Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #17

Who is the Sens #17 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
Do you mean in Ottawa or as a poll option?

If it's as a poll option, then who should has he been voted above?
Pretty much 11 onwards.

I love a lot of the guys ahead of him and I understand why they're there. But we're still talking about a 22 year old goalie with legitimate starter potential. He's one good AHL season away from flying up this list.

Lassi Thomson, specifically, should be about 5 spots lower at minimum. Pretty safe to say that he's been terrible and his ceiling has never been that high in the first place.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I agree with your last part, but let us be honest, there is no real basis as to how people are voting for these prospects, it is all over the place.

Some will vote on perceived potential, some will vote on "status/popularity" of said prospect, some based on draft position, some based on a players trade value...

There are simply too many variables and factors to consider as it is a pretty broad spectrum of considerations.

Well, in OP I specifically remind that we should take everything into account.

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Of course there's no exact formula but it's a reason why we vote Jarventie above Chlapik. We are trying to project what these guys could become at the next level. Jarventie could be a good top-6 forward, we already know Chlapik won't be more than a bottom-6 forward

Pretty much 11 onwards.

I love a lot of the guys ahead of him and I understand why they're there. But we're still talking about a 22 year old goalie with legitimate starter potential. He's one good AHL season away from flying up this list.

Lassi Thomson, specifically, should be about 5 spots lower at minimum. Pretty safe to say that he's been terrible and his ceiling has never been that high in the first place.

Ok but the fact is that Gustavsson has been way too inconsistent in the AHL and consistency might be the first thing required for a goalie. So far, he failed in the AHL. That's why I have Sogaard and Mandolese above him as they haven't failed yet. I like their potential more, until/if they falter in the AHL as well.

At the moment, I rank goalies Daccord, Sogaard, Mandolese, Gustavsson and Merilainen

Gustavsson will have to do better in the AHL or Merilainen could leapfrog him eventually. His age might be the only thing saving hom from people to consider him a bust. Clock is starting to tick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad