GDT: Sens at Kings - Thur 10:30 TSN5

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can't recall the exact play but your compete is going to be lower when you are overplayed. Like I said I would like to see better effort at times but overplaying the player isn't doing him any favours.
It was directly before the goal. Him and Giroux were breaking out to go on a 2 on 1. That had nothing to do with being tired. It was a soft play.

Kings 9-4-1 in the DJ era.

Sens 14-17-4 in the Jacques era.

Really makes you think.
What that the GM's who built these teams are completely different ? They're playing way more responsible hockey now. It's not even close way less selfish plays less cheating. Better details. It's obvious.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ottawa, this season in the DJS era .423pts%

Ottawa, this season in the JM era .444Pts%

Am not seeing the results of JM teaching the team to play “ the right way”… think it was a mistake to bring in an interim with a predetermined shelf life….players know JM is not going to be even considered to be behind the bench next year….and know there will be another Coach and another concept of playing the game “the right way “ , so don’t blame the player if the substitute teachers lessons are not showing a marked improvement on the ice.

Still believe the general manager should’ve hired a full-time next new coach, from the available pool of candidates after he left DJ Smith leave.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I turned the game off with like 11 minutes to go in the third. I didn’t assume we would win or anything I just wanted to sleep so I can’t comment on what I didn’t see.

Before that tho, we ran them around. I guess this is what we would have called good losses in tank years lol. Where we could say man, if ONly we had one more star piece we would close this game.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
This is one of the weakest Sens teams on the puck. We consistently lose body position goals, we are always digging with the stick rather than trying to get position. All 3 goals were as a result of lost one on one puck battles, or conceding puck session when there is an easy opportunity to pressure. It’s so frustrating. LA is what we want to be, skilled but also hard on the puck.

Exciting game, but you know, bad bounces puck luck etc right? How about go to battle on the boards and in front of the net for a change.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I thought it was Guennette in front standing there taking no ones stick for the tap in? I guess the AHL team doesnt do that either.

Tkachuks compete level tonight has been incredible. Dragging this group into it.
He got the penalty which kicked off the sequence.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was directly before the goal. Him and Giroux were breaking out to go on a 2 on 1. That had nothing to do with being tired. It was a soft play.

Perhaps and I’m not saying Stutzle is innocent. I’ll say it again, I would like to see a better effort. I just don’t think you are going to get a consistent effort when you are over playing players like they are with Stutzle.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
People also want to talk about DJ. I know it’s very likely not his fault cuz he just got there..but the kings defence looked putrid last night they left Talbot out to dry several times and couldn’t move the puck.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
We've seen glimpses of an excellent team under Martin (the Vegas game and Dallas game) but we also saw glimpses of impressive play under DJ (6-2 over the Rangers and 5-1 over the Wings a few nights later).

I still think that no matter what coach you put behind the bench, this team will continue to struggle because of goaltending. I'm hoping Korpisalo has a bounce back year next year, because we're stuck with him. We have no other choice. The D also needs to perform better.

But we could have Scotty Bowman behind our bench and we'd still be below .500.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We've seen glimpses of an excellent team under Martin (the Vegas game and Dallas game) but we also saw glimpses of impressive play under DJ (6-2 over the Rangers and 5-1 over the Wings a few nights later).

I still think that no matter what coach you put behind the bench, this team will continue to struggle because of goaltending. I'm hoping Korpisalo has a bounce back year next year, because we're stuck with him. We have no other choice. The D also needs to perform better.

But we could have Scotty Bowman behind our bench and we'd still be below .500.
Agreed its a combination of the way the D core is built and the goalie. They simply do not have enough size, compete and physicality back there. How many times do you see easy tap ins or lost battles in front resulting in goals. The entire make up needs to change. You cant have Brannstrom, JBD, Chabot, Chychrun and Guennette for example all dressed. 1 max 2. They simply have to get harder back there. If you think its bad now imagine come playoff time.

Hope that they can get some sort of asset for Brannstrom now, I dont see any scenario that they extend him at that price point.

Chyrchrun's value immediatly drops the moment 3 PM roles around.

This team is truly awful, I feel bad for anyone still watching full games let alone these late ones.
They're bad for sure but not as bad as their record. The team save percentage is .885, last in the league impossible to win. Special teams is also horrid. 5 on 5 they routinely outplay the opposition. But the make up defnitely needs to change on defense. A complete overhaul.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
What that the GM's who built these teams are completely different ? They're playing way more responsible hockey now. It's not even close way less selfish plays less cheating. Better details. It's obvious.

Yet they have a far worse record than they did last year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought it was a pretty good game. Sens had a good start to the game. 2 in a row now. They had been struggling with that. Our forecheck was good. Our neutral zone was good.
They stuck with it and competed through 3 periods. Korpisalo maybe had his best game as a Senator. I'll definitely take that over what they were giving us in what feels like quite a few games before this one.

We took the lead, they tied it up; We took it back; They tied it up , went ahead and we tied it up. They stayed with it.

I liked the t7-Pinto-Batherson line.. and the Stutzle line had 3 or 4 grade A looks. The 3rd and 4th lines did their job with depleted troops.

Byfield goal was a breakaway coming out of he box. Chychrun and Guenette were in the proximity but let Byfield get behind.. 1-1
PLD Goal was a tap in with Guenette being in the right position not tying up the man or the stick 2-2
Moverare goal was a own goal Tip in by Stutzle
OT goal has been discussed and was certainly not defended well. It was like working hard through the game; sticking with the game plan and taking a short cut in OT , not supporting a puck battle and being out worked on another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad