than any defence prospect the Sens have. I would have him ahead of Bernard-Docker, Sokolov, Lodin and Crookshank And if it wasn’t for myself being so high on Kastelic, I would’ve been pumping his tires a while ago.

I could flip the question onto you, So you think Nordberg is the better prospect because he was drafted earlier than Hamara?

Norberg is a project, he is very raw. He‘s got some very interesting tools to work with. But tools can only get you so far. He was Swedens best defender imo at the U18‘s - but Hamara was the second best defender in the entire tournament.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Hamara due to his reasonably good showing this tourney and because I get to watch him 1 more time.

Reactions: Snowwy

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Hamara Is better at this stage of their careers.
I had him going in the mid second round, he is an excellent two way defender that moves the puck better than any defence prospect the Sens have. I would have him ahead of Bernard-Docker, Sokolov, Lodin and Crookshank And if it wasn’t for myself being so high on Kastelic, I would’ve been pumping his tires a while ago.

I could flip the question onto you, So you think Nordberg is the better prospect because he was drafted earlier than Hamara?

Norberg is a project, he is very raw. He‘s got some very interesting tools to work with. But tools can only get you so far. He was Swedens best defender imo at the U18‘s - but Hamara was the second best defender in the entire tournament.
I think Nordberg is a top 4 two way defenseman if he hits. I think Hamara is a 5/6 offensive defenseman if he hits. I like Nordberg more, but others are free to like Hamara more. I respect your opinion on the two guys, and from the sounds of it, you have watched more full game footage than I have of them. I only saw Nordberg play one game, but his tools just project better for the NHL for me.I just think it is very funny to say that Hamara is a better prospect because he is playing in the WJC when they are from different countries.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The other guy that seems intriguing from the Sens 2022 class is Oskar Pettersson

Some nice reports here :

Could end up as a pretty good prospect if he improves his skating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad