GDT: Sens at Wings | December 17, 1:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Sens have been hot in their last 10 and are playing their best hockey of the season. Wings are injury depleted and the players that are playing don't care to work hard.

Should be a fun one....6-2 Ottawa.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Sens have been hot in their last 10 and are playing their best hockey of the season. Wings are injury depleted and the players that are playing don't care to work hard.

Can't say that I share in that opinion. They just don't have the same skillset as their opponents right now.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Maybe because they're working hard that's why so many injured players

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Did you watch the game yesterday? The way the team played in the first period was laughable. I've seen more intensity in synchronized swimming.
To be fair, I didn't watch the first. Minnesota was just much better than Detroit, as the shot counter indicated.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Did you watch the game yesterday? The way the team played in the first period was laughable. I've seen more intensity in synchronized swimming.
cc457d98777b668193b488471b96c52c8f-08-synchronized-swimming-149932135.2x.rsquare.w536.jpg

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
To be fair, I didn't watch the first. Minnesota was just much better than Detroit, as the shot counter indicated.
Minnesota worked harder in every aspect of the game.

Ryan Reaves threw a monster hit, and the entire team played scared. I realize most teams are better than us on paper, and yes it's that much more difficult when you have this many injuries, but the team looked like a Pee-Wee house league team in the first period terrified to even initiate any physicality, and looked like they were skating in mud.

As the game went on, the intensity finally picked up a bit, but it wasn't good enough. Seider played with intensity, as did Chiarot, the rest of the team looked like they were out for a public skate. We need much more intensity from everyone, or we will be in 27th in the league soon enough.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ottawa is missing their #1 (Stützle) and #2 center (Norris), their #2 defenseman (Zub) and 2 of their top 6/9 (Joseph and Motte).

Injuries can't be an excuse for either team. Should be a good game.

Apparently Giroux is playing center and winning > 60% of his faceoffs. Meanwhile we have Copp.....

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
They had to put someone on IR to bring Soda up to fill for Larkin. Since he'd already been out two games and they knew he wasn't playing in the B2B they retroactively IR'd Maatta for the roster spot.
Ahh thank you for explaining. I was starting to wonder why there had not been an update as to the change in roster status.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Every team is hot lately. The devils have cooled off after the hot streak.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Got it.

We've got half of a roster out.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Vrana
Zadina - Fabbri - Luff

Maatta - Hronek
Hagg (not that it matters) - Pysyk
The season started with Fabbri and Copp (Vrana and Bertuzzi) out of the lineup, more or less.
Who is Luff?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The season started with Fabbri and Copp (Vrana and Bertuzzi) out of the lineup, more or less.
Who is Luff?

AHL tweener Matt Luff that got hit by a puck to the face then came back only to get boarded by Slafkovsky (major & match penalty + 2 games). 10 - 12 weeks for wrist surgery, sounds like a compound fracture.

To be fair, Luff, Hagg and Zadina don't really belong on an NHL roster so it's really 6 players which is still a lot. Also can't count Pysyk who's never even worn a WIngs jersey.

Reactions: 14ari13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad