LeBrun: Senators will trade Ceci, if they get Muzzin like return

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Leafs got a smoking deal for a 29 year old muzzin. Good move dubas. I could care less about the prospects they gave up and the first rounder is a late. But ceci? Yikes

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
Wow... I’ve never gone through 5 pages of a post and seen so many people miss the point.

Muzzin got a late 1st and 2 B level prospects at best.

If Ceci is on a contenders bottom pairing for a push it’s a great addition for that team. Ceci plays 20+ mins a night for the Sens ... not saying he should, but if you knock that down to 14-15mins a night, he’s definitely worth a 2nd + prospect or project roster guy.

Dreger and Lebrun said Ottawa saw that return and have now put Ceci in play.

Oh and FYI - it’s a negotiation!!

Real simple people :
Ottawa ask for 1st, prospect and 3rd
Team X says no way Pierre the most I can do is a 2nd + prospect
Pierre says ok deal.

Blake originally probably asked for Kapanen or Johnsson and was shut down.

Anyways felt like I had to explain this to you guys.... and now I want my 10 mins of going through this thread back.

Cheers

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
maxresdefault.jpg

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If a team has invested more than a hundred bucks on knowledge about statistics, they should know that Ceci carries no value whatsoever.

I do not know what ****ing intangible offsets some of the worst impacts on possession and shot quality.

To be fair to him he is not as bad as the stats would make you believe. he is being deployed in a role he should have no business playing. He's a 3rd pairing D asked to play the toughest minutes imaginable.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
To be fair to him he is not as bad as the stats would make you believe. he is being deployed in a role he should have no business playing. He's a 3rd pairing D asked to play the toughest minutes imaginable.

Regardless his results are awful and it shows he shouldn't be playing that high.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Fine, you've twisted my arm...
Marincin is officially on the market....for a Muzzin-like return, of course.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Dreger's statement is silly but Ceci may surprise on a new team. He needs to grow his game and he'll never do that in Ottawa. I've said it before, but I'd like to see him in Vegas paired with Theodore. I think a player like that as a consistent partner could be good for him.

They'll never get a return like Muzzin obviously but I wouldn't be surprised to see an equivalent aged player or a pair of 2nds in exchange for him.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Wow... I’ve never gone through 5 pages of a post and seen so many people miss the point.

Muzzin got a late 1st and 2 B level prospects at best.

If Ceci is on a contenders bottom pairing for a push it’s a great addition for that team. Ceci plays 20+ mins a night for the Sens ... not saying he should, but if you knock that down to 14-15mins a night, he’s definitely worth a 2nd + prospect or project roster guy.

Dreger and Lebrun said Ottawa saw that return and have now put Ceci in play.

Oh and FYI - it’s a negotiation!!

Real simple people :
Ottawa ask for 1st, prospect and 3rd
Team X says no way Pierre the most I can do is a 2nd + prospect
Pierre says ok deal.

Blake originally probably asked for Kapanen or Johnsson and was shut down.

Anyways felt like I had to explain this to you guys.... and now I want my 10 mins of going through this thread back.

The only logical post in this thread.

Reactions: topshelf15

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No, he really, really isn't and anyone using measurements can see that. He is a complete drain on possession, brings down linemate numbers and can't defend worth a lick. He is absolutely mediocre and Dorion should be ecstatic if he gets even a second for him. He is a bottom pairing D at best, and a sheltered role is all he can hope for.

But hey, if any of him, Boro or Andy are gone at the deadline I will be doing cartwheels.

I’ve seen enough ‘measurements’ to know not to soley rely on ‘measurements’. Measurements told you Wiercioch, Wideman and Claeason were actually good, but were they?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I’ve seen enough ‘measurements’ to know not to soley rely on ‘measurements’. Measurements told you Wiercioch, Wideman and Claeason were actually good, but were they?

Yeah, people just view them in a vacuum without applying even the tiniest amount of critical thought. That's how you get advanced statistic God Zach Redmon, who looked good on paper because he played against junk competition, but every time you saw him play you saw a guy lost in space when the tiniest amount of pressure was applied. Some team will get Ceci, put him on their 3rd pair, he'll look decent and then everyone will be amazed how that can happen.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
The big difference between the two is Ceci is a RHD, which is an uncommon commodity in the league. Toronto is working on experimenting with Muzzin on the right hand side for just that reason.

Ceci fills a gap on most teams. Top 3 production numbers despite getting very limited offensive opportunities and good enough to defend well against other teams secondary players (miscast in Ottawa playing as a shutdown). Put in a position where he is not getting 70% D zone starts, cutting down the minutes to true second pair numbers, and curtailing his QOC competition numbers, and you likely have a very solid 2nd pairing RHD.

The big problem is he is likely the most overused D men in the league in defensive situations, and its hard to get a good read on exactly what he could be. Teams may be willing to take the gamble just due to the lack of RHD in the league.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Teams can overpay for defensive help at the deadline. We've all seen very average players get very good returns.

If Ceci was used in a role on most teams where there are at least 2-3 better defenseman, his deficiencies wouldn't be so glaring.

Truth be told, I'm not excited about the prospect of trading him for just a 2nd if that is his perceived value. Good luck with that pick becoming an nhl player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad