Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Boston | 7pm - Sportsnet East | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Pre-game talk thread for now. No one has the GDT tomorrow. So if anyone wants to whip up something decent, go ahead!

Most important game of the season!

Win in regulation = Montreal
Win in overtime = Montreal
loss in overtime = Boston
loss in regulation = Pittsburgh

Think I got it right.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The bad news is that we're 4-14-4 in our last 22 games against the Bruins.

The good news is that all 4 wins were in Boston.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Hrm...,

I would absolutely love a first round match up against the Bruins. The pressure in Boston would be unreal. Remember how our domination of the Leafs in the regular season turned to ash with our defeat at the hands of the same team in the playoffs?

Heh, we are the underdog; I'm happy to watch us play any team. Victory only becomes so much sweeter!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
From reading their board, apparently Julien said he's going all out for the division.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we both want you guys to win tomorrow. Us, cuz we want the division title and can't stand the leaf media (although it would be an easy series if it resembled tonight). And you because I'm sure you think we're the easiest opponent, which is fair, I understand why.

I would rather play the rangers than you guys even though they're hot, but given the situation, if we have a series, I could live by the mantra, "let the best team win" even though you'd be a damn tough opponent.

So, I hope you guys are ALSO going for the win full out. Bruins lately are quite beatable.

Anyone know if it's Anderson or Lehner? (I imagine Anderson won't go back to back.)

Lotttta Habs fans gonna be watching this one. Come to think of it, Leaf fans too (they're petrified of the bruins, not the team that beat the bruins 3/4 times or the team that just pasted them).

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
So, I hope you guys are ALSO going for the win full out. Bruins lately are quite beatable.
Anyone know if it's Anderson or Lehner? (I imagine Anderson won't go back to back.)
I don't know if we're going full out. Since we didn't win against Philly, we will have to go full out. If we lose, we face the Penguins which is the #1 matchup that has to be avoided. Lehner will start and he's played well vs them.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Hrm...,

I would absolutely love a first round match up against the Bruins. The pressure in Boston would be unreal. Remember how our domination of the Leafs in the regular season turned to ash with our defeat at the hands of the same team in the playoffs?

Heh, we are the underdog; I'm happy to watch us play any team. Victory only becomes so much sweeter!

That would be interesting in that both our series would feature two teams potentially playing each other 8 times in a row.

You guys could certainly upset the bruins. But get the 2pts. Plz and thanks!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I don't know if we're going full out. Since we didn't win against Philly, we will have to go full out. If we lose, we face the Penguins which is the #1 matchup that has to be avoided. Lehner will start and he's played well vs them.

Oh I know what your motivation is, and it's good. I just want you guys not to take a chance with it and jump out to an early lead and win it in reg (or just win in reg). I fear once you get to OT, you'll let up (having avoided the Pens) with the Bruins absolutely wanting the division title. We had so many chances to lock it up but as you know were horrible down the stretch. Need your help now. (Oddly enough, so that we end up playing you, which btw I don't exactly look forward to if it happens - I have a lot of respect for what you guys have done and I've posted that on your board prior to this plea.)

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'd love to face the Habs. Could ignite our offence if their recent lackluster defensive play carries over to the postseason.

I'm sure you would. Looks like a tasty meal and you guys have had our number in actual play, not just scoreboard anomalies like with the leafs. Facing a more dangerous team rather than the leafs is how much I can't stand the Toronto media and annoying leaf fans. We have a muchhhhh better chance of beating them, but I'm so tired of their bs.

Now that Karlsson is back, D wouldn't be lackluster, no? Gonchar scored a beauty the other night too. I guess you mean defensive defensive play. That's been our weak point too. Tinordi has helped a lot though.

Dammit, I wish it was 7pm already. Never been so eager for another team's game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins fan here. Should be a hell of a game. Pretty crazy how so many different things could happen for both teams as a result of this game. I think it would almost be fitting if it ended up being a Bruins/Sens series based on us beating you in OT. It's happened enough this season anyways.

Although I think the Bruins match up best against the Isles I kind of want to face you guys just because I think it would be the most entertaining series, with both teams playing a gritty defensive game. Plus, these two teams really need to get a rivalry going. It's been far too civil between the two fanbases.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Bruins fan here. Should be a hell of a game. Pretty crazy how so many different things could happen for both teams as a result of this game. I think it would almost be fitting if it ended up being a Bruins/Sens series based on us beating you in OT. It's happened enough this season anyways.

Although I think the Bruins match up best against the Isles I kind of want to face you guys just because I think it would be the most entertaining series, with both teams playing a gritty defensive game. Plus, these two teams really need to get a rivalry going. It's been far too civil between the two fanbases.

You don't think your series with the Leafs would be the most entertaining? It would be one of the most watched! And despite your trouble down the road (equal to ours, thus it coming down to the last game in the NHL), you'd eat them for breakfast. This is why they want you to win tomorrow/tonight - they want to avoid you.

I would love to see a Kessel vs Seguin (and I guess Hamilton) series.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I'm sure you would. Looks like a tasty meal and you guys have had our number in actual play, not just scoreboard anomalies like with the leafs. Facing a more dangerous team rather than the leafs is how much I can't stand the Toronto media and annoying leaf fans. We have a muchhhhh better chance of beating them, but I'm so tired of their bs.

Now that Karlsson is back, D wouldn't be lackluster, no? Gonchar scored a beauty the other night too. I guess you mean defensive defensive play. That's been our weak point too. Tinordi has helped a lot though.

Dammit, I wish it was 7pm already. Never been so eager for another team's game.

Meant your D has been less than stellar, not ours.

Our offense is the issue right now, so playing against your D could help our forwards break out of their slumps.

Too many well liked former Senators in the Bruins organization to foster deep hatred. That, and how could we hate the team that stole two high end prospects from the Leafs?

From an entertainment perspective, I think Habs-Bruins and Leafs-Sens would be a far better Round 1.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Meant your D has been less than stellar, not ours.

Our offense is the issue right now, so playing against your D could help our forwards break out of their slumps.

Ah yeah, my bad, you said "their" and you are correct to describe it that way since Emelin went down. better tonight. MUCH better.

Too many well liked former Senators in the Bruins organization to foster deep hatred. That, and how could we hate the team that stole two high end prospects from the Leafs?

From an entertainment perspective, I think Habs-Bruins and Leafs-Sens would be a far better Round 1.

Ehh, too over played, but yes, that is the standard rivalry matchup. I would only want you guys to play the leafs to finally win the battle of ontario. Obviously, none of those matchups are possible until later (but I don't think both are possible).

TheOriginalSilf*

I'm actually horrified. This is going to feel like a playoff game for me. The last thing I want is Pittsburgh in round 1.

Just win.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Please not the penguins. Not only because they'll crush us, but I'm just bored of always playing them in the post season. Habs would be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad