Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (7th)

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Did people forget about the guy we drafted in the second round last year that Dorion said they wanted badly and were planning on moving up into the first to get him? And people are choosing Gagne over him?
New toy syndrome I guess.

Dorion himself said that Englund had a disappointing year so I'm not surprised to see him fall at all.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Could be any one of:

-Dzingel
-Gagne
-Wikstrand
-Claesson
-Driedger

Next tier:

-Chlapik
-Lindberg
-McCormick
-Jaros
-Englund

Add Driedger

Dzingle and Driedger in a higher class than Lindberg and Chlapik... Common.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dzingle and Driedger in a higher class than Lindberg and Chlapik... Common.

I really expect Chlapik to "surprise" everyone on this board. The thing is, it shouldn't really be a surprise. He wouldn't be out of place taken at 18 or 21.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really expect Chlapik to "surprise" everyone on this board. The thing is, it shouldn't really be a surprise. He wouldn't be out of place taken at 18 or 21.

I agree with you, smart pick by the sens apparently he has little to no physical development but you can see the hockey sense and skill.

Gagne is the player I am most excited about, I think in the sens development system that he has the potential to be a real unique impact player. He really can skate well for a guy his size already and from what I have seen he isnt scared of the middle of the ice or to shoot the puck.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Did people forget about the guy we drafted in the second round last year that Dorion said they wanted badly and were planning on moving up into the first to get him? And people are choosing Gagne over him?
New toy syndrome I guess.

Gagne was drafted higher than Englund in a better draft, no reason why people shouldnt have him higher than Englund. Not to mention, lots of people are voting Lindberg ahead of both of them. Fact is, we havent heard much about Englund and its hard to track his progress. I get the sense that we'll have a much better idea of what he's capable of in the next year or so.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How is this not Vikstrand. Has to be him here.

Only other guy is Gagne but I want to see more. A guy who broke OEL's scoring record, played very well for SHL last year and considered as arguably best Dman not in NHL and only 21?

Vikstrand.

Tbh Im shocked the guy dropped this low on a pool that isn't top 5-10 in NHL. Or just shows we got some fine ass prospect depth. Prolly somewhere in between.

that was hard between wik and gagne. went with the dboy

It was between those 2 for me as well. I went Gagne but could be talked into Wikstrand. I like Chlapik right behind them.

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Chlapik again for me.

I'm really surprised at how many people are going with Lindberg over the likes of Gagne and Chlapik, among others.

I like Lindberg's game but to put it in perspective he had basically the same production in his second year post-draft year as Chlapik did at age 17 in his draft year. And Lindberg did it on a great line on a stacked team.

I really like Lindberg's combination of speed and skill, but all it will likely make him is a slightly better "good" Greening.

I think Chlapik and Gagne have the potential to be really good top 6ers and I think Wikstrand could be a real top 4 D-man.

At the end of the day though I guess we should be happy to have all three.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Not gonna surprise me one bit if he becomes the best player out of our 2015 draft class. Not one bit. I see Tomas Plekanec type play from him for 10 years in the NHL to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad