Speculation: Senatrolls about to emerge

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i don't think it's outrageous to say that our team will be better in the second half of the season, because Spezza, Karlsson, and Cowen will be even better at that time. However, will that be enough to secure a spot in the playoffs? I hope so, we have lots of great talent on this team.

melnyk budget*

There's still a lot of hockey to be played so you never know.

We enjoyed the last 2 regular seasons, but only made the playoffs as 7 and 8 seeds.

Maybe this year we make the playoffs as a wildcard but it looks ugly getting there.

Maybe this team is what we've seen so far.

What I'm getting at is, we just don't know.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen can only play better than they are right now. Michalek, Conacher, Greening, Wiercioch, Condra have room for more. Sprinkle more Ziba on everything and you can activate Senatroll Mode.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Basically: Either the team continues to be inconsistantly consistant all year and looks like it has.

Or.

They click and find a groove, go on a hot streak and slide in as a low seed.

Lets hope 2.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The team has been playing bad on purpose so everyone will underestimate them and then Bam, everyone who sucks will be in the running for the Hart Trophy.

Milan the God*

The Pesky Sens was fun to watch but that style of play will never be sustainable.

Pesky Sens weren't just the last second goals and insane comebacks, it was the teams mental state and how we never gave up in individual games and seasons.

Let's be real..last season, karlsson goes down. If everybody stopped playing, they would have gotten a free pass. Instead they didn't give up and despite literally being a team of third liners, camas back and made the second round of the playoffs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Pesky Sens weren't just the last second goals and insane comebacks, it was the teams mental state and how we never gave up in individual games and seasons.

Let's be real..last season, karlsson goes down. If everybody stopped playing, they would have gotten a free pass. Instead they didn't give up and despite literally being a team of third liners, camas back and made the second round of the playoffs.

So how do we get the Pesky Sens mentality back?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I honestly believe Ottawa is slowly but surely making things happen with chemistry bonding.

Conacher-Smith-Neil has been a very good together. Smith and Neil with the grit and cycling while Conacher drives the net and adds much needed speed and energy on that line.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan no need to explain

Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad two thirds of that line have been lazy and dis-interested. Zibanejad will bring much needed physical power and ability to drive the net. We really just need this line to be ok. I'm not asking for anything more.

Greening-Grant-Condra. Two great defensive and puck possession forwards and then there's Greening. Who knows.

With guys like Pageau, Hoffman, Stone, this team could easily shore up their hustle and lack of chemistry for extra players like Greening and Michalek.

Our issues lie with our defense(Who seem to be improving)

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Greening-Grant-Condra. Two great defensive and puck possession forwards and then there's Greening. Who knows.

I think this line combination works well. Every great crew has followed this basic dynamic.

Condra is the Brains - gifted with hockey IQ, reliable in all three zones of the ice

Grant is the Brawn - strength on the puck, in possession and recovery, is key to his success

Greening is, of course...

id7ps7r.gif

The A-team did it, Scooby Doo did it, even the Ghostbusters did it. The more Mac disturbs this formula, the less likely the line will be as successful as these listed organizations.

Honestly, I predict this to be our most effective line in Detroit.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
If things start falling into place, this team has the gamebreakers and supporting cast to be a real competitive team that can win any game. Consistency is the key right now. A steadying veteran puck mover on the right side would go a long in helping the team.

Can't wait to see the sens go on a tear soon though. They are due, and have the ability. Time to put a stretch of solid play together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad