GDT: SENS at DEVILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

"Good hard work by the senators, they did all the right things" hahaha great commentary

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good game for Anderson & Turris, also thought Stone played another good game with a couple of blocks, a couple of steals & some good offensive end zone possession, same for Lazar. A little lucky for Ottawa that NJ has trouble scoring since they really out shot Ottawa in this one but Anderson kept them out all game. :handclap:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The only goalie that gets a first round pick is an elite one that's also young.

Andy is too old for any team to part with a first round pick.

I disagree. A team like Anaheim or let's say Chicago would totally trade their first for Andy were they in desperate need of a goalie going into the playoffs.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
If the coaching staff can work on their positioning in both the defensive and offensive zones I think the team can learn to protect (and maintain) the puck a bit better.

They're always going to struggle to score goals because outside of Ryan and Karlsson they just don't have elite players. But they can certainly keep themselves in games with sound positional play and a good forecheck. None of that was present tonight outside of the first 5 minutes. The only thing sound about tonight was the play of their goaltender.

Call this one a lucky statistical anomoly and burn the game tape. Back to the drawing board at practice, Dave.....

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I disagree. A team like Anaheim or let's say Chicago would totally trade their first for Andy were they in desperate need of a goalie going into the playoffs.

Well Chicago wouldn't because they already have too many quality goalies as it is and doesn't seem to matter who starts.

Anaheim has Gibson as the next one, with Beezer now backing up Andersen this year.

So probably not the best comparisons.
Anyway - PGT is up: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1795899

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad