GDT: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Sens have started slow, but we can't take them lightly. Keep the hype train rolling with another dominant two-way performance and get the win.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
I believe very few people have any idea just how smelly the golden retriever in the sweaty dog gif must be. You have to live it to get just how pungent that aroma of wet golden retriever fur is when combined with panting dog breath. It is an experience like no other.
Allegedly smelly. Overruled! I’m out of order!

LGD

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Don't think they have won 8 straight games since the 10-11 season when they had that wild surge in Feb/March but couldn't make up for the horrid start that season to make the playoffs.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Excited for this game. My thoughts going into each game have been "they can't possibly win 5 in a row right? They can't possibly win 6 in a row right? They can't possibly win 7 in a row right? They can't possibly win EIGHT in a row RIGHT?!"

Cautiously optimistic.
Same here . Prior season performance and let down creeps in and it’s hard to believe how awesome we are playing . I’m enjoying the hell out of winning but am always worried about a let down game and a possible losing skid. We are witnessing an epic turnaround and improvement from last year.
I jut don’t want the team to take any opponents for granted and let the foot off the gas but it seems like Ruff and the players are thinking the same thing and preparing for each game the right way.
It was good to see them bounce back after a shit 1st period against the Flames. Before , their shit play would have continued on the rest of the game but not so this year.
Maybe because they know that the playoffs are very reachable plus they have the goaltemdig for once to fight back in games , where in past seasons it’s like “what’s the point … we are 2823 points out of the playoffs already Amd we cannot get a save in net so why even bother “. Maybe not that clear cut of an attitude but it would for sure effect how hard they try.

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Don't think they have won 8 straight games since the 10-11 season when they had that wild surge in Feb/March but couldn't make up for the horrid start that season to make the playoffs.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Wasnt that the last Jmac season and then Lemaire took over?

With the "I want to believe" headline on Devils making the playoffs?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Too many pessimistic vibes in here for a team that is on a roll with a 7-game winning streak. They deserve better. Hope the Rock is packed tonight!

Players in the room right now:

1668112208773.gif

LGD!!

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Question to me is whether we have a let down game tonight or Saturday.
Lol, I thunk the same way because we are so fragile as fans that we almost expect a let down and eventual losing skid. We have seen this story before where we get off to a good start then implode.
This year though looks different to me for once. I think the coaching staff and roster is good enough finally where we can bounce back after a loss or two instead of it sliding into a long streak.
They have shown the ability to win in several ways - fighting back after being down , holding a 1 goal lead , outplay the hell out of a team but sticking with it to win , gettig outplayed but still stickig to their game and eventually winning . All are very important was to learn how to win.

I seriously think the new assistant coaches have helped way more than a person thinks.
Tons of little plays and situations where the team looks improced. Everyone is doing their part.

Yes! I want more! Billion game winning streak!
I just want 16 wins total come playoff time. Not too much to ask for ?

Reactions: BostonDevil

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Too much pessimistic vibes in here for a team that is on a roll with a 7-game winning streak. They deserve better. Hope the Rock is packed tonight!

Players in the room right now:

View attachment 606140

LGD!!
I’m not tryig to be pessimistic , I acknowledge they are playing awesome, I just do NOT want to see it all for nothing where we thunk we are too good and start dropping games we should/could win because we need every point possible .

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Never Forget

The Athletic did a whole article on that classic moment in 2018:

Today, the Senators can celebrate another historic moment in franchise history: the gladiator speech from the team’s pregame ceremony ahead of the Game 3 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal matchup versus the Pittsburgh Penguins on April 14, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad