Pre-Game Talk: Senators vs. Penguins | Game 3 | PIT leads 2-0 | 7:30pm start

Milan the God*

Also, guys, watch what you post. Just read their pre-game thread and there's some fans over there that are pretty offended someone would think of calling their arena quiet.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I just assumed the audio level for the crowd was low.

Only time i heard any cheering was when crosby had the puck, who is the reason why everyone is there to begin with.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Also, guys, watch what you post. Just read their pre-game thread and there's some fans over there that are pretty offended someone would think of calling their arena quiet.

They're loud enough when it comes to defending the fact that their arena's quiet, but when it comes to actually changing that fact they're nowhere to be found.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have feeling we will win one at home. A least one. This team has just too much heart and been through too much this season not to.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I was at Game 2, it sounded like a regular season game for the most part, unless a goal was actually scored. During actual play it wasn't the least bit loud. Compared to the 07 playoff games vs. Ottawa at Mellon arena I went to, it didn't even hold a candle to how loud that arena was. So either the acoustics sucks, Pens fans are now complacent after being good for so long, or more hardcore fans have gotten priced out of the arena.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I was at Game 2, it sounded like a regular season game for the most part, unless a goal was actually scored. During actual play it wasn't the least bit loud. Compared to the 07 playoff games vs. Ottawa at Mellon arena I went to, it didn't even hold a candle to how loud that arena was. So either the acoustics sucks, Pens fans are now complacent after being good for so long, or more hardcore fans have gotten priced out of the arena.

$2 to win on complacent, unless it is lobbying for a penalty when a Pen is hit.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Seriously. The series is lacking intensity as it is. The dead quiet crowd makes it worse.

Glad we're coming home and get to listen to our crowd now. :)

The Pens have got a great team BUT their fans are lame! :shakeheadLet's show them how real loud a playoff game should be! The Sens need to use the jacked up 20,000+ crowd to their advantage! :yo:

Keys to Victory:

•Feed off the loud crowd, an early goal will pay dividends
•Go hard on the fore-check, make their "D" cough up the puck!
•Bang and crash boys!!!! Work the boards, cycle the puck down low
•Prance on rebounds, get traffic in front of their net, shoot form every angle
•Get the Power Play on track
•Stay out of the box!

AND pound these guys every time a White Jersey touches the puck. Make them feel pain! This is our House!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Let's Go Sens, Let's Go!!!! :nod:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm so impressed that Spezza is back! Was hoping he'd be back at the beginning of the playoffs, but to see him back at all this year is freaking amazing.

Go Sens go.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Even though we tend to get penalties for breathing on him, I support this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Not just Crybaby either. Our guys are getting penalties for basically anything they do to the Pens.

"What's that? You guys are within a goal? 2 minutes to Ottawa number 2, for not just letting ****tsburgh win."

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Hey atleast Pens fans in the arena don't boo every single time one of their player falls on the ice, unlike Montreal.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
$2 to win on complacent, unless it is lobbying for a penalty when a Pen is hit.

It happened with the Senators too. When your team makes the playoffs every year as a favorite the fan base tends not to get as excited until the conference finals.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
We have to win this. We cant lose again to the Penguins. I cant bare another loss. Especially with Alfie....ya know.

Spezzafan6

Jan 22, 2013
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 9m
Ottawa lines: Conacher-Spezza-Michalek. Silvferberg-Turris-Alfredsson. Z. Smith-Zibanejad-Neil. Greening-Pageau-Condra

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Ottawa lines: Conacher-Spezza-Michalek. Silvferberg-Turris-Alfredsson. Z. Smith-Zibanejad-Neil. Greening-Pageau-Condra

I like Cony with Spezza.

I think that's where they pictured him fitting in next season. He did so well with St. Louis and Stamkos - makes sense to let him scrum and shovel and do his thing with Spezza and 9MM. Very excited about that line for tonight, and even more excited thinking about those three together next season.

Also like that it keeps Greening-Pageau-Condra together. Easily our best line the first two games - scoring and shut down.

Milan the God*

Wow. Putting Smith on the wing really caught me off guard. Thought for sure Zibanejad would end up on the wing. I don't mind it, though.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Wow. Putting Smith on the wing really caught me off guard. Thought for sure Zibanejad would end up on the wing. I don't mind it, though.

I love Zibby, but his FO% of late has been pretty bad. And he scored his only goal of the playoffs on one of the shifts he played wing.

This one:
33kda55.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad