Post-Game Talk: Senators vs Jets - Bell MTS Place - 7:00pm CT (preseason #6)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's listed on the GCL schedule for September 30.

All games played are in the GCL schedule. Not every game has a feed available. When you click on some games it just says "no feed available"

I suspect the Saturday game will not be available to me as I'll also be geoblocked on TSNGO. I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Remember how happy everyone was before game 1 of last season? A starting line up with no Stu and no Thorburn!

I'd put money on Hendricks starting in the pb and not the starting lineup. The only thing he has proved is that he's over the hill. Tanev on the other hand has had a strong camp imo. Is he a better player than Dano and Petan? I don't think it's even close. But I do think it's conceivable he is better at certain facets of the game. Specifically quickness and PKing. Jets staff have been talking about building a quick team ever since the playoffs. And two of the most talked about criticisms last season was our PK and goaltending. I haven't decided if I agree with it but I can at least understand some of the reasoning behind playing more defensive minded players. Jets top 6 is insane and produces almost as much as some teams top 9. Add Connor to that and you don't really need much more offensive. I think having a team full of "skill" guys looks good on paper but I don't think it's that easy. Team dynamics is a real thing... You need guys that sacrifice their bodies and get excited about playing defense. I think Dano is better than Tanev defensively but I'm pretty sure both him and Petan consider themselves offensive "skill" guys if you ask them. I unfortunately don't think thats what Maurice is looking for. I don't agree with it but I do understand some of the reasoning.

If it was up to me:

ESL
Connor - Little - Wheels
Frenchie - Petan - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Dano

But I think they start

LSW
PLE
Connor - Lowry - Armia
Matthias - Copp - Tanev

Petan sent down and Dano in pb

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I agree with this post, as I just don't think Lowry is anything but a scrub, banger defensive type guy who belongs on the 4-th line. If your going to have a guy like Connor, or Perrault on the 3-rd line, you need a playmaker that can set up their shots-"and that's Petan". Connor is a "sniper" and get hit the corners, but he needs someone that can place the puck on his stick at the right time.

Lowry scores a lot of his goals off rebounds or scrums in front of the net- he just doesn't have the smoothness, or playmaking ability, as a highly skilled guy like Petan does.

Reactions: Ippenator

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Any idea if it'll be on GameCenter?

EDIT: One thing I do like about this new layout is that you get a notification when someone quote's a post. Now I'll never miss someone **** talking me :laugh:

That was already an option on the old site. You just needed to turn on notifications. This format is more obvious. I wonder if I'll be able to figure out posting pictures on this site? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
All games played are in the GCL schedule. Not every game has a feed available. When you click on some games it just says "no feed available"

I suspect the Saturday game will not be available to me as I'll also be geoblocked on TSNGO. I hope I'm wrong though.

So hypothetically in MB we should be able to access this through TSNGO? I haven't used it before and I'm concerned come Saturday I'm going to be scrambling.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So hypothetically in MB we should be able to access this through TSNGO? I haven't used it before and I'm concerned come Saturday I'm going to be scrambling.

Yes...you probably should try and log in beforehand. You'll need your cable acct # IIRC

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yes...you probably should try and log in beforehand. You'll need your cable acct # IIRC

I tried it tonight and was able to see options for TSN 1 to 5 as well as 1 bonus program (Invictus Games Wheel Chair Sports). Hopefully it will be a clear option come Saturday. I essentially missed last Saturday's game as I was out of town at a sports tournament... I'd hate to miss the last game before $%&# gets real.
:jets

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I tried it tonight and was able to see options for TSN 1 to 5 as well as 1 bonus program (Invictus Games Wheel Chair Sports). Hopefully it will be a clear option come Saturday. I essentially missed last Saturday's game as I was out of town at a sports tournament... I'd hate to miss the last game before $%&# gets real.
:jets

The Jets game likely won't show up as an option until just before game time.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh and we have to watch the Jets home opener on Sportsnet , now that sucks .

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Do any of you know how to watch TSN Go on a smart tv? Is it possible to set it up? I really don't want to watch on my iPad if I can help it.

I've never tried using a smart TV to watch from TSN Go. Normally I just plug my computer into the HDMI port of my TV and use a browser on my computer to stream TSN Go. Could that be an option for you?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
You need some sort of "sync" method

I can live with the play by play being a little out of sync. Used to do this for Bomber broadcasts. Turned off the TSN idiots (Black, Suitor) and listened to the CJOB broadcast. Radio was always a bit ahead, so you knew while the ball was still in the air whether it was going to be caught or dropped or picked off. In a way, I liked being prepared for the disappointment to come. :laugh:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Do any of you know how to watch TSN Go on a smart tv? Is it possible to set it up? I really don't want to watch on my iPad if I can help it.

If you connect your computer/laptop by HDMI cable....no problem.

If you have apple TV you can watch if you stream the video to your TV using an iPad or iPhone.

boanst

May 25, 2013
If you connect your computer/laptop by HDMI cable....no problem.

If you have apple TV you can watch if you stream the video to your TV using an iPad or iPhone.

According to TSN' s site, TSNGO doesnt have Airplay or Chromecast support as of yet. This limits your "casting" abilites if that is still true.

Their site says that TSNGO is available on some Samsung Smart Tv hubs, so if you have a newer or higher end model samsung smart tv, you may be in luck with it all being on your tv.

Another option is to purchase an Android TV media box. If you are not familiar, it is similar to Apple TV, just Android. I can install TSNGO with my box using Google Play Store, hard to say if it will work with an older box. Im not sure if it is downloadable on an Apple TV box.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013

There was one preseason game last year that only aired on tsngo. I watched on my Samsung smart tv no problem

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Although not officially supported, is possible using Chromecast if using a CPU with the chrome browser. After you update the Chrome browser settings (link below has instructions on how) all you have to do is initially play the video in full screen on your computer and then select "Cast" from the "View" tab on the chrome browser. Chromecast will then play the video in its full quality. This is a relatively new improvement by Google and I have been able to cast virtually any internet video that is capable of fulllscreen mode in it's original quality on my TV.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...st-tab-casting-video-quality-improved-desktop

Now of course you will need a chromecast device to do this though. (And I'm not sure if this can be done with smart phone or tablet.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad