Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #10 - Tie Breaker

Who is the Sens #10 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6- Jacob Bernard-Docker 39.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6)
7- Zack Ostapchuk 43.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #7)
8- Tyler Boucher 44.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #8)
9- Tyler Kleven 49.1% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #9)
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Sorry for the delay, hiring people has been hell since the pandemic

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jarventie only turns 20 tomorrow and gets around the ice better than Sokolov. Jarventie should be producing far more than Sokolov at the same age.
Sokolov lead Belleville in scoring and goals as a 20 year old, if Jarventie wants to produce far more at the same age it will require a pretty big step forward. He'll need to score at 160% the rate he did this past year and almost triple his goals per game to match Sokolov at 20. Not saying it can't happen but I think your expectations might be a little high right now if you think he should be producing far more...

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sokolov lead Belleville in scoring and goals as a 20 year old, if Jarventie wants to produce far more at the same age it will require a pretty big step forward. He'll need to score at 160% the rate he did this past year and almost triple his goals per game to match Sokolov at 20. Not saying it can't happen but I think your expectations might be a little high right now if you think he should be producing far more...
I meant at Sokolov’s current age.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have been voting Sokolov since round 7, to me he is the closest amongst the rest to make the NHL with continuous improvements. I chose that over the higher potential of Ostapchuk, Boucher, and Jarventie. Won’t surprise me if those guys end up being better players, I expect them to, they just need to keep producing and improving at their respective leagues.

My pre-WJC top-10:

1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Grieg
4. Sogaard
5. Thomson
6. JBD
7. Sokolov
8. Jarventie
9. Ostapchuk
10. Boucher (had a strong prospect dev camp)

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Sokolov's skating will be a big barrier to him actually sticking with the big club. Will have to see big improvements in his skating before I think he has a realistic chance of making it full time in the NHL. Jarventie doesn't have the same issues and really just needs to find consistency and confidence in order to be an effective middle six winger at the next level. His shot, size, and skating are a combo that should make it easy to move into the next level. He had a great first year on North American ice especially given his age and the rough year he had before. Sky is the limit for Jarventie and he really does not face the same hurdles as Sokolov. That being said Sokolov has the right attitude and I hope he makes it as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Sokolov is the better playmaker & goal scorer although Jarventie is 2 yrs younger. They are both potential future players although I think Sokolov seems more driven.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So why is Crookshank not being considered at all? I know he had surgery but he will return in January and did well in short AHL stint no?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So why is Crookshank not being considered at all? I know he had surgery but he will return in January and did well in short AHL stint no?
This is a 2 way tie breaker.
Lost a complete season .. limited viewings by many the year prior in his 19 games in Belleville. ? guessing.
I know people like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad