Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
A great number of people on here also said that Ryan was going to be a consistent 60 pt player or better & I'm still waiting on that to happen & he is considered the better goal scorer. Zibanejad is another guy who was suppose to be a big pt producer & we are still waiting on him to get into the 50s. I think Lazar is still a few yrs away from being anywhere near a 50 or 60 pt season & I also think it depends which position he plays & who his line mates will be.

Season|Team|GP|Goals|Assists|Points|PPG
07/08|ANA|23|5|5|10|0.435
08/09|ANA|64|31|26|57|0.891
09/10|ANA|81|35|29|64|0.790
10/11|ANA|82|34|37|71|0.866
11/12|ANA|82|31|26|57|0.695
12/13|ANA|46|11|19|30|0.652
13/14|OTT|70|23|25|48|0.686
14/15|OTT|78|18|36|54|0.692

More or less, Bobby Ryan is what he is. I think he's more likely to continue being that >0.700 PPG player than go back to scoring closer to PPG. He might be a consistent 60 point player but he's been pretty damn close.

As for Mika, he's 22. I'll reserve judgement until we see more from him. He's taken some pretty notable steps forward and he looked really good this past season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Season|Team|GP|Goals|Assists|Points|PPG
07/08|ANA|23|5|5|10|0.435
08/09|ANA|64|31|26|57|0.891
09/10|ANA|81|35|29|64|0.790
10/11|ANA|82|34|37|71|0.866
11/12|ANA|82|31|26|57|0.695
12/13|ANA|46|11|19|30|0.652
13/14|OTT|70|23|25|48|0.686
14/15|OTT|78|18|36|54|0.692

More or less, Bobby Ryan is what he is. I think he's more likely to continue being that >0.700 PPG player than go back to scoring closer to PPG. He might be a consistent 60 point player but he's been pretty damn close.

As for Mika, he's 22. I'll reserve judgement until we see more from him. He's taken some pretty notable steps forward and he looked really good this past season.

I'm just saying that 60 pts in a season is a pretty lofty expectation & a lot of things have to go right including staying healthy in order for a player to achieve that. People throw 60 pts around like it's easy to do & any good player can achieve it but it's quite difficult in today's NHL & it seems it's mostly the elite players who get a lot of ice time who are able to achieve it annually. While I think Ottawa has a few players that have that potential only Karlsson seems able to achieve that amount & he plays almost half the game every night.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Expecting 60 points from Lazar is unfair. I really don't think he'll ever hit 60. However if he does, he's basically be a Toews 2.0.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Expecting 60 points from Lazar is unfair. I really don't think he'll ever hit 60. However if he does, he's basically be a Toews 2.0.

Agreed. That's too high. Maybe he can reach it we'll get better idea next year.

If Lazar hits 60 points we literally hit the biggest home-run.

I think he'll be 40-50 point player who is still excellent considering all the other dynamics of his game.

We'll get a better idea of Lazar's offensive ability next year, he has the shot to score 25-30 but lets see if he can play defense and use that shot at the same time.

Didn't Lazar start scoring most his points at the end of the season?

Yea, 3 goals 3 assists 6 points in last 12 games played.

9 points and 3 goals in the other 52 games.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
A great number of people on here also said that Ryan was going to be a consistent 60 pt player or better & I'm still waiting on that to happen & he is considered the better goal scorer. Zibanejad is another guy who was suppose to be a big pt producer & we are still waiting on him to get into the 50s. I think Lazar is still a few yrs away from being anywhere near a 50 or 60 pt season & I also think it depends which position he plays & who his line mates will be.

Zibanejad.....is very on track point wise. Almost 50 at 21 years old

Ryan had higher expectations but its clear hes not the same player he was in Anaheim. If we go back and look at the Ryan threads Ryan was suppose to put up those numbers with this line

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan or at the time most people thought ryan would play left Ryan-Spezza-Michalek (imo we would of been better if Ryan was a LW and MM a RW)

As you can imagine at that time Spezza had not played consistently since his top ten scoring season and michalek had only played a bit since his 35 goal season. That line only happened for like week before MAclean tore it down. Ryan was never suppose to be the best player on his line. Spezza was

Lazar is a guy who i think will have inconsistent offensive seasons. You put him on the wing with a very good play making center who is better then him and he'll rake though.

Guy can finish around the net in close and he can score using just his shot. He does not have the mentality to be a creator but he can finish and find open ice well doing the heavy lifting physically.

I think its silly people say Lazar doesnt have skill. Lazar was the second pick over all in the WHL. You dont get picked second if you dont have talent. His problem is hes been coached into being safe and he embraces being safe. If Lazar can have that worked out of him he might reach new levels people have not seen

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Paul is like Benn-lite. Lanky, great puckhanding for big guy, excellent stick, great shot, very responsible defensively, can dominate on the wall and strong leadership.

Parise-lite is perfect example for Lazar.

Lindberg is nothing like Hoffman, imo. He's like a Nino Niederreiter.

Prince is like Pageau and Hoffman a bit yea.

Dzingel is like Drury-lite

Lol Lazar is no parise lite. He's a rich man's Erik condra.

Lindberg can be a solid 3rd liner. I like the Carl hagelin comparison I've made many times.

I see Lazar as a 30 point player. When Lazar is compared to parise it gives off a vibe that Lazar is an offensive minded player. I don't see Lazar ever matching 50% of parise's point total.

I project Lazar to be a vital defensive 3rd line player who puts up the occasional point. I think that condra comparison brings out the kind of player that I think he will be.

IMO Lazar is more like Mike Fisher than Parise. Not exactly like him but more like him. It took Fisher a few years to get going. But he could always skate, hit, shoot and played responsibly defensively. IF Lazar can reach what Mike Fisher brings I would be happy.

Parise really does not come to my mind when I watch him play. Parise ( 20 y/o) played a year in the A ... which I think would be good for Lazar's development too. His first NHL season (2005/2006) at 21 he scored 14 G and 18 A, the next year he had 31 G 31 A. He cracked 90 in 2008/2009. Parise is a more nifty player and was at Lazar's age as well.

In 1999/2000 Fisher made the team at 19 scoring 4G and 5A in 32 Games. Season ending Injury. 2004/2005 (lockout) In 2005/2006 He had his first 40+ pt season. Since then he cracked 50 twice.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Lazar is more like Mike Fisher than Parise. Not exactly like him but more like him. It took Fisher a few years to get going. But he could always skate, hit, shoot and played responsibly defensively. IF Lazar can reach what Mike Fisher brings I would be happy.

Parise really does not come to my mind when I watch him play. Parise ( 20 y/o) played a year in the A ... which I think would be good for Lazar's development too. His first NHL season (2005/2006) at 21 he scored 14 G and 18 A, the next year he had 31 G 31 A. He cracked 90 in 2008/2009. Parise is a more nifty player and was at Lazar's age as well.

In 1999/2000 Fisher made the team at 19 scoring 4G and 5A in 32 Games. Season ending Injury. 2004/2005 (lockout) In 2005/2006 He had his first 40+ pt season. Since then he cracked 50 twice.

Not a bad comparison but not as big & not as tough as Fisher who also happened to be a pretty good fighter. I liked Fisher a lot but there were a number of people on here who couldn't wait to ship him out of town similar to what we are seeing with Neil now. I think Lazar will be a good NHL player but I think his high could be 50 at the most in his best season, we'll see.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Not a bad comparison but not as big & not as tough as Fisher who also happened to be a pretty good fighter. I liked Fisher a lot but there were a number of people on here who couldn't wait to ship him out of town similar to what we are seeing with Neil now. I think Lazar will be a good NHL player but I think his high could be 50 at the most in his best season, we'll see.

I wasnt around here when Fisher and Vermette were shipped out but the fisher trade pissed me off. I had him penciled in as captain after Alfredsson gone. lol I wasnt aware of the circumstance revolcing around his wife though. Kelly i didnt care about but Eaves, Vermette, Fisher, Corvo....didnt like moving them

I think theres a distinction that must be made between Lazar the winger and Lazar the center. I see lazar being able to hit much higher totals on the wing if hes with the right center. An extreme example would be Crosby and Kunitz

If he stays at center i dont see him having the ability to hit 60 points

Looking at Kunitz's career i was surprised he spent like 10 games in the atlanta organization before returning to the ducks

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I agree Fisher is a litte meaner and can drop em. But I always said when Fisher was with the Sens , give me a team of Mike Fishers and we'd win. We may not score a lot but no one would like playing us. His contract got a little high at the end I guess but as far as style of play, heart, jam. I love it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I wasnt around here when Fisher and Vermette were shipped out but the fisher trade pissed me off. I had him penciled in as captain after Alfredsson gone. lol I wasnt aware of the circumstance revolcing around his wife though. Kelly i didnt care about but Eaves, Vermette, Fisher, Corvo....didnt like moving them

I think theres a distinction that must be made between Lazar the winger and Lazar the center. I see lazar being able to hit much higher totals on the wing if hes with the right center. An extreme example would be Crosby and Kunitz

If he stays at center i dont see him having the ability to hit 60 points

Looking at Kunitz's career i was surprised he spent like 10 games in the atlanta organization before returning to the ducks

Corvo wanted out as well.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
20 goals and 40-50 pt player is realistic for lazar and is top 6 production

it will take a few years though like Zibby

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Corvo wanted out as well.

I know Corvo wanted out i just wouldnt of let him leave. From what i understand his major gripe was with the media calling uh oh joe.
According to Fisher he would of stayed in Ottawa and him and Carry would of made it work. Its not like he asked out. We traded him because we were blowing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad