Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #12

Who is the Sens #12 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Final Ranking 2020

1- Tim Stuetzle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5)
6- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #6)
7- Jacob Bernard-Docker (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #7)
8- Alex Formenton (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #8)
9- Shane Pinto (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #9)
10- Ridly Greig (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #10)
11- Roby Jarventie (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #11)
12-
13-
14-
15-

Prospects to be added :

Jonny Tychonick
Maxence Guénette
Parker Kelly
Olle Alsing
Mark Kastelic
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Leevi Merilainen
Eric Engstrand
Philippe Daoust
Cole Reinhardt
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

I have removed prospects who graduated (Jaros, Wolanin, Hogberg, Paul, Zub), were traded (Gruden) or not qualified (Hawryluk, Englund)

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Try to do some research on the kids, particularly the new ones. People can post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Probably another 3 or so guys that should be over Thomson

I got to admit I hadn't followed him too closely since the world juniors last year; I thought he was ok at that point, but it seems he hasn't been having much success at all since.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I got to admit I hadn't followed him too closely since the world juniors last year; I thought he was ok at that point, but it seems he hasn't been having much success at all since.
He looks lost, and his decision making...It's like Ceci 2.0. Takes 2 seconds to make a decision he has 0.5 seconds to make.

He has a cannon from the point, but can't get it through, the same as Ceci.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Generally you don't want to spend your first round picks on third pairing defensemen.

Meh, he's a later first being well into the second half of the round(almost bottom third). If you get a legit top 6/top 4 it's usually more a case of you being lucky than the norm. If you can get a serviceable player, it's ok. Not great, but ok. It's not like it's Brian Lee or Cowen where it's a pick almost in the top third of the round that doesn't even turn into a legit serviceable bottom pair or line player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Meh, he's a later first being well into the second half of the round(almost bottom third). If you get a legit top 6/top 4 it's usually more a case of you being lucky than the norm. If you can get a serviceable player, it's ok. Not great, but ok. It's not like it's Brian Lee or Cowen where it's a pick almost in the top third of the round that doesn't even turn into a legit serviceable bottom pair or line player.
He went 18th

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He went 18th

Either way, "second half, bottom third, later in the round", does not matter as most of the time the picks from 15-30 are pretty hit and miss for everyone. There is a reason why plenty of really good players end up picked around the 23-28 position because they get passed on by the teams picking 15-20.

It is still early, but unless a player drafted 20-25 ends up a superstar, I probably will not be upset that we missed on Thomson.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Either way, "second half, bottom third, later in the round", does not matter as most of the time the picks from 15-30 are pretty hit and miss for everyone. There is a reason why plenty of really good players end up picked around the 23-28 position because they get passed on by the teams picking 15-20.

It is still early, but unless a player drafted 20-25 ends up a superstar, I probably will not be upset that we missed on Thomson.
When pretty much every player drafted after him has improved by leaps and bounds (outside of Hoglander and Foote), while Thomson regresses, it's bad

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
When pretty much every player drafted after him has improved by leaps and bounds (outside of Hoglander and Foote), while Thomson regresses, it's bad

My point was that happens literally every year, in every first round ever. Some teams hit, some teams miss. The Senators are probably lucky to be a team that generally "hits" in the 10-20 range.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It’s crazy how deep Ottawa’s prospect pool is. Jon Gruden wouldn’t even be in Ottawa’s top-20 prospects, yet in Pittsburgh, he’ll probably end up as their 7th best prospect.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He went 18th

Lassi Thomson was drafted 19th overall

My point was that happens literally every year, in every first round ever. Some teams hit, some teams miss. The Senators are probably lucky to be a team that generally "hits" in the 10-20 range.

For example 2009, Cowen didn't work out but still got out of the draft with Hoffman, Lehner, Silfverberg and Wideman

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Has Thomson fallen off a cliff? He was Finland's captain of their World Junior Team last year... I mean I don't follow Sens prospects extremely closely but still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad