News Article: Senators' Cowen to have hearing Wednesday (2 games)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Ottawa Sens defenceman Jared Cowen wouldn't change anything about his hit

Jared Cowen sure did learn his lesson from being suspended two games for an “illegal hit” and having to fork over almost $32,000 of his pay as a result.

Yup, he learned that hockey is a game of inches…but then, he already knew that before, too.

As for how he reacts the next time a Zemgus Girgensons is looking to pick up a suicide pass through the middle of the ice, well, Cowen says he’s not about to just step out of the way and give up the scoring chance.

“I wouldn’t do anything differently,” the Senators defenceman explained after an on-ice workout Thursday morning at Canadian Tire Centre. “If I don’t make that hit, I don’t play and I don’t play well. It’s just that maybe I move a little bit to the left, an inch or two, and maybe that’s the difference. That’s all that it was.”

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
How do you fake getting hit in the face by an elbow? Zemgus didn't dive for a penalty (how many guys in the league would have?) and Cowen was the only one who hit the ice.
It was a poor verbal parry from Cowen, but he's frustrated the league put a target on his back after the Datsyuk hit and he was dumb enough to do something objectionable so soon afterward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad