GDT: Senators @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Spidey's fully recovered and pushing the Devils to wins!

1jreqo.jpg

Hopefully everyone scored on Valentine's Day, just like JJ with an assist!

gTVJvFu.jpg

Your New Jersey Devils (24-22-10, 58 Pts) host the Ottawa Senators (29-19-6, 64 Pts)

jerseysteam2.jpg

vs.

hqdefault.jpg

Last Game:

Ml2pTEE.jpg

giphy.gif

1jrcv7.jpg

1jrd2y.jpg

1jo4k1.jpg

Devils Lineup:

#9 Taylor Hall - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #21 Kyle Palmieri

#44 Miles Wood - #14 Adam Henrique (A) - #13 Michael Cammalleri (A)

#37 Pavel Zacha - #16 Jacob Josefson - #23 Stefan Noesen

#8 Beau Bennett - #51 Sergey Kalinin - #11 P.A. Parenteau

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#2 John Moore - #34 Steven Santini

#7 Jon Merrill - #28 Damon Severson

#35 Cory Schneider (18-16-8, 2.66 GAA, .912 SV%, 2 SO)
#1 Keith Kinkaid (6-6-2, 2.59 GAA, .920 SV%)

Scratches:
#22 Kyle Quincey (upper body injury, could return later in the week)
#25 Devante Smith-Pelly (healthy)
#39 Seth Helgeson (healthy)
#64 Joseph Blandisi (healthy)

Leaders:
Goals - Henrique/Palmieri - 15
Assists - Hall - 24
Points - Hall - 37
+/- - Quincey - +5
PIM - Palmieri - 44
PPG - Hall/Palmieri - 5
SHG - Henrique - 2
GWG - Hall - 4

1jrf3f.jpg

nhl_senators_banner.jpg

Ottawa Lineup:

#15 Zack Smith - #7 Kyle Turris (A) - #68 Mike Hoffman

#10 Tom Pyatt - #44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - #9 Bobby Ryan

#18 Ryan Dzingel - #19 Derick Brassard - #61 Mark Stone

#57 Tommy Wingels - #22 Chris Kelly - #27 Curtis Lazar

#6 Chris Wideman - #65 Erik Karlsson (C)

#2 Dion Phaneuf (A) - #5 Cody Ceci

#74 Mark Borowiecki - #33 Fredrik Claesson

#1 Mike Condon (16-9-5, 2.56 GAA, .912 SV%, 4 SO)
#41 Craig Anderson (13-7-1, 2.37 GAA, .926 SV%, 4 SO)

Scratches:
#5 Marc Methot (sick)
#16 Clarke MacArthur (IR, concussion, out indefinitely)
#25 Chris Neil (healthy)

Leaders:
Goals - Stone - 20
Assists - Karlsson - 38
Points - Karlsson - 46
+/- - Methot - +12
PIM - Borowiecki - 88
PPG - Hoffman - 11
SHG - Smith - 2
GWG - Hoffman - 6

300sens.png

Quotes per AG:

Coach Skeletor on the winning strategy:

“Our strategy was to really stay on the gas,” Devils coach John Hynes said. “At times in the third period we dictated the play and spent time in the offensive zone so we didn’t have to defend as much. At other times, we were too loose and we had to defend too much.”

Ginger Ninja on the win:

“You’d love to add more offense but it doesn’t always work,” goalie Cory Schneider said. “The other team makes a push, you have to be smart about it. You don’t want to play it safe and just chip in and try to defend. I thought we had balance. We made the smart plays and we were trying for offense when it was there.”

Hallsy on the beauty goal with Palms:
“I think, maybe, he could’ve went on a breakaway by himself but he maybe thought he didn’t have the gas,” Hall said. “I’m just being ready for a pass at all times and he made the play. I want to get over the blue line as soon as possible when he passes it so I’m not offside. I saw the goalie solely focused on me and so was their defender. I just had to pass it through his triangle. Some guys would quit on the play after making the pass on a two-on-one but Kyle followed it up going to the net and that’s huge.”

Palms on the game winner:
Palmieri said he never expected to get the puck back from Hall.

“Not really,” Palmieri said. “The other d-man came pretty far over to me. Once I saw it got through to Hallsie, I thought he had a pretty good shot at the goalie. He froze the goalie and I didn’t have to do much, which is always a nice thing.”

Please, for the love of god, WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

514.php

CuUMM.gif

1jrfb0.jpg

1jrfcm.jpg

PLAY. ****ING. HARDER.

LGD

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Big game for the Devs if they truly want to get back into the playoff hunt. Teams like the Leafs and Flyers are starting to crash. Need to take advantage.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
:laugh: Love it.

Bought 2 tickets in the 100s for 13 bucks a piece, looking forward to it tonight.

Looks like I gotta pick up my spiderman meme game tonight with you absent, although I'm not nearly as creative/fast :laugh:

Big game for the Devs if they truly want to get back into the playoff hunt. Teams like the Leafs and Flyers are starting to crash. Need to take advantage.

The back-to-back against the Islanders is going to be even more important. Devils are 4-1-1 in their last six and have played very well aside from Sharks game so it's possible.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Does anyone know if u get unlimited food if you sit in front of the fire or ice bars?

It depends. The people who get the free buffet are:

- Sections 8 and 19
- First 5 rows of sections 7, 9, 18, and 20
- First 2 or 3 rows of any other lower bowl section

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

I know I know, it's dumb to overreact to who's on the 4th line...But come the **** on. Blandisi has been playing very well and has seemingly created more scoring chances in his first few games than Kalinin has all year. Stupid move. End rant.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Good that BB is back.
But shoulda scratched Kalinom instead of Blandisi.

Kalinin is slow and has stone hands.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm far from the biggest Kalinin fan but if Blandisi's only going to play nine minutes on the fourth line anyway, what's the difference who's in?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm far from the biggest Kalinin fan but if Blandisi's only going to play nine minutes on the fourth line anyway, what's the difference who's in?

The difference is a crappy player that creates zero offense is taking those minutes. We're so starved for goals that we need as much offense as we can get from every line. It's also annoying because Blandisi is fun to watch and has a future here and Kalinin is the most boring player on the team and won't be here next year.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
The difference is a crappy player that creates zero offense is taking those minutes. We're so starved for goals that we need as much offense as we can get from every line. It's also annoying because Blandisi is fun to watch and has a future here and Kalinin is the most boring player on the team and won't be here next year.

First sentence is the opposite of true, BB is one of the top players on the team in terms of sustaining pressure in the offensive zone. And if you took out Kalinin instead there would be nobody to play center.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
First sentence is the opposite of true, BB is one of the top players on the team in terms of sustaining pressure in the offensive zone. And if you took out Kalinin instead there would be nobody to play center.

It absolutely is 100% true. I'm talking about Kalinin. Blandisi played center in the NHL all season and Kalinin has played more wing than center anyway.

edit: AHL not NHL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad