Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #11

Who is the Sens #11 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7- Zack Ostapchuk 43.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7)
8- Tyler Boucher 44.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #8)
9- Tyler Kleven 47.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #9)
10- Roby Jarventie 63.8%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #10 - Tie Breaker)
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I debated between Sokolov and Kelly.

Sokolov has size and has a great shot but is slow; Kelly has speed and hustle plus physical play.

I went with Kelly because I think his hustle and physical play will possibly make him move up the lineup to possibly the 3rd line. I have doubts about Sokolov's skating.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I went Kastelic more because I think he has a good chance of carving out a 4th line C NHL career.
Was tempted to go with Crookshank but I'd like to see him play some after blowing out his knee.
I think Sokolov gets passed by players in the pool making it tough for him to crack the lineup full time.

Reactions: Berri UQAM

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I chose Lodin because I know he is going to surprise a ton of people this year with his nose for the net.

I know Sox will get it but need to keep my Lodin Love movement going.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Big Egor has the highest upside of anyone left IMO.

He’s got a good head on his shoulders, I want to believe he can improve his skating enough to be effective.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Hamara is the right choice here but probably needs this year to play out before convincing Sens fans of that.

Egor is getting underrated and belongs in the top 10 based on his proximity to the next level, although the ones voted before him do have potential and more time reach it. I also think Sokolov has time to improve his skating to a satisfactory level, there’s no rush. He also improved his play away from the puck from all accounts including both Manns.

I agree with you though that Hamara is a very intriguing prospect, I know so little about our 2022 prospect this season so they all seem intriguing lol. Hamara looked good against the overmatched Slovak today, displaying good awareness and positioning, his play made the first goal. I like how well he knows to protect the puck with his body, made some good quick plays to move the puck out. At least tonight, he didn’t look out of place with older prospects, positively contributing.

Jarventie too tends to be overlooked, hoping a good showing from him in this tournament.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm still really hopeful with Sokolove, we still had people questioning whether Mark Stone's skating would prevent him from ever playing NHL at the same age, not saying Egor will be as good as Stone but his skating is about the same at the same age.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Egor is getting underrated and belongs in the top 10 based on his proximity to the next level, although the ones voted before him do have potential and more time reach it. I also think Sokolov has time to improve his skating to a satisfactory level, there’s no rush. He also improved his play away from the puck from all accounts including both Manns.

I agree with you though that Hamara is a very intriguing prospect, I know so little about our 2022 prospect this season so they all seem intriguing lol. Hamara looked good against the overmatched Slovak today, displaying good awareness and positioning, his play made the first goal. I like how well he knows to protect the puck with his body, made some good quick plays to move the puck out. At least tonight, he didn’t look out of place with older prospects, positively contributing.

Jarventie too tends to be overlooked, hoping a good showing from him in this tournament.
Sokolov is older than everyone in the top 10 and each one of those prospects skates well. I hope he does improve his skating and becomes a player at the next level, but it's a significant hurdle and not one that can be changed dramatically.

He still has a ways to go. Kinda guy that everyone roots for though so that helps

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sokolov is older than everyone in the top 10 and each one of those prospects skates well. I hope he does improve his skating and becomes a player at the next level, but it's a significant hurdle and not one that can be changed dramatically.

He still has a ways to go. Kinda guy that everyone roots for though so that helps
He is a big player, his development was always going to be longer. Lots of time and room for improvement in his skating.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I like Kelly here, unique skillset that I think can turn into Darcy Tucker lite. Guaranteed NHLer and has an underrated shot.
I'm still about Lodin here but I do like Kelly. Has a nose for the net and plays his role very well and consistently.

Reactions: bert

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Was really really tempted to go Kelly here because I think he's going to play 500+ NHL games and I don't see anyone else with any kind of long-term guarantee of an NHL future (even Kastelic).

Went with Sokolov on upside in case he can translate his scoring to the NHL, but he feels a lot more boom or bust than PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad