Senators welcome back perks for Season ticket holders announced

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
And man, do they suck.

A welcome back event this Wednesday. You get an autograph from one player (determined by a scratch card), your picture taken on the bench or with a zamboni, a voucher for 2 free concession items (hotdog, popcorn, pizza, or pop), and there are games to play. (This has been happening the last few years anyway)

Each account gets one pair of tickets to a game. (It makes up for those preseason games you didnt get to go to! This is also something that they have just done almost every year)

And uhhh...thats it. Glad I left all that money in their bank account!

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
Did they not pay interest back to you on the amount you left in as well?

Well yeah, thats the real world. They had thousands of dollars of my money with no services rendered. They wanted to keep it so they had to offer interest, and they had to offer enough to make it worth it. What does that have to do with a Lockout incentive?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Its what we always get though...so its really just nothing....

But my point was that Sens STH's get some pretty sweet promos that a lot of other fanbases don't get.

So it's like... complaining that your already-good promos (compared to STH's of other clubs) aren't ridiculously good. We could be like a lot of other teams: put out a sweet offer for one year, then in 2013-14 go to NO benefits.

We're already the cheapest ticket in Canada, and we have some of the best STH benefits in the country. Complaining that we don't have a great "sorry for the lockout" package is like complaining that somebody got a real nice cake once a year for their birthday when you yourself eat cake every day of the year.... or something like that.

There's an analogy to be made here somewhere, but I'm sleepy. You know what I'm talking about. :boredom: <---"sleepy smiley"

Last edited:

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Well yeah, thats the real world. They had thousands of dollars of my money with no services rendered. They wanted to keep it so they had to offer interest, and they had to offer enough to make it worth it. What does that have to do with a Lockout incentive?

The regular season was delayed by the LEAGUE for four months. During that time the team you cheer for and financially support paid interest in order to hang onto the money you could have taken back freely. Now the game has returned and people expect them to beat down their doors with jaw dropping incentives? Just does not make a lot of sense to me.

If a movie gets delayed by a studio for a few months am I going to expect free popcorn when I finally get to see it?

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
If you left money with the Sens on your season tickets, you'll get a bit of interest if I recall the email sent back in September.

As for perks, don't forget STHs also get the "reward" options or the VIP points program, which gives us additional perks on top of the ones they announce for each season.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
The regular season was delayed by the LEAGUE for four months. During that time the team you cheer for and financially support paid interest in order to hang onto the money you could have taken back freely. Now the game has returned and people expect them to beat down their doors with jaw dropping incentives? Just does not make a lot of sense to me.

If a movie gets delayed by a studio for a few months am I going to expect free popcorn when I finally get to see it?

Nice... popcorn is totally the same thing, do you have a crayon drawing to go along with your explanation?

I left my money with the team because I support the team, however they offered interest because they pretty much had too (As I explained above). Now that there is going to be a season they are offering promos to essentially non season ticket holders. All the OP was trying to say is what they have offered STH as a bonus is actually less than in previous years. Last year I got a free Jersey, and I meet 20 players and I got $100 concessions. This year me and my wife could be sitting in our seats that we paid (ahead of time) over $130 for and have someone beside us who paid $25 for because of the promos or have free tickets added on for kids under 14.

Anyways, I am not really bitter, I would have left my money with the team regardless, I just think the incentives were unimaginative.

On a side note and to other STH, I would call ahead. We called to say how many tickets we wanted put aside for the meet and greet and they did not have this event on our account. We asked why and they had no idea.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

When I asked for a refund I was told it wasnt possible. That I would only be refunded once enough games had been cancelled to cover the payments I had made.

The 1% interest they offered was great, but they pull the payments of a 19.99% CC, so it doesnt mean much.

Later in the lockout (late December) I called again, and was told that I could be refunded everything but 10%, which they would hold, and that if there was a season there would be a penalty for the refund.

When is the last time you gave a studio thousands of dollars for a movie before it came out?

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I had an idea that was too good to be true but anyway:

My family has had seasons tickets since 1999, which is going on 13 years now. I figured the Sens should be offering increased "perks" for long time ticket holders. My ideas was for them to do something out of the ordinary. Any fans that have been ticket holders for 10+ years would be treated to a train + road game in MTL for free (or something like that)

But i knew they would simply give a token jersey, tickets to a low demand Hurricanes game and an auto. I think after the last lockout they sent everyone a signed semi-pro jersey with the ticket package (we got Vermette)

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
When I asked for a refund I was told it wasnt possible. That I would only be refunded once enough games had been cancelled to cover the payments I had made.

The 1% interest they offered was great, but they pull the payments of a 19.99% CC, so it doesnt mean much.

Later in the lockout (late December) I called again, and was told that I could be refunded everything but 10%, which they would hold, and that if there was a season there would be a penalty for the refund.

When is the last time you gave a studio thousands of dollars for a movie before it came out?

Well going by the scale of my example it would be more like pre-paying for your 12$ movie ticket as opposed to giving them thousands of dollars pre-release.

Nice... popcorn is totally the same thing, do you have a crayon drawing to go along with your explanation?

My apologies that you did not enjoy my simplified comparison. I assume that anyone who wants a more in-depth one can use their own creative prowess to formulate their own internally.

I think my post's intentions were misdirected by responding to your post in particular. Mostly it just annoys me to see people demanding things like free center-ice packages, tickets, and jerseys because they couldn't watch hockey for a few extra months. It is understandable that a STH would want more than what they normally get if non-STH are getting benefits.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
But my point was that Sens STH's get some pretty sweet promos that a lot of other fanbases don't get.

So it's like... complaining that your already-good promos (compared to STH's of other clubs) aren't ridiculously good. We could be like a lot of other teams: put out a sweet offer for one year, then in 2013-14 go to NO benefits.

We're already the cheapest ticket in Canada, and we have some of the best STH benefits in the country. Complaining that we don't have a great "sorry for the lockout" package is like complaining that somebody got a real nice cake once a year for their birthday when you yourself eat cake every day of the year.... or something like that.

There's an analogy to be made here somewhere, but I'm sleepy. You know what I'm talking about. :boredom: <---"sleepy smiley"

Theres a reason we are the cheapest ticket in Canada, and why there are perks.

This team CANT sell season tickets. All the more reason to try to do some damage control to the people that have invested in you.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Well going by the scale of my example it would be more like pre-paying for your 12$ movie ticket as opposed to giving them thousands of dollars pre-release.

How so? One of the perks is literally a free bag of popcorn.

And yes, I feel entitled to something. If I am a day late on a payment the Sens call me and alert me that if I dont pay now, my next game will be cancelled.

If they are months late I receive nothing, other than the privilege of having thousands of dollars sitting in their bank account. I didnt even have an option to get my damn money back.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
How so? One of the perks is literally a free bag of popcorn.

And yes, I feel entitled to something. If I am a day late on a payment the Sens call me and alert me that if I dont pay now, my next game will be cancelled.

If they are months late I receive nothing, other than the privilege of having thousands of dollars sitting in their bank account. I didnt even have an option to get my damn money back.

You asked when was the last time I gave a movie studio thousands of dollars before the release of a film. My answer was that in relation to my example your pre-paying of season tickets is like buying your movie ticket in advance and then having to wait to see the film.

Did they not send a letter out right at the beginning of the lockout that gave you the options of full refund or leave it in to gain interest? Could be a disconnect between what is said publicly and what is actually said to the STH. Folks here are saying no refund options were offered and they only made 1% interest. Everything I can find says full refund or 5% interest.

Last edited:

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
No. The options were to be refunded once enough games had been cancelled that you no longer owed them money. Monthly accounts never reached that point, so they were able to keep 50% of the money. The 3 payment accounts would have likely had half their money refunded. Anyone ho paid in one lump sum up front would have been refunded at the end of each month for that months games. If you chose this option, 1% interest.

If you left the money, 5%.

Of course, everyone on monthly left the money either way.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
No. The options were to be refunded once enough games had been cancelled that you no longer owed them money. Monthly accounts never reached that point, so they were able to keep 50% of the money. The 3 payment accounts would have likely had half their money refunded. Anyone ho paid in one lump sum up front would have been refunded at the end of each month for that months games. If you chose this option, 1% interest.

If you left the money, 5%.

Of course, everyone on monthly left the money either way.

I can confirm this. I paid for 2 Season Tickets in full all the way back in March 2012 I believe. I could not get my money back all at once and instead could only get it back in monthly payments. Now, like I said, I intended on leaving the money there anyway since I plan on staying a STH for the foreseeable future.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Its also worth mentioning that at the time NO ONE thought this lockout would last more than a few weeks.

Then the league and players went and **** the bed repeatedly. So the decisions with regards to tickets were made in good faith, and then the NHL showed how much of a mickey mouse business it is.

esdoorn

Nov 14, 2006
70 40
I have a 10 game package and haven't had any word from the Sens on my account, game selections or any perks! Kinda pisses me off that tickets go on sale to general public tomorrow and having supported the team as a ticket holder for years I get no communication.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I have a 10 game package and haven't had any word from the Sens on my account, game selections or any perks! Kinda pisses me off that tickets go on sale to general public tomorrow and having supported the team as a ticket holder for years I get no communication.

Log-in to your account and you should be able to retrieve information on your tickets.

Also, the best seats are being set aside for season-ticket holders, whether you have a full- or half-season package, a 10-game pack, or a flex pack.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Season ticket holders already get a steep discount on game-day tickets, and they let me hang onto my seats for as long as I renew- that is the real value of a season ticket holder. These offers to save money if I spend MORE are not that appealling.

If you are only so-so on your particular seats, no real upside renewing aside from playoff seats (which is something). But if they miss the playoffs, DON'T renew, and you'll get a call a week with escalated offers to bring you back. We get parking in Lot 1 and get it free every year we keep our seats, having negotiated that a few years back after the Sens first missed playoff. The sales team were pretty desperate.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Season ticket holders already get a steep discount on game-day tickets, and they let me hang onto my seats for as long as I renew- that is the real value of a season ticket holder. These offers to save money if I spend MORE are not that appealling.

If you are only so-so on your particular seats, no real upside renewing aside from playoff seats (which is something). But if they miss the playoffs, DON'T renew, and you'll get a call a week with escalated offers to bring you back. We get parking in Lot 1 and get it free every year we keep our seats, having negotiated that a few years back after the Sens first missed playoff. The sales team were pretty desperate.

One of the biggest complaints STH have (and has been adressed in conference calls and past emails from the team) is that STH DONT get a steep discount. Pretty much every single game I could have my seats for the same price or less, usually with a concession or sub included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad