Value of: Senators UFAs

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

So has this.

Torontonian said:
Its going to go one of two ways, 1) The leafs beat there demons, kinda like Vancouver did when they beat Chicago in game 7. Or 2) They lose, fail to show up and are broken and thats it for the core, can't see them changing the supporting cast around them as they have done that the past 5 seasons.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What do you think these Ufa's could get in picks?
Tierney, Sanford, Ennis, Forsberg, Holden and Paul.

Paul - 2nd or 3rd: He'll be a solid pickup for any playoff team, especially since his cap hit will be negligible. A bidding war could push it to a 2nd.
Holden - 3rd or 4th: Good depth defenseman. Played in 34 playoff games for Vegas the last 2 years, so you know what you're getting.
Sanford - 4th or 5th: Has playoff experience, would be a good depth add who could chip in or be a black ace, depending on the situation.
Tierney - 4th or 5th: Same as above.
Forsberg - 6th or 7th: Backup goalie insurance.
Ennis - Waivers: Not much value.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
You can have Tierney for practically nothing. Maybe a 5th rounder

Sanford for 5th
Paul for 3rd (most valuable on this list)
Forsberg has been good probably 4th
Ennis 7th
Holden 5th (he might re-sign with Ottawa)
For a 7th I’d take Ennis back in Toronto

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What about Joshua Brown? What kind of cost do Sens fans see for him?

Hard to say with J. Brown. Return would probably be in the 5th-7th range but I could see us keeping him... if not beyond this season, then at least for the remainder of it. DJ trusts Brown and he likes having a big crease-clearer in the lineup.

One guy who hasn't been mentioned is Mete. I suspect we will trade him if anyone wants him. I suspect we would take an AHLer for him, maybe an AHLer and a late pick if we're lucky.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We should revisit contract negotiations with our core players and overpay them to the tune of 11 plus million.

You can shit on the contract Dubas gave out to the elite players, but they aren't in the basement every year trying to sell off.

I miss the old Battle's of Ontario's, made hockey so much fun, It's a shame Dorion didn't stock pile draft picks and prospects for year or two longer, Ottawa has a strong core, just need a better supporting cast and goaltending obv.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You can shit on the contract Dubas gave out to the elite players, but they aren't in the basement every year trying to sell off.

I miss the old Battle's of Ontario's, made hockey so much fun, It's a shame Dorion didn't stock pile draft picks and prospects for year or two longer, Ottawa has a strong core, just need a better supporting cast and goaltending obv.
You'll get the battle of Ontario very soon imo.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Holden is underated, he's a really solid D, should be a 3rd at least for him imo

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Tierny is endlessly frustrating. He's generally pretty soft and has brain farts. But once in a while he looks like a legit top 6 forward.

He wasn't bad in the couple of years after the Karlsson trade, but he's totally checked out and looks nothing like the 40ish point forward he was a couple of seasons ago. A new team might revitalize him though, who knows.

That was him pretty much on the Sharks as well. Pretty much what he has been since too sounds like.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

You realize Ottawa has 6 picks in the top 100 this year, right? 5 of those likely in the top 75, and probably more to come.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
You realize Ottawa has 6 picks in the top 100 this year, right? 5 of those likely in the top 75, and probably more to come.

It's a good start, instead of drafting all of them, if I am Ottawa I would take advantage of teams that have salary cap problems and trade for established players, like Colordao did with Towes and the Islanders.

They have their core in place with Thckuck, Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, White, Chabot. Now it's time to insulate them with good players instead of with Tiernys/Sanfords/Watsons/Ennis

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It's a good start, instead of drafting all of them, if I am Ottawa I would take advantage of teams that have salary cap problems and trade for established players, like Colordao did with Towes and the Islanders.

They have their core in place with Thckuck, Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, White, Chabot. Now it's time to insulate them with good players instead of with Tiernys/Sanfords/Watsons/Ennis

Watson's a very solid 4th liner. Leafs could use someone like him. Sanford has been fine. Plays up and down the lineup.

We'll insulate those guys with Zub, Formenton, Sanderson, Thomson, JBD, etc. We've got just about all we need within our system.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Don't forget Josh Brown.

Tierney - 5th
Sanford - 4th
Ennis - 5th
Forsberg - doubt he moves since Murray can't stay healthy for more than a week
Holden - re-signs 2 x 1.7M (same deal he's on now)
Paul - re-signs 3 x 2.5M
Brown - fired into sun probably a 6th because teams need toughness and depth in the playoffs

Tierney is my biggest question mark... does he get a mid pick or does he go on waivers. So hard to tell with this dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad