Post-Game Talk: Sens 6 Oilers 1

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Yes we have depth issues at foreard, a couple guys need to step up.
On D we have guys playing over their heads and it has shown.

However the biggest problem is that the whole team has looked flat and three of our top guys are playing like ass. They're not going to win many games when you only get 10 minutes of intensity out of 60. I see a lot of battle drills ad scrimmages in their near future.

If they can find a little passion this will turn around in a hurry, if they figure they can coast for 50 out of 60 because they're just that good... it's going to be a long season.

As a side note (not excusing the Oilers play at all) the Sens are super confident right now and it shows on the scoreboard. You don't get goals like the mask to shinpad and in one when you spend your possession passing it around the outside.

Reactions: oobga

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006

I actually don’t mind that... it’s not a hard decision to shake things up when the teams been playing like this. I’d love to see those top two lines gel and succeed, and win some games. Give the team some hard decisions to make once Drai is back.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Maroon is not good enough to be playing top line minutes! Give kassian a shot for once , the one guy who at least is giving it out there, can actually skate and make plays .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

It's about damned time that the Khaira-Letestu-Kassian line gets back together. I suspect that they should be a good line. The 4th line though, yikes. Hopefully Strome gets going on Nuge and Looch's line. If not and Drai is out for awhile, I'd suspect that we will see Puljujarvi up here soon.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Strome has done absolutely nothing to be on the second line. Looch doesn't look like a great fit there either.
These are my ideal lines for now:

Maroon-McDavid-Kassian
Jokinen-RNH-Yamamoto (the line from preseason)
Lucic-Strome-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Pakarinen

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's about damned time that the Khaira-Letestu-Kassian line gets back together. I suspect that they should be a good line. The 4th line though, yikes. Hopefully Strome gets going on Nuge and Looch's line. If not and Drai is out for awhile, I'd suspect that we will see Puljujarvi up here soon.
That's the worst 3rd line in the league lol

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Get Maroon off the top line. He's been absolutely terrible so far. Put Lucic in at least he's shown he gives a crap.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Caggiula's still out? *Le sigh* I'd still be looking to break up Maroon and McDavid though. Perhaps give Jokinen a shot there, at least he has some history keeping up with high end players... Maroon seems to be playing more at Strome's speed, perhaps they can work together? (Scraping the bottom of the barrel there, I know...)

Jokinen-McDavid-Yamamoto
Lucic-RNH-Kassian
Maroon-Strome-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Pakarinen

McDavid's still being charged to carry none top 6'ers, but at least they have some skill.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian was a really good line in preseason. But as a third line combination, I feel they will be exposed. Letestu looked terrible as a third line centre in the pass.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Strome has done absolutely nothing to be on the second line. Looch doesn't look like a great fit there either.
These are my ideal lines for now:

Maroon-McDavid-Kassian
Jokinen-RNH-Yamamoto (the line from preseason)
Lucic-Strome-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Pakarinen

You crap on Looch yet what has Jokinen done?

That's the worst 3rd line in the league lol

It's a poor 3rd line but has the makings of a damn good 4th line IMO.

Khaira-Letestu-Kassian was a really good line in preseason. But as a third line combination, I feel they will be exposed. Letestu looked terrible as a third line centre in the pass.

Agreed, they are playing a line too high in the lineup.

Something maybe AA can fix ;)

I would definitely try to land him if he is available. Plays the game at a high skill level and at a high speed. If he works out I'd drop Maroon to the 3rd line.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
You crap on Looch yet what has Jokinen done?

Not crapping on Looch. By not a great fit there, I meant I don't see much chemistry between him and Nuge. Jokinen seemed to have some chemistry going with RNH. And by putting Looch on that third line, we avoid the issue of having 2 fourth lines.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Just had a chance to watch the RNH interview and quite frankly I see something different than you guys. Watch his body language and face while they're asking him about the game. I see someone who's so frustrated and angry that he's about to snap and have his head explode.. but TV... time for another say nothing hockey answer. Every time they start asking him the next question you can see him tense up. Then watch a little later when they stop talking about the game and his whole body and face relaxes.

I think what you guys are seeing as lack of emotion is in fact someone who is very good at locking down their emotions. The aw shucks is just his way of saying nothing and getting through 5 minutes of hell.

the RNH interview is really depressing.....the kid seems content, and passive.
IMO doesn't come off as a winner.

Never has. You need guys with fire. Ebs doesn't have it, and RNH doesn't appear to either.

The After Hours segments of Bobby Ryan and Ryan Nugent Hopkins were diametrically different. With Ryan there was a desperation to show the hockey world where they are, to continue to prevail. With Nuge it was aw shucks and we'll get there sometime.

It was revealing, but somewhat disappointing.

Reactions: oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad