Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014 (15th) [TIE]

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
And just so everyone knows if 2 players are within 2 votes we will do a tie-breaker, thats how ive done this in the past.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I liked what I saw of Lindberg's speed during dev camp. At this point, seemed like as good a reason as any to make him the pick.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Cole Schneider ☺☻☺

Cole Schneider gets my vote again I see him as the best remaining prospect........................

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Nothing against Schneider, but I've got to give the edge to Lindberg's upside over a 24-year-old prospect who doesn't look like he will make an NHL team full time until he is at least 25 or 26, if ever.

Schneider is not high-end, he's not NHL-ready, and he's not young (in prospect's terms, that is). Those are three fairly big strikes against.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nothing against Schneider, but I've got to give the edge to Lindberg's upside over a 24-year-old prospect who doesn't look like he will make an NHL team full time until he is at least 25 or 26, if ever.

Schneider is not high-end, he's not NHL-ready, and he's not young (in prospect's terms, that is). Those are three fairly big strikes against.

He's turning 24 in August and he's shown steady progress since signing out of college. There's no stagnation there as of yet. If Lindberg ever gets to where Schneider is at right now, he'd be a successful pick. His production is solid and he's definitely close to NHL ready if not already there. Lindberg has to actually do something to be considered here and he most certainly has not. Schneider has.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's turning 24 in August and he's shown steady progress since signing out of college. There's no stagnation there as of yet. If Lindberg ever gets to where Schneider is at right now, he'd be a successful pick. His production is solid and he's definitely close to NHL ready if not already there. Lindberg has to actually do something to be considered here and he most certainly has not. Schneider has.

I have a bias againsgt 25 year old rookies (25 seemingly being the minimum age Schneider will be when/if he ever gets a shot at a full time spot on the team, if ever, barring injuries).

I'm not saying it can't be done, far from it, but there is very little NHL upside in Schneider past what he has already shown us, IMO. Looks like a tweener/4th liner to me, though as always when discussing skepticism around one of our prospects, I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I doubt lindberg ever scores 20 in the AHL. The way i see it now is that schneider is an injry call up and hes very close to the nhl. All he needs is one chance and if he can preform in that chance or get maclean to like him hes in.

WhiteLight*

I have a bias againsgt 25 year old rookies (25 seemingly being the minimum age Schneider will be when/if he ever gets a shot at a full time spot on the team, if ever, barring injuries).

I'm not saying it can't be done, far from it, but there is very little NHL upside in Schneider past what he has already shown us, IMO. Looks like a tweener/4th liner to me, though as always when discussing skepticism around one of our prospects, I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

He's 23 man...

Schneider has improved every single season and his AHL performance merits him a call up. He has size, skill, versatility and two-way ability.

Lindberg on the other hand did not improve his play this season. He's not even close to a point per game in a junior league. He's one of Ottawa's least accomplished prospects.

I have no idea why he's even being discussed here. He should be near the bottom of the list

WhiteLight*

He'll be 24 by the time this year's training camp starts, and 25 by the time NEXT year's camp starts, which was my point.

Sens have 12 forwards. there's a spot to win in camp and injuries always come up. He could easily get a shot and stick this year

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sens have 12 forwards. there's a spot to win in camp and injuries always come up. He could easily get a shot and stick this year

Sure, anything could happen.

I just don't see much more room for Schneider's development. IMO, he's approaching WYSIWYG territory.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sure, anything could happen.

I just don't see much more room for Schneider's development. IMO, he's approaching WYSIWYG territory.

The Sens aren't that closed minded on age though. They've given a chance to Benoit, Carkner and Klinkhammer in recent years. Schneider's going to be a NHL player. I don't share your view that he doesn't have room for development considering he came from a very young program at UConn and played junior in the NAHL. He's only really played at a high level for two years and done considerably well and maintained steady progression. There's really nothing holding this back except silly prejudice.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Sens aren't that closed minded on age though. They've given a chance to Benoit, Carkner and Klinkhammer in recent years. Schneider's going to be a NHL player. I don't share your view that he doesn't have room for development considering he came from a very young program at UConn and played junior in the NAHL. He's only really played at a high level for two years and done considerably well and maintained steady progression. There's really nothing holding this back except silly prejudice.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think his ceiling is 4th liner in the NHL who is only as valuable as his cap hit is low.

For the record, I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad