Miles Gendron
Shane Eiserman
Kelly Summers
Christian Wolanin
Joel Daccord
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I like Chlapik more than Gagne but Gagne was drafted before Chlapik by professionals.

Ill choose pro's over myself.

Or I can put off the decision and just go with Wikstrand. Wikstrand it is.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not sure who to pick, but I would like to see Daccord added. Haven't seen much of him, but I've got a hunch....he might be our hidden gem.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Could be any one of:

-Dzingel
-Gagne
-Wikstrand
-Claesson
-Driedger

Next tier:

-Chlapik
-Lindberg
-McCormick
-Jaros
-Englund

Add Driedger

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Could be any one of:

-Dzingel
-Gagne
-Wikstrand
-Claesson

Next tier:

-Chlapik
-Lindberg
-McCormick
-Jaros
-Englund

I'd definately have Chlapik and Lindberg ahead of both Dzingle and Claesson. Not sure I'd have Claesson in the top 15 honestly.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Did people forget about the guy we drafted in the second round last year that Dorion said they wanted badly and were planning on moving up into the first to get him? And people are choosing Gagne over him?
New toy syndrome I guess.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'd definately have Chlapik and Lindberg ahead of both Dzingle and Claesson. Not sure I'd have Claesson in the top 15 honestly.

Claesson will get NHL games this season if he keeps improving. Since I see him as close to being an NHL-caliber bottom-pairing D, he is in my top 10.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Claesson will get NHL games this season if he keeps improving. Since I see him as close to being an NHL-caliber bottom-pairing D, he is in my top 10.

I'm not sure he will, Wikstrand may take his spot.

Harpur is certainly behind Claesson when it comes to time to get to the NHL, but if I had to choose one or the other, I take Harpur every time.

Again, difference of opinion is all

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'm not sure he will, Wikstrand may take his spot.

Harpur is certainly behind Claesson when it comes to time to get to the NHL, but if I had to choose one or the other, I take Harpur every time.

Again, difference of opinion is all

Wikstrand has a good chance, you are right.

I think the top 10 is reasonably solid and evenly balanced. No one really stands out; hopefully the current crop produces 5-6 players of NHL quality.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Could be any one of:

-Dzingel
-Gagne
-Wikstrand
-Claesson
-Driedger

Next tier:

-Chlapik
-Lindberg
-McCormick
-Jaros
-Englund

Add Driedger

I don't really agree with your tiers. Chlapik for sure needs to be in the next tier. Can't really see any reason for him not to be.

I can see an argument for Claesson but Dzingel needs to have a productive sophomore season to join those ranks. Driedger and Hogberg are part of that third tier imo.

I see this 2nd tier as:
Gagne
Chlapik
Wikstrand
Lindberg

I wouldn't really put up much of a fight if you wanted to slide Claesson there. He's a solid but unspectacular prospect like Boro was. I actually have my doubts on Lindberg but I think he deserves to be there until he proves otherwise.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Did people forget about the guy we drafted in the second round last year that Dorion said they wanted badly and were planning on moving up into the first to get him? And people are choosing Gagne over him?
New toy syndrome I guess.

from my understanding Englund had a bad(or worst then expected) season. i could be wrong though

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Gabriel Gagne

Strong skating extremely raw 6'5 sniper with soft hands and hockey smarts. Top 5 scouting staff in the league wanted him enough to trade a 3rd round pick to move up 6 spots to select him 36th overall, in one of the deepest drafts in a long time.

There isn't a player in our prospect pool that has more upside, maybe with the exception of Chabot (top pairing D) and O'Connor (#1 goalie). He's a boom/bust player that could be either a steal or a bust. I'm thinking with the scouting staff's track record it's more likely to be the former than the latter.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How is this not Vikstrand. Has to be him here.

Only other guy is Gagne but I want to see more. A guy who broke OEL's scoring record, played very well for SHL last year and considered as arguably best Dman not in NHL and only 21?

Vikstrand.

Tbh Im shocked the guy dropped this low on a pool that isn't top 5-10 in NHL. Or just shows we got some fine ass prospect depth. Prolly somewhere in between.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I actually went with Dzingel. He's shown a pretty steady development ever since 2011 when he was drafted. Did very well at OSU and had a strong year with Bingo last year. I really like what I see from him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I actually went with Dzingel.

ErqBb1V.jpg

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad