GDT: Senators @ Leafs 7 PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
hnic-toronto-ottawa-desktop.jpg

Ottawa Senators at Toronto Maple Leafs: Saturday NHL preview
Mike Hoffman vs. Auston Matthews key matchup in Battle of Ontario

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...toronto-maple-leafs-saturday-nhl-preview.html

By Star Staff
Fri., Jan. 20, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

FACEOFF: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

RADIO: TSN 1050

KEY MATCHUP

Hoffman vs. Matthews

Senators forward Mike Hoffman, who had been a reliable offensive force for most of his career, has recently been switched to a checking-line role. In recent weeks, he’s had success against Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid. Against the Leafs, he’ll most likely get pitted against Toronto’s super rookie Auston Matthews.

NEED TO KNOW

The Leafs are coming off one of their most lacklustre games of the season, and they’ll looking to get back on track in the Battle of Ontario. . . . The Senators, meanwhile, are coming off a 2-0 road victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets.

UP NEXT

Monday vs. Calgary, 7:30 p.m.

Game Day: Senators at Maple Leafs
By Terry Koshan, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/01/21/game-day-senators-at-maple-leafs

OTTAWA SENATORS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Saturday, 7 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: CBC: Radio: 1050 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Dion Phaneuf vs. Auston Matthews

If you’re Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock, you would rather have Matthews on the ice against Phaneuf than annual Norris Trophy contender Erik Karlsson. Matthews and linemates Zach Hyman and Connor Brown, with their dogged determination on the forecheck, could be more effective against Phaneuf and partner Cody Ceci. And wouldn’t Leafs fans like to see Matthews burn Phaneuf?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Senators look for revenge against Maple Leafs
Bruce Garrioch

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hoc...senators-look-for-revenge-against-maple-leafs

TORONTO — Back to the Battle of Ontario.

A week after the Senators dropped a 4-2 decision to the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Canadian Tire Centre, the two teams will renew their hostilities at the Air Canada Centre Saturday night as Ottawa tries to complete a perfect 3-0 road trip.

This time, the Senators arrive with confidence after a 2-0 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night at the Nationwide Arena and Tuesday’s 6-4 win against the St. Louis Blues.

If the Senators can get a victory, they’ll be four points ahead of the Leafs for the second spot in the Atlantic Division.

“It’s huge,†said centre Kyle Turris, who scored his 16th of the season vs. the Jackets. “The toughest one is going to be the last one. Toronto is a really good team and really fast. We’ve just got to play similar to the way we did (against Columbus).â€

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
hnic-toronto-ottawa-desktop.jpg

Budsfan: Andersen has been Leafs' secret savior. Now it's time for them to repay him.

..Thanks for the GDT & updates Buds fan...
Glad you picked up on the Leafs vs Sens pic to use here.. :)

I think that Andersen has been great.., but he wasn't that great the last game.. and since we now have a qualified back-up who won his first game against the Sens.., on a back-to-back..., I think he should be able to do even better, rested.. :nod: I trust in Babs, though..

Stand Witness (The Boys Are Back): Toronto Maple Leafs 2016-17 2nd-Half, Season Pump-Up (HD)

Goal Ride: Frederik Andersen 2016-17 1st-Half Season Highlights - TML (HD)

GO LEAFS GO!!

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Credit has to go to the Senators for keeping in the playoff race while being without their #1 goaltender for the last 7 weeks. Remember what happened to Montreal last year when Price got hurt!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
that there is what we call a garbage stat.

Anderson is the reason why the Leafs are in a playoff position. He has solidified their goaltending and given the team confidence to play a more wide open game, which plays to their strength.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

Yeha, 30+ saves and a win by 2 or more goals somehow = a stolen game... umm what? Did he just make that up when he was writing the article, or?

Anyway, big game, give em hell, GO LEAFS GO!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Anderson is the reason why the Leafs are in a playoff position. He has solidified their goaltending and given the team confidence to play a more wide open game, which plays to their strength.

Andersen has been a nice solid average starting goalie.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Let's go boys. I hope they win because right now the raptors are having a massive slump and I started getting the vibes from the terrible years again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeha, 30+ saves and a win by 2 or more goals somehow = a stolen game... umm what? Did he just make that up when he was writing the article, or?

Anyway, big game, give em hell, GO LEAFS GO!

It's 2 goals or fewer.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Andersen has been a nice solid average starting goalie.

Hmmm, I know you probably have a handful of stats to back that up, but I think he has been better than average. Of course, every game counts, and you are probably holding on to his lousy start.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So ****ing pumped. Got my rum ready to go, I love playing the sens. One of the few rivals I feel the Leafs team has. Fans have rivals, but the players don't really care about bad blood from the last 40 years before they were a Leaf, some before they were born.

On top of this, it's for a playoff spot so I expect a playoff intensity tonight. Can't wait to watch who steps up after last game. No way Babcock accepts another poor effort from them tonight.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hmmm, I know you probably have a handful of stats to back that up, but I think he has been better than average. Of course, every game counts, and you are probably holding on to his lousy start.

He does don't bother. Andersens ceiling to zeke is average starter so I guess it's kind of a compliment. Any stat showing Andersen has been better than average automatically becomes a useless stat

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

I agree and thought it was a bit cheesy when I saw it too but Andersen has been terrific and has been a big factor in our pursuit of a playoff position.

From that article....

He’d faced more shots than all but one NHL goaltender this season. He owned a .928 save percentage over his past 30 appearances.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
If leafs/sens keep playing well we could get our first leafs/sens playoff series in 13 years, the rivalry is getting heated again

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Not sure what this means unless we will be wearing Camo uniforms for tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad