Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #6

Who is the Sens #6 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Final Ranking 2020

1- Tim Stützle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5)
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Prospects to be added :

Mads Søgaard
Max Lajoie
Kevin Mandolese
Jonathan Davidsson
Jonny Tychonick
Maxence Guénette
Parker Kelly
Olle Alsing
Mark Kastelic
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Leevi Merilainen
Eric Engstrand
Philippe Daoust
Cole Reinhardt
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

I have removed prospects who graduated (Jaros, Wolanin, Hogberg, Paul, Zub), were traded (Gruden) or not qualified (Hawryluk, Englund)

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Try to do some research on the kids, particularly the new ones. People can post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
this is a nice cluster of prospects

You got JBD the prospect who everyone is visioning to take that 2nd pair right side spot and play 20+ mins of good hockey a night.

Alex Formenton who is going to be a spark plug in the line up still questionable if he is top/bottom 6 but his rookie AHL season suggests the former. Safe to bet on him being a key piece of the sens future penalty at the least.

Pinto has a bit more question marks just due to his rawness. He was the top producing centre for UND in his draft + 1 season something Norris hasn't done. Kid could be a riser but the possibility of him flaming out is likely higher than the other people he is around in this poll. Excited to see what Pinto does this year with all the other UND players.

Brown is a player I soured on.. Sens traded up to draft him at #11 overall we all got hyped and we all called the pick at the time a boom/bust either Brown gets a top 6 centre roll in the NHL or he is playing in another league. Kid is too soft to play in the bottom 6 in the NHL even if you surround him with grittier players. Kid has been injured every season since getting drafted but his first couple of AHL seasons have been reassuring offensively at-least. I think this is the season where he has to show what he is going to be.

Jarventie and Grieg are players that are gonna rise in my opinion. late first early and second taken 5 picks between each other. This draft is regarded as one of the deepest drafts by NHL scouts wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to call these guys top 20 picks in other drafts. Both players share an early August birthday being a month and week removed from 2021 draft eligibility allowing for the sens to influence their development more so than other prospects.

Out of these guys if I was picking a team and could only take one I would choose JBD, thank alfie they are all ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brown

He could go the way of guys like Grigorenko or Colborne, but he's the only guy left on this list that has high-end talent.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wow Brown above Formenton is something.

Brown is tiers above Formenton in skill, vision and IQ. Tiers.

It's possible he busts if he doesn't start moving his feet more and playing more aggressively, but his ceiling is far higher than Formenton's.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

It's possible he busts if he doesn't start moving his feet more and playing more aggressively, but his ceiling is far higher than Formenton's.
But that's the thing, you have to take into account the risk with Brown as well. When you combine floor and ceiling, I think Formenton beats Brown easily.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

And miles behind in skating, compete, physicality, edge. I dont think Browns as good a goal scorer either.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Crazy to think that before the Karlsson trade, our current #5 and #6 ranked prospects, were #1 and #2...

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Who? Brannstrom is ranked #5 and was acquired after the Karlsson trade

#6 has not be voted yet and it's very close so not sure how it will end

I guess what I meant was before we really knew what the return on the Karlsson trade was going to be, we had pretty much Brown, Brannstrom and Batherson interchanged from the top 3.

I personally had:

Logan B
Brannstrom
Batherson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess what I meant was before we really knew what the return on the Karlsson trade was going to be, we had pretty much Brown, Brannstrom and Batherson interchanged from the top 3.

I personally had:

Logan B
Brannstrom
Batherson

ok I was confused because of Brannstrom

This is what the pool looked like just after drafting Tkachuk and just before trading EK

Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#27)

1- Thomas Chabot
2- Brady Tkachuk
3- Logan Brown
4- Colin White
5- Drake Batherson
6- Alex Formenton
7- Filip Gustavsson
8- Filip Chlapik
9- Jacob Bernard-Docker
10- Christian Wolanin

We already had a strong top-10, but now added a lot more quality while several key guys here already graduated (Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Wolanin)

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad