GDT: Senators @ Devils, 7:00 PM, MSG+, Dirty Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
5uxr93.jpg

So our Devils are 2-0-1 with Patrick Swayze GDTs this year. We certainly can use a win here tonight. I have teased it a couple times, so here is the Dirty Dancing GDT. Come on in.
R.70a457e8fcf8bd4e90aac58a858b805f

tumblr_okz5jdjbV71ug3zvco1_400.gif

Nobody puts Baby in a corner, and there are certainly many other things nobody should do.
5wt9os.jpg

Devils Projected Lineup (Subject to change)

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Johnsson - Hughes - Sharangovich
Tatar - Mercer - Vesey
Kuokkanen - McLeod - Bastian
Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Subban
Severson - Siegenthaler
Blackwood

5wt9sl.jpg

Senators Projected Lineup (Subject to change)

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Paul - Stutzle - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Gambrell - Watson
Chabot - Zaitsev
Holden - Zub
Heatherington - Thomson
Forsberg

5wt9xn.jpg

5wtauh.jpg

5wt9zy.jpg

5wtba7.jpg

5wtdmw.jpg

tenor.gif

No, he's a Mango and not a watermelon, and you didn't carry him, he has carried the offense so far this year.

OGC.6598c5ab0acef978700961de8d9a1d7d

Hopefully the new line combos dance well together

OGC.2a8e3cfefa6aa244d2a359dedd9677b4
a
and lift the Devils to a big win.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For reference on how any team can beat anyone on a given night, the Senators are coming off back to back wins over the Hurricanes and Avalanche in OT.

We, as we all well know, can't afford to take any team lightly.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
maybe they'll bounce back and have a good couple of games. but if this is anything like all of the other teams from the past decade (and we don't really seem to have a reason to believe it isn't) any flash of a couple of good games will just raise hopes for a short time before they revert back to whatever it is we've been watching.

in other words it will take more than a couple of games against bad teams to convince me this team is any good anymore

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
honestly that's what i said about the last 2 games and at some point you kind of have to just accept what the team is

I understand the disappointment in those past 2 games, but that really is not an easy road trip against a red hot Minnesota team followed by a back-to-back in Winnipeg. Doesn't excuse the way the team lost those games but I am willing to write that off at the very least.

These are games that we should very much be in and have the ability to take. I'll be much more disappointed in losses this week rather than last.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Yeah we need to beat a bottom-3 team, cant be losing these games if we want to have a respectable season

SJ WPG and MIN are all formidable, Ottawa is not

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Have made my feelings known about Jesper B the past few seasons but have been a bit of a convert with his play this season.

Assuming the lines above are accurate, can't help wondering why the Devils hottest line is taken apart.

Nor for that matter, why Jack Hughes didn't play a few rehab games with Utica before being re-inserted to a lineup that was playing pretty well.

NjdPass

Jan 23, 2021
Team really needs to have a different coaching staff to win.

- Severson is a career negative 123 which is #6 worst +/- in Devils history. But somehow he is getting more playing time than Dougie....
- Our PK/D coach is still around from last year. Better D core and nothing has changed. Remember last year we had a historically bad PK....Most people get fire for when they do a historically bad job
- Team is not playing simple, I am all for our young guys being creative and letting them play their game. It seems that we are forcing a system that does not work for this group of players
- Need to stop rolling lines...Even the best teams that are much deeper than us dont roll 4 lines every game
- Smith needs to be sent down- Call up Walsh. Same style player, one is performing and the other isnt

I really hope that Fitzy sees these thing and isnt trying to be so loyal to these guys. I would love to get rid of Severson, but lets be real....who would want him?

These upcoming games are must wins and when this team is actually on...they can beat anyone. The Tampa game proved that, Blackwood is the real deal. Yes, he gives up a bad goal here and there but he is actually getting no help.

If we cannot get a W tonight against a weaker team, we are in for a long season guys. If tonight results in an L and our special teams are a cause....EVERYONE should be fired.

Reactions: Maine Fan

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Have made my feelings known about Jesper B the past few seasons but have been a bit of a convert with his play this season.

Assuming the lines above are accurate, can't help wondering why the Devils hottest line is taken apart.

Nor for that matter, why Jack Hughes didn't play a few rehab games with Utica before being re-inserted to a lineup that was playing pretty well.

I wouldn't put Hughes anywhere near the AHL. All you need is some plug with nothing to lose doing something stupid. Or a freak Dach-esque injury. He was put on wing to get his legs and feel for the game back. And now it looks like he is back where he belongs.

Reactions: Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad