GDT: Sens at Kings - Thur 10:30 TSN5

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I thought it was a pretty good game. Sens had a good start to the game. 2 in a row now. They had been struggling with that. Our forecheck was good. Our neutral zone was good.
They stuck with it and competed through 3 periods. Korpisalo maybe had his best game as a Senator. I'll definitely take that over what they were giving us in what feels like quite a few games before this one.

We took the lead, they tied it up; We took it back; They tied it up , went ahead and we tied it up. They stayed with it.

I liked the t7-Pinto-Batherson line.. and the Stutzle line had 3 or 4 grade A looks. The 3rd and 4th lines did their job with depleted troops.

Byfield goal was a breakaway coming out of he box. Chychrun and Guenette were in the proximity but let Byfield get behind.. 1-1
PLD Goal was a tap in with Guenette being in the right position not tying up the man or the stick 2-2
Moverare goal was a own goal Tip in by Stutzle
OT goal has been discussed and was certainly not defended well. It was like working hard through the game; sticking with the game plan and taking a short cut in OT , not supporting a puck battle and being out worked on another.
Unfortunately being out worked on puck battles is something this team is consistent at. We dig with sticks, other teams get body position. There were a handful of games this year when we were hard on the puck with physicality and we looked good. I can’t recall the exact games, but last night we were not. Most games we are not. All the skill doesn’t overcome that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Unfortunately being out worked on puck battles is something this team is consistent at. We dig with sticks, other teams get body position. There were a handful of games this year when we were hard on the puck with physicality and we looked good. I can’t recall the exact games, but last night we were not. Most games we are not. All the skill doesn’t overcome that.
They still have things to clean up ... Willingness to engage physically is one of them. They only have a couple players that manage to do that fairly consistently. Not enough. No where near enough. Still I thought last night was one of their most complete games in the past 6 or 7.

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1709922339783.png

1709922457861.png

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
They still have things to clean up ... Willingness to engage physically is one of them. They only have a couple players that manage to do that fairly consistently. Not enough. No where near enough. Still I thought last night was one of their most complete games in the past 6 or 7.

Last night when Brady threw a big hit and the Kings started running around as payback, the team looked unwilling to engage. Too many guys unwilling to sacrifice the body to make a play. They need guys who will feed off Brady getting the other team to start running around. Other than fourth liners and Greig, there didn't seem to be any last night.

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah that's because you need to actually watch the games.

DJS this season, .423pts%….. since JM took over, .444pts%

Stats speak from themselves…. Are you happy with a .021pts% coaching “Bump”?

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Zub is love, Zub is life

I'll actually be destroyed when his time with the Sens is over
And to think he was an undrafted UFA when the Sens first signed him. As much as I disliked many of the moves Dorion made, I have to give him props for this one: it was one of his best. He's only 28 so he should be good to go for a few more years. For people who say solid stay-at-home defencemen aren't appreciated as much as those with offensive flair, they should come to our barn and hear the Zub chants. He's the only D that gets chants on a regular basis. We love our Zub.

One thing that irritates me is the Norris always seems to be awarded to D with high offensive numbers. Seeing as it's the only trophy awared to defencemen, they should also consider how many goals they've prevented from being scored, how solid they are with outlet passes, etc.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad