Post-Game Talk: Sens 4, Pens 1 - It's Only January

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Huge minus to this postgame thread. The defense gets beaten like a redheaded mule for two games straight, and the postgame thread is a giant argument about which fancy-ass winger JR should trade a D-man for. Really, guys?

:laugh:

I don't get it either. Both of these last two games, what stood out in a bad way was the D. Blatantly.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I think the reason for the constant negativity on this board also has to do with the incredibly high expectations all of us have for this era of the Pens. I think that when we drafted Sid, and then Geno, and had a number one overall pick in net, and then a rising superstar two way d in Letang....we all started to get that Lebron to Miami mentality of 'not one or two or three' championships expectation. We got the one, it was great. Then we had a huge lull afterwards for several seasons, and most of us see those as wasted opportunities. Now Sully wins a Cup his first year, great. But now we're starting to see problems, and the problems are pretty glaringly obvious, but neither Sullivan nor Rutherford seem to be addressing them, for the sake of keeping the family together. Which was our constant complaint during the Bylsma/Shero era. And if that's going to be the case, then the 2016 might be the last time in a long while that the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup. We don't want that. We want to be Chicago.

I think Chicago has went out 3 times in the first round since their first cup.

Chicago has made 3 cup finals in this era, same as Pittsburgh. The Hawks had the luxury of not playing the best team of the past decade in their first cup appearance.

Let's not act like the Hawks are some undeniable and unchallenged dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad