News Article: Sens ask Mayor McJinx not to Jinx team

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
My theory is Councilman Chiarelli is doing this on purpose so as to jinx the team and ensure Boston get in...

Why?

Well, it's no secret that if Boston doesn't make the playoffs, a certain GM's future with the team becomes murky.

Gee, I wonder whose cousin is the GM...?

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Scott Moffat was the only one who spoke against it, saying something like it would be Rick Chiarelli's fault if the Sens did'nt make it, but then he like all other councillors voted unanimously in favour of the motion.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Chiarelli seems like not a very bright politician.
On one hand, he is just trying to jump on that playoff ship to get some love from constituents, on the other, it will backfire badly for him if sens fail.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
My theory is Councilman Chiarelli is doing this on purpose so as to jinx the team and ensure Boston get in...

Why?

Well, it's no secret that if Boston doesn't make the playoffs, a certain GM's future with the team becomes murky.

Gee, I wonder whose cousin is the GM...?

You honestly think Chiarelli can make logical connections like that? You're giving him too much credit!

Chiarelli seems like not a very bright politician.
On one hand, he is just trying to jump on that playoff ship to get some love from constituents, on the other, it will backfire badly for him if sens fail.

Really? What gave you that impression? :laugh:

:sarcasm:

ugh councillors in this city are just so opportunistic combined with not being very smart, leads to many embarrassing situations.

It reminds me of last summer at the redblacks home opener when a couple councillors drove down and used their VIP parking passes after telling all the rabble to make sure we bus to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
What a bunch of imbeciles. No surprise though, these are the same morons that approved an Asian super store at the corner of the worst rush hour intersection in Ottawa.

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014
What a bunch of imbeciles. No surprise though, these are the same morons that approved an Asian super store at the corner of the worst rush hour intersection in Ottawa.

It's not the Super Store that creates the Bottleneck at that intersection, it's the poor traffic light timing on either end of the bridge. Pretty much the only bottleneck along the entire length of Hunt Club.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Isn't there a photo op the mayor needs to go to? What the flying pigs did the city think they were doing trying to open Sens Mile early? Talk about stupid and arrogant. :facepalm:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Scott Moffat was the only one who spoke against it, saying something like it would be Rick Chiarelli's fault if the Sens did'nt make it, but then he like all other councillors voted unanimously in favour of the motion.

Chiarelli said on 1200 Moffat is a leaf fan.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Should the SENS nix the Elgin St. Sens Mile or not?

I'm sorry, I'm 1 that disagrees with the Sens. We need the City get behind this great run the Sens are on. We don't believe in Jinx. If they don't make it, at least the excitements been building, and at least we can have something to cheer about.

I always say, Ottawa is the Town that fun forgot, but in this case, it is the Sens decision.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
No wait till playoffs or at least till the team clinches. Not for jinx reasons but for not looking stupid and over confident reasons

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Need to wait, or just rename Elgin permanently. Course that would cost a lot of money to the businesses if the street is renamed.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I have zero ****s to give in regards to this topic. Why does anyone care?

There was something where the city was going to open it and then the sens management asked them not too? That's what I understand of the situation.

I just heard borocops thoughts on it on the radio. He does not give a **** either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad