(Binghamton Senators, AHL) 61.00%
6. Fredrik Claesson D 6'0" 209
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Binghamton Senators, AHL)55.56%

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2013) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1494213&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Tough round... I went with Englund but Dzingel, Guptill, Wikstrand, Prince and Hogberg are also in that group IMO.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Englund, but had a tough time deciding between him and Prince. Everything I watch of him I start to like him more.

After them, I'd say it's also pretty even between Wilkstrand, Hogberg and Guptill.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Hesitated between Englund, Guptill and Wikstrand.

Went with Guptill.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Wikstrand. Excited to see what he does this year after 11 points in 19 games in the Elitserien last season. Does anyone know if he's committed to Frölunda for 2014-15? Would be interesting if he turned heads a bit in camp this year.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So tough. Went with prince but it could have went several other ways.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Out of curiosity, what's making some of you choose Hogberg over Driedger?

He's a newer, shinier toy.

I'm going with Prince but Driedger is my next selection. Not sure why he's being under-rated. Actually, I just think Hogberg is being over-rated. I mean, how many of us have actually watched him play more than 3 games? I like him from what I've seen and he's a big body, but Driedger has proven more, IMO. He's put up some awesome numbers in the WHL and he's more NHL ready.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He's a newer, shinier toy.

I'm going with Prince but Driedger is my next selection. Not sure why he's being under-rated. Actually, I just think Hogberg is being over-rated. I mean, how many of us have actually watched him play more than 3 games? I like him from what I've seen and he's a big body, but Driedger has proven more, IMO. He's put up some awesome numbers in the WHL and he's more NHL ready.

All though Hogberg is newer, they were both drafted at least a year ago, so that philosophy kind of goes away over time (check past prospect rankings), like Dreidger was doing good in the WHL, he regressed this year, while Hogberg got promoted to the SEL so his stock rose.

And if people are just voting "new" Englund would be higher wouldn't he since he is our newest and highest ranked player from this draft?

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
i think its pretty criminal that people havent even discussed Lindberg in this area of picks. voting prince, but imo Lindberg could very well be in this spot. Idk why Englund is getting so much hype, he was an off the board pick (only by a little but still), and his skating was nowhere near as good as Dorion was drooling about, while I saw him at dev camp.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
i think its pretty criminal that people havent even discussed Lindberg in this area of picks. voting prince, but imo Lindberg could very well be in this spot. Idk why Englund is getting so much hype, he was an off the board pick (only by a little but still), and his skating was nowhere near as good as Dorion was drooling about, while I saw him at dev camp.

I think you're thinking of Gendron in terms of the great skating D we drafted.

Lindberg definitely does not belong in this spot considering there's a Hobey Baker nominee and a guy who put up great numbers in the A in Prince plus a couple of great goalies. He had a good prospect camp, but let's see him perform in real competitive games before raising his status above some other pretty accomplished players. I remember being fairly impressed with how Culek looked in all his prospect camps and yet the guy was extremely average in the Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00