GDT: Senators @ Flames | March 5th, 9:30PM, Sportsnet East | Ales Hemsky debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Everyone should be mad as hell after this game but I guarantee you MacLean and his leadership group will take it in stride and say all the right things.

Terrible.

"We ran into a Polar Vortex, I thought we had good momentum and the trip to Calgary was hard, we had about 87,612,984 shot attempts but they outworked us. I'm not sure what to say I'm just a poor sap from Antigonish." :laugh::laugh::cry:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sign Wiercioch to 3 year contract extension for unproven NHL play - Check!
Sign Cowen to a multi-year contract for unproven NHL play - Check!
Sign Phillips to a multi-year contract extension for declining play year after year and being medicore this year again - Check!

BMurray needs to go folks

You forgot Greening.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Sign Phillips to a multi-year contract extension for playing declining year after year and being medicore this year again - Check!

You weren't saying that when this team (-Alfie + Ryan) made the 2nd round last year. Murray's the problem? You sure about that?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Hockey is weird.

Guys if you don't make the playoffs your punishment is you get a long summer holiday.

Question: Do we lose any money?
Answer: No you get your full pay.
Sens Players: Great...err... we mean too bad....sulk

Question: What if we make the playoffs but don't have a hope of winning the cup? Do we get extra pay.
Answer: Then you get a few peanuts but the owner makes the big money.
Sens Players: Oh we see.... hmmmm.... Sens players weighing the options.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
I honestly want somebody to hit me in the head with a baseball bat so i can just forget about this season entirely.

Then you may not wake up in time for next season to see us hire Laviolette, get rid of Greening, Smith and Gryba and bring up Lazar, Hoffman or Stone, possibly Classen, a full season of Hemsky, possibly Stewart, and our shut down d-men we sign in the summer, you'd miss Lehner becoming starter, and Ryan leading the league in goals. You'd miss us contending for the division next season.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Wow just a truly frustrating night. This team looked good in the second half of the first and that was it. They are playing for their playoff lives and this is the performance they give. After seeing how they have shown up in some "must win" games it's pretty clear this team is who they are.

I don't understand them quitting on PM after two straight years of leading them to the playoffs when they weren't expected to. And I really doubt they made it in spite of him. I can't argue with everyone about line shuffling and ice time because it is incredibly bad.

It is frustrating to see the Sens be so loyal to Phillips and Neil but they screwed up the one most loyal Senator of all, Alfie. If the Sens are pinching pennies get rid of Chris Neil and his salary, I would say let go of Phillips but we just handed him a new contract. I'm all for loyalty but when it is costing the team games it drives me up the wall.

I would love to see some hard choice trades in the off season. They are too many coasters on this team and not enough guys who will do whatever it takes to win. I would love to get an Andrew Ladd type player. So we can stop sending out the Greenings of the team out when we need a quality shift.

End of rant for now

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
You weren't saying that when this team (-Alfie + Ryan) made the 2nd round last year. Murray's the problem? You sure about that?

Actually, I was...thought Cowen was a bust even after his first season and have been very vocal on Phillips resigning and Wierdcock resigning when it happened...

Major Might

Oct 18, 2013
Sign Phillips to a multi-year contract extension for declining play year after year and being medicore this year again - Check!

Not before he trades Lehner to Tampa Bay for Tyler Johnson, only to waive him midway through the 2014-2015 season :laugh:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot

The Phillips signing did it for me. I just can't cheer for this team anymore. Thankfully I'm a hockey fan more than a Sens fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad