Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Jackets Oct. 14th

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Sloppy first half, great 2nd half IMO.

Great game from ;
EK, Mika, Bobby, Michalek, Pageau, Stone, Hoff, Turris

I thought we've seen the best and the worst from Andy again tonight but still settled in nicely. 2nd pair was oufffffff. Overall, not the best win, but a win is still nice!

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I was kind of worried in the first half of the game, especially when Columbus took the 3-2 lead. The Sens looked pretty sloppy up until then, but pulled it out.

Great to see another road win, and going 3-1 to start the season is great. I would like to see the team play a more complete game before they start to take on some of the better teams though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Came in to watch the second half. I just saw pure domination and hartnell fall down. HTS couldnt be stopped and i love watching the high skill plays they make. Its been awhile since we had such a dynamic line where all the players have chemistry.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Shout out to Michalek who had a great game imo.

Michalek has had a great start to the season, doing everything right. I know many here dislike him but I will always be ok with him on this team!

I also agree with your Wideman point, the problem is I don't want to move Cowen with Ceci yet and I don't think Boro's able to. Don't get me started on Weircioch.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Came in to watch the second half. I just saw pure domination and hartnell fall down. HTS couldnt be stopped and i love watching the high skill plays they make. Its been awhile since we had such a dynamic line where all the players have chemistry.

Columbus kind lost its will in the second, but they were the better team by a fair margin late in the first and early second imo. Anderson saved our skins.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Whatever Cowen did in the offseason seems to have worked.

I was cautious at first, but he's been really good so far.

Then again, this time last year Phillips was playing big minutes for us while Methot was out and was looking good to start...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Michalek has had a great start to the season, doing everything right. I know many here dislike him but I will always be ok with him on this team!

I also agree with your Wideman point, the problem is I don't want to move Cowen with Ceci yet and I don't think Boro's able to. Don't get me started on Weircioch.

He had a better game. Ceci struggled more than him in this one imo. But yeah, Wier's had a rough start.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whatever Cowen did in the offseason seems to have worked.

I was cautious at first, but he's been really good so far.

Then again, this time last year Phillips was playing big minutes for us while Methot was out and was looking good to start...

Surgery?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Cowen with 2nd most ice-time on the team behind Karl

I don't know about other people but I like his game. He was a bully out there tonight and he did that in game 1 as well. Loved that sequence when he had a bad giveaway then proceeded to chase the guy down and sit him down in a timely fashion.

It's the power of the flow.

Really hope MacArthur isn't concussed again. That would be devastating. Big opportunity for Prince either way. Get well soon, bro.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
Pageau's line had a good night tonight. Hope this plus Zs line waking up will help relieve the attention the HST line was getting.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Great to get a game like this at the start of the year. Everybody was clicking. The first line was awesome as usual, Stone is one the best wingers in the league. The second line looked really good tonight, both Zibby and Ryan had great games and I'm really happy for them. The third line actually looks really solid this season so far, Pageau and Michalek have had great starts to the season. The fourth line was solid tonight as well. Erik was a beast and Cowen was really solid tonight again. Really happy with this win.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
First period, everyone was blah.

Rest of the game, the guys all clicked.

Nice to see a comeback and the guys working together a bit more. Would've been easy to pack it in after the first where it felt like every shot was going in against.

Hopefully the guys build on that momentum tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad