GDT: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Forsberg is fine. Their defense is terrible though, similar to Devils in the previous years.
I don't really think he is.

He was good last year, but that was his first good year in the NHL where he played a significant number of games and he's already 30 years old.

He hasn't been able to stick in the NHL before last year.

He's kind of like Scott Wedgewood, only he's played approximately 25 more games in the NHL than Wedgewood. Prior to last year he had only played 66 games in the NHL over a 7 year period and the only year he played more than 8 NHL games in a year was when he played 35 games for Chicago in 17-18 to pretty meh (but not really bad) results.

There was even a three year period between 18-19 and 20-21 where he played only 11 NHL games those 3 years combined and was in the AHL the rest of the time, including 0 NHL games in 18-19. I'm pretty sure he's nothing special.

Their defense is terrible though and was even terrible last year when Forsberg looked good.

Dorion is also the same GM who brought us the Matt Murray deal which was way too much per year for a goalie coming off the year he had come off and was really nothing great in the regular season over the course of his career. He was able to bamboozle some other (sucker) GM in his division to take the last 2 years of that deal though.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Would you be willing to say what would make you go, "ok this is good, I'm happy with this."

Is there anything short of a cup? If so what is it? I promise, whatever you say won't be met with push back from me. But a defined line that needs to be crossed will probably do everyone a lot of good. That way we know, no matter what good happens, not to expect you to be happy until player/team hits X. No one will be surprised anymore.
he will choose the movable goal post.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
he will choose the movable goal post.
It's not lost on me that he has purposely vague concerns and wants to always have something to move to. But in the slight chance he even set any goal, no matter what it was, "6 cups in a row," at least we could all sit back and not ask "how about now," when the team or certain players are playing lights out.

Reactions: My3Sons

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he would never say anything that would eliminate his ability to nitpick and complain.

there’s no consistency to the points where he digs his heels in. one time it will be defensive play of forwards, when that improves it will be not scoring enough goals. when they score enough goals it will be not scoring enough compared to their draft class. when they measure up to the draft class it will be that it took too long, and so on.

he’s not here to be satisfied by the team he’s here to push buttons and a good portion of people here are happy to oblige

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
6 years after he was drafted finally scoring some goals is great to see... Nico's 8 goals this season account for 11% of his career total after only 13 games..I suppose better late than never? Hopefully he can crack that 21 goal career high this year. Should get to 100 career goals this year in nearly 400 games

But I think it's totally awesome that he''s 4th in scoring from his draft class this year. Only behind Robertson, Pettersson and Suzuki this season with Makar approaching and Batherson right in the same neighborhood as well.
EqualSafeGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad