Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It's time to move on from Game 5...

Do or die time for this team. Win a game at home and go back to Ottawa for Game 7.

The coach isn't going to change. He's proven that he learns nothing. We just have to hope we have a good offensive showing and a solid defensive/goaltending performance.

The hardest win to get is the 4th. Ottawa has life, but will be feeling immense pressure to close it out at MSG.

Make it hard for them, and with a win you put all the pressure on them for Game 7.

Let's ****ing go.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Agreed Nev...time to move on from the Game 5 abomination.

Hopefully as I said earlier, we took some notes as to how the Oilers tonight handled their season being on the brink being down 3-2 after that devastating defeat in Game 5 when Ducks came back from 3-0 deficit with just 3 minutes left and than winning it in 2nd OT.

Oilers kicked some major ass and showed us that we very easily can get over what happened yesterday and kick some major ass as well come Tuesday.

I expect we will as all of a sudden we now are making MSG the house of horrors it used to be for the opposition as I believe we've now won 4 in a row? We looked great in Games 3 and 4 and I expect we will as well in Game 6 and send this back to Ottawa all tied at 3 games each.

Would be nice if our MIA players such as Kreider,Stepan,Hayes and Miller showed up and made some meaningful contributions. But even if they don't, we've shown we can win withought them. We need Hank to back to being Hank, get the first goal again and take it from there. I'd be shocked if we didn't not only win but win convincingly.

It's the Ranger way to make things as difficult as possible on ourselves and this playoff series is no different. So let's take care of business on Tuesday as I expect we will and than we can do what needs to be done Game 7.....LGR....:nod:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Go Sports!

tumblr_nlh7cgMSNf1upxmk6o1_1280.png

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hoping for game 6 EDM vs Anaheim.

Likely going to get game 6 Anaheim instead.

I think you'll end up being wrong.

Rangers seem to play their best hockey when their backs are against the wall not just this year but other playoff years as well for the most part.

Well Rangers backs are against the wall obviously as their season is on the line. I'd expect them to play desperate and smart hockey as they did Games 3 and 4 when things were desperate as well. I think we'll be fine come Tuesday...I really do.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Let`s be honest here we will never get past Caps or Pens - is there any other options? :)

edit; actually not too sure about Caps, lol. :laugh:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Let`s be honest here we will never get past Caps or Pens - is there any other options? :)

edit; actually not too sure about Caps, lol. :laugh:

I tell ya Ori, if we win Games 6 and 7 and get to the ECF most likely vs Pens, I think we'd have a punchers chance to get past them. Seeing Crosby is back, chances would be likely less than 25% but wouldn't you at least like to get to the ECF and have a chance?

Considering the expectations before the season that we would be lucky to make the playoffs, for us to even have won a round is better than most "experts" thought we'd do let alone if we made it the ECF.

But yeah your probably right we wouldn't get past the Pens and I can't even contemplate the Caps seeing I can't see them completing a 3-1 comeback vs them even tho they won Game 5.

First things first tho my friend, let's win Game 6 vs Sens....:nod:

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I need a new t-shirt from ECF - my last one is from 2014, @Maximus. Let`s win tomorrow and get to G7 and show Ottawa how to play hockey! :)

Players who need to show the way tomorrow on tuesday.

• Zib, Zucc, Nash, Henrik, Ryan Mc., Stepan, Kreider, & Miller! :)

Let`s go!! :nod:

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
pretty certain we'll win this series, but the fact that it will take 7 (if we even do win) is what pisses me off. series should be over. thanks av.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Can we stop assuming that we win over this team every chance we get. We're down 2-3 in the series.

Not once in the history of this franchise have we won anything when the attitude has been "This is a trash team, we will win easily".

Brassard clutched us out of a win. He might very well do so again

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It's time to move on from Game 5...

As any Ranger would tell you in a Postgame Presser. We have no choice. There is nothing to do other than put it behind you and move on.

We could have (should have?) won every game in this series. My fear is that there will come a game that we shouldn't win...a game where parity rears its ugly head to show us that Ottawa is capable of a dominating performance, as well...a performance that puts things out of reach for us early. That scares the crap out of me. It's the law of averages. Ottawa is due.

The Rangers need to realize this and bring the Playoff effort of efforts tomorrow. This includes Hank. Hank has to be good.

And if we're clinging to a lead near the end of the game, AV needs to play his hand differently.

LGR!

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Can we stop assuming that we win over this team every chance we get. We're down 2-3 in the series.

Not once in the history of this franchise have we won anything when the attitude has been "This is a trash team, we will win easily".

Brassard clutched us out of a win. He might very well do so again

Not once in the history of this team has the attitude or cockiness of the fans had any bearing on the results. It really doesn't matter whether we assume the team will win or not, and as no-one on here can speak for how the playing group feels it seems silly to assume that their attitude is "we'll win easily."

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Not once in the history of this team has the attitude or cockiness of the fans had any bearing on the results. It really doesn't matter whether we assume the team will win or not, and as no-one on here can speak for how the playing group feels it seems silly to assume that their attitude is "we'll win easily."

There is the distinct lack of respect for our opponent that I have a grief with. Calling your opponent bad when you're down 3-2 in a series is a bit telling about our own team.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
There is the distinct lack of respect for our opponent that I have a grief with. Calling your opponent bad when you're down 3-2 in a series is a bit telling about our own team.

It is. It's also true though.

The Senators are, in my opinion, the worst team the Rangers have played in the playoffs since the Devils 10 years ago.

Even if they win, this was a golden opportunity wasted. You need a short round or two on your way to a Cup.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ottawa is the worst team I`ve seen in many years - not that Boston was any better, they are not. If we are out tomorrow, AV should be gone within hours and we should regroup with a new coach in October next training camp.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I still think we win this series. It all starts tomorrow night. Need another patented desperation game from the Rangers to keep their season alive.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Well they brought this upon themselves... now it's win 2 in a row or get the golf clubs out.

Was thinking last night that they have played ten games so far and in 3 of them they have given up a late goal and lost in OT....

That's really sad.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Didn't AV also say he thinks maybe the team didn't know Ott pulled their goalie? Combine this with his comments after game 2 that he forgot about Smith on the bench for the 3rd and OT. This guy is either a.) trolling us or b.) knows it's impossible for him to be fired or c.) asking to be fired.

I'm quoting someone here from post game thread, sorry forgot name.

Maybe he's too stupid for any of those answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad