Sens at Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Check that - 4-0. That last goal reminded me of the Turris to Stone beauty vs. Carolina. The untold story here is the great job that Burns is doing so far in neutralizing Ovechkin...

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Bob almost had that though, gotta give him credit... But that was a sweet feed

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wish NHL teams would play like this. Just go all out on the attack and use those talented hands.

So sick of watching teams go into a defensive shell with a 1-goal lead.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wish NHL teams would play like this. Just go all out on the attack and use those talented hands.

It's the same reason why NFL coaches play it so safe - there's so much money on the line, and so much fear of getting fired, that no one dares take any risks. If you play run and gun and lose, you're getting fired. Here at this tournament, you can play run and gun and it's not a problem...

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

This tourney is less serious than the Olympics. At the Olympics, Canada shut everything down.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's the same reason why NFL coaches play it so safe - there's so much money on the line, and so much fear of getting fired, that no one dares take any risks. If you play run and gun and lose, you're getting fired. Here at this tournament, you can play run and gun and it's not a problem...

This tourney is less serious than the Olympics. At the Olympics, Canada shut everything down.

Yeah, I know.

But damn, we know the majority of NHL teams have the horses to play like this every game. Seems like it's a real ripoff of our entertainment dollar to watch 82 "safe" games during the season, if you know what i mean. Those guys are holding out on us.

Winning is important, but so is entertainment.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Apparently the tsn announcers missed game 1 of Ottawa and Montreal regarding reversed penalty calls

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I the only one who thinks this year the tournament was more boring than normal? One team crushing everyone isn't that exciting or interesting.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks this year the tournament was more boring than normal? One team crushing everyone isn't that exciting or interesting.

Actually I quite enjoy watching Canada dominate Russia in a tournament that's hard to argue it isn't best on best this year.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If this is boring, I could get used to it. It's nice to see the Russians get it handed to them - that never gets old.

Also, good for Spezza winning top forward in the tournament. Say what you like about the guy, but he has some of the softest hands you'll ever see on a hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad