Senators to be Sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This isn't a good source at all, but with the Sens in the tank recently, a rumor about him selling the team has come up.

Would be interesting to do if it's announced in 2018 like the article (quote on quote) says it is.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Who's Maguire? Does he mean Pierre McGuire?

If the source isn't even spelled correctly I can't imagine the info is very trustworthy.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I can only hope so. I don't think it's true though

Liam Maguire is no doubt pretty connected within the city. It would also explain:
  • The rumours from a month or so ago about the Sens being for sale - where there's smoke, there's fire
  • Alfie leaving the team - possibly had to step away to be involved in the new ownership group (or just couldn't stand to be around Melnyk without Bryan Murray keeping him sane)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
a reddit post linking to this article is your source?

okp66FD.gif

Reactions: NyQuil

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
Wow, if true that would be amazing news for Senators fans. Melnyk is a blight on that franchise and the NHL, he needs to go if things are ever going to improve. Even as a Leafs fan I take no satisfaction at what he has done to that team.

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the current downward spiral has a lot to do with the teams disatisfaction with Melnyk. I've been seeing a lot of rumours about various players not liking the guy and his various 'eccentricities'. Of course those are still only rumours, but there is a whole lot of smoke on that end. I would say Karlsson is gone unless Melnyk sells.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm eating a really good burrito, so I can confirm this story.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Close the thread guys, my bad

Jeff Hunt responds to rumours of Senators ownership change

Initially, Hunt laughed off the queries.
“There’s nothing to it, ” he said when reached by Postmedia.
Hunt added that he does not have the “financial resources” to operate an NHL club.
OSEG, however, does.
“We already have a hockey team,” said Hunt, referring to the Ontario Hockey League’s Ottawa 67’s.
OSEG’s sports empire also consists of the CFL’s Ottawa Redblacks and the United Soccer League’s Ottawa Fury.
Despite numerous rumblings to the contrary, Melnyk has maintained he is not selling the Senators.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-13_17-33-27.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-13_17-33-27.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well has to be more than Jeff Hunt obviously, cause he doesn’t have the kind of money Melnyk has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad