Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #16

Who is the Sens #16 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020

1- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Jacob Bernard-Docker (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #5)
6- Alex Formenton (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #6)
7- Shane Pinto (Prospect Info: - Who is the Sens #7 Prospect at the moment?)
8- Lassi Thomson (Prospect Info: - Who is the Sens #8 Prospect at the moment?)
9- Rudolfs Balcers (Prospect Info: - Who is the Sens #9 Prospect at the moment?)
10- Joey Daccord (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #10 - TIE BREAKER)
11- Vitaly Abramov (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #11)
12- Filip Chlapik (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #12)
13- Artyom Zub (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #13)
14- Mads Søgaard (Prospect Info: - Prospect #14- TIE BREAKER)
15- Max Lajoie (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #15)

Tell me who I should add to the poll options

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

Players still in the organization who graduated since last year :

Christian Wolanin turned 25 y/o
Marcus Högberg turned 25 y/o
Nick Paul turned 25 y/o
Christian Jaros has 76 NHL games
Jayce Hawryluk has 68 NHL games

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Prospects to be added :

Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Andreas Englund

And the longshots that won't probably get ranked (as usual we won't get many votes at that stage)

Christopher Wilkie
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Going with the two goalies next. Flipped a coin, Mando this round and Gus next.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Remember when people were worried about losing Gustavsson in the expansion draft? lel

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember when people were worried about losing Gustavsson in the expansion draft? lel

He certainly dropped in people's eyes but if he gets voted #16 this year it's still not that bad. That would mean #9 in a normal year because all these guys were acquired through the firesale :

2- Josh Norris
3- Erik Brannstrom
5- Jacob Bernard-Docker
8- Lassi Thomson
9- Rudolfs Balcers
11- Vitaly Abramov
14- Mads Søgaard

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He certainly dropped in people's eyes but if he gets voted #16 this year it's still not that bad. That would mean #9 in a normal year because all these guys were acquired through the firesale :

2- Josh Norris
3- Erik Brannstrom
5- Jacob Bernard-Docker
8- Lassi Thomson
9- Rudolfs Balcers
11- Vitaly Abramov
14- Mads Søgaard

He himself, was acquired via fire sale

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems like the biggest reason Gustavsson's stock has dropped is because he can't stop pucks. You can make a decent case for him being the worst AHL goalie over the past two seasons - his numbers are that bad. This sort of thing tends to hurt the perception of goalies.

Regardless, I just think it's funny when I occasionally see people saying we might lose Gustavsson in the expansion draft. That's probably our best case outcome. After the draft he's going to be maybe our 21st best prospect or so?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Seems like the biggest reason Gustavsson's stock has dropped is because he can't stop pucks. You can make a decent case for him being the worst AHL goalie over the past two seasons - his numbers are that bad. This sort of thing tends to hurt the perception of goalies.

Regardless, I just think it's funny when I occasionally see people saying we might lose Gustavsson in the expansion draft. That's probably our best case outcome. After the draft he's going to be maybe our 21st best prospect or so?

yeah lol, considering we have 10 picks in the top-100 of THIS draft, he will struggle to make the top-25

Crazy. Personally I have him after Daccord, Søgaard and Mandolese in our pipeline.

He’s still young and could finally breakout in the pros; I just have more faith in the 3 others

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I went Crookshank.

Will need to see what Mandolese does in the pros before becoming a real believer, but I could see him rising up the ranks over the next two seasons.

I can imagine Guenette making it someday as well.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I went Crookshank.

Will need to see what Mandolese does in the pros before becoming a real believer, but I could see him rising up the ranks over the next two seasons.

I can imagine Guenette making it someday as well.

Yeah, Crookshank, Mandolese and Guenette is the 3 guys I believe in the most out the bunch

Sucks for Davidsson, hopefully he regains form after what happened last season. If he's able to get back on track, he's a legitimate NHL prospect as well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Voted Gustavsson. Disappointed that he has fallen so far. Part of the Dorion faux pas beginning with trade of Zibanejad.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Voted Gustavsson. Disappointed that he has fallen so far. Part of the Dorion faux pas beginning with trade of Zibanejad.

Actually, considering the circumstances (rebuild -> fireseale -> lot of "futures"), he still hasn't fallen that much as he is going to be voted #16, which is only 2 spots behind the 6'7 high 2nd round goalie pick from 1 year ago.

After being acquired in 2018, he was voted #7. Guys who are still prospects but were voted after : Chlapik was #8 and is now #12, JBD was #9 and is now #5; Lajoie was #13 and is now #15, Daccord was #24 and is now #10)

Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#30)

#7 to #16 looks like a "fall from grace" mathematically but keep in mind, the rebuild had just started. We had yet to trade Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingel, Stone and Pageau for a lot of future assets

Last year, he was voted #11, all the guys voted before are still ahead (outside of Wolanin and Jaros who graduated)

Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (29th)

Guys who are still prospects but were voted after : Abramov was #12 and is now #11; Lajoie was #13 and is now #15; Sogaard was #15 and is now #14; Chlapik was #16 and is now #12, Pinto was #17 and is now #7; Daccord was #19 and is now #10

Only guys that really jumped in front are Pinto and Daccord.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad