Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Robin Lehner G 6'4" 223
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Ottawa Senators, NHL) 52.86%

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2012) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1270791&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I said Lehner was our #1 prospect last yr & most disagreed, what happened? :shakehead

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Voted Pageau. Watched he and Zibanejad specifically at the rookie development camp yesterday, and, well... there's just something about that kid.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Voted Pageau. Watched he and Zibanejad specifically at the rookie development camp yesterday, and, well... there's just something about that kid.

I'm guessing you are a francophone because of your avatar name "Le Tigre", if you are, do you think that factors into why you picked him? Merci la.

P.S. - he was really good today too.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
No, not a francophone.

Pageau uses the centre of the ice so effectively. He manages his real estate so freaking well.

Zibanejad ignores his gaps moreso, and expects to bowl over or speed by his defenders more often than not.

Two different approaches to the centre ice position- one a more cerebral, the other being predominantly physical.

For the purposes of this discussion, I choose the cerebral player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ceci then Lazar at this point for me. That said Zibanejad will likely win this poll.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, not a francophone.

Pageau uses the centre of the ice so effectively. He manages his real estate so freaking well.

Zibanejad ignores his gaps moreso, and expects to bowl over or speed by his defenders more often than not.

Two different approaches to the centre ice position- one a more cerebral, the other being predominantly physical.

For the purposes of this discussion, I choose the cerebral player.

That's a good point but traditionally the cerebral player plays on the top 2 lines, I don't see Pageau replacing Spezza or Turris anytime soon. However, the NHL does seem to be trending to 3 scoring lines & rolling four lines so he could be in a battle for the 3rd line centre spot. But again I think that's Zibanejad's spot unless he is moved to the wing which I think is possible too & I don't like Pageau on the 4th line. Should be interesting to see what happens here.

A 3rd line of Greening - Pageau - Zibanejad would be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad