Pre-Game Talk: Senators vs. Penguins | Game 3 | PIT leads 2-0 | 7:30pm start

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wow. Putting Smith on the wing really caught me off guard. Thought for sure Zibanejad would end up on the wing. I don't mind it, though.

I think what might happen is Smith takes the draws then moves to the wing, similar to what Zetterberg does in Detroit (even though he's a natural winger and not centre, but concept applies). Zibanejad looks lost when he's put on the wing.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Smith is a good LWer. I can see him there a lot more next season, actually. What with Pageau stepping up and Zib playing better at C. Hell, with the way they've been tossing centers, not unlikely Smith would take more draws than Zib anyway.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I thought MacLean would put Smith with Turris and Alfredsson to give that line some jam and another defensively responsible player to match up against either Crosby's or Malkin's line. Smith with Spezza would also have made sense so that Spezza doesn't have to take every draw.

That said, I like Conacher with Spezza and Michalek. It gives that line a speedy, skilled player who isn't afraid to his nose dirty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad