Shane Eiserman
Kelly Summers
Christian Wolanin
Filip Ahl
Joel Daccord
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hard to pick. O'Connor I guess, but hard not to pick Wikstrand or Gagne. All solid prospects.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
O'Connor. Have the feeling he will back up Anderson sooner than later, even if Hammond works out. In three years O'Connor & Hogberg, then D'Accord

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I guess Ill go O'Connor > Wikstrand > Gagne > Chlapik > Hogberg > Claesson > Englund > Dzingel > Schneider

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
From what I've seen and read, Chlapik will be a damn good player. I think he's the best guy left among our prospects.

I'd like to see one of Gendron, Eiserman or Ahl added.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Going with O'Connor. Next is Wikstrand, but ask me tomorrow and I might swap them (goalies are hard to predict)

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
we are getting close to picks Gagne and Chlapik and i think it is a good time to remind people the sens drafted Gagne before Chlapik for a reason. unless you can find a real reason why Chlapik value has gone above Gagne in the last month he should not be ahead of him in the ratings.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
we are getting close to picks Gagne and Chlapik and i think it is a good time to remind people the sens drafted Gagne before Chlapik for a reason. unless you can find a real reason why Chlapik value has gone above Gagne in the last month he should not be ahead of him in the ratings.

What?? These rankings are based on what we, as fans, think of our prospect pool. It'd be pretty boring to just vote based on draft ranking.

I personally think that Chlapik will be a better player than Gagne.

NHL Central scouting agrees with me, having ranked Chlapik 18 points higher than Gagne among NA skaters.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
What?? These rankings are based on what we, as fans, think of our prospect pool. It'd be pretty boring to just vote based on draft ranking.

I personally think that Chlapik will be a better player than Gagne.

NHL Central scouting agrees with me, having ranked Chlapik 18 points higher than Gagne among NA skaters.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

we are voting on the better prospect and IMO where we drafted these guys is important a month after we drafted them. neither player has changed since the draft and at the draft the sens clearly picked Gagne before Chlapik. we would not of done that if Chlapik was the better prospect right now.

we traded up to get Gagne so he is clearly highly though of (higher then Chlapik) or we would not of done that.

Chlapik may become a better player but as of right now there has been no developments (that i know of) since the draft for Chlapik to move over Gagne in terms of who is the better prospect.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
we are voting on the better prospect and IMO where we drafted these guys is important a month after we drafted them. neither player has changed since the draft and at the draft the sens clearly picked Gagne before Chlapik. we would not of done that if Chlapik was the better prospect right now.

we traded up to get Gagne so he is clearly highly though of (higher then Chlapik) or we would not of done that.

Chlapik may become a better player but as of right now there has been no developments (that i know of) since the draft for Chlapik to move over Gagne in terms of who is the better prospect.

A couple points;

It's perfectly acceptable to have a different opinion that the team we cheer for. I would have prefered Svechnikov over Chabot for example.

Teams could theoretically take a player they have ranked lower if they think other teams don't know about or aren't as high on the guy the have ranked higher. I recall reading about Detroit trying to "hide" scouting certain players (datsyuk if memory serves) allowing them to draft that player with a less valuable pick.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

So by this logic it would have been wrong to vote for Daniel Alfredsson ahead of Radek Bonk in 1994. Or that in July of 1998 that is is just flat wrong to suggest that Mike Fisher was a better prospect than Mathieu "two times" Chouinard?

The point here is that I don't think Gagne was better at the draft than Chlapik and I don't now. I'm happy we got both but i rank them in a different order than the Sens selected them.

NHL central scouting had Chlapik significantly ahead of Gagne. Were they definitely wrong?

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
So by this logic it would have been wrong to vote for Daniel Alfredsson ahead of Radek Bonk in 1994. Or that in July of 1998 that is is just flat wrong to suggest that Mike Fisher was a better prospect than Mathieu "two times" Chouinard?

The point here is that I don't think Gagne was better at the draft than Chlapik and I don't now. I'm happy we got both but i rank them in a different order than the Sens selected them.

NHL central scouting had Chlapik significantly ahead of Gagne. Were they definitely wrong?

yes it would of been. Bonk was the 3rd overall pick and Alfie was a 6th round pick. at the time of there draft Bonk was a better prospect. Alfie might of turned out better but hindsight does not change a prospects value.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
A couple points;

It's perfectly acceptable to have a different opinion that the team we cheer for. I would have prefered Svechnikov over Chabot for example.

Teams could theoretically take a player they have ranked lower if they think other teams don't know about or aren't as high on the guy the have ranked higher. I recall reading about Detroit trying to "hide" scouting certain players (datsyuk if memory serves) allowing them to draft that player with a less valuable pick.

that strategy might of worked back in the 90's when many teams did not scout/scout well any European leagues. now that is not the case (specially when the 2 players in question played in the QMJHL).

if the sens honestly traded up then drafted a guy who was not at the top of their list i'd seriously question managements drafting processes. i under stand the idea of drafting a guy you have lower if you are sure you can get the higher guy within a few spots but that was not the case here. we traded up to get Gagne and then had to wait 12 spots to get Chlapik. any of those 12 teams could of easily drafted him or traded there pick to someone who wanted him. our choice to trade up for Gagne then wait 12 spots for Chlapik shows we clearly think Gagne is a better prospect.

Chlapik might of been ranked 18th(NA skaters) but something made him fall 30(ish) spots and i doubt it was teams not know anything about him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
that strategy might of worked back in the 90's when many teams did not scout/scout well any European leagues. now that is not the case (specially when the 2 players in question played in the QMJHL).

if the sens honestly traded up then drafted a guy who was not at the top of their list i'd seriously question managements drafting processes. i under stand the idea of drafting a guy you have lower if you are sure you can get the higher guy within a few spots but that was not the case here. we traded up to get Gagne and then had to wait 12 spots to get Chlapik. any of those 12 teams could of easily drafted him or traded there pick to someone who wanted him. our choice to trade up for Gagne then wait 12 spots for Chlapik shows we clearly think Gagne is a better prospect.

Chlapik might of been ranked 18th(NA skaters) but something made him fall 30(ish) spots and i doubt it was teams not know anything about him.

let's just pretend that everyone can rank the players anyway they want according to whatever system they want to use. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad