Proposal: Senators - Blues

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
In order to keep and sign Pietreangelo

Sens trade their Islander 1st round pick and their Islander 2nd round pick in the 2020 draft and prospect Lassi Thomson for

Colton Parayko - who would pair well w Chabot.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-25_16-20-59.png
    upload_2020-8-25_16-20-59.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 6

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Sens trade their Islander 1st round pick and their Islander 2nd round pick in the 2020 draft and prospect Lassi Thomson for

Thoughts?
Not bad maybe remove the Isles 2nd round or change for a 5 round or 4

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That seems really bad for STL. Granted I don’t know much about Thompson but a late first a late 2nd and a prospect for a guy that is signed cheap for a few more seasons and that is a top pairing D.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Not bad maybe remove the Isles 2nd round or change for a 5 round or 4

At some point we have to acquire quality proven d-man. If that is what it takes - we have the assets. He addresses the size and talent issue on the back end and can always help lead the way into the future. We need a presence back there which has been lacking since Chara left. Boro is all character and guts but very limited in the talent area. In fact - he becomes a liability out there w all his penalties. Colton would add to both offense and defence and could play on our top four. Worth the price I think.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
STL is looking to win now, so futures aren't going to be what they would be looking for. It also doesn't make sense to move a core piece thats just as important as the one they are trying to keep.

Para is incredible and I get any team wanting him, but he wont be moved by that team.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Very easy no from the Blues.

We can create cap space for a Pietrangelo extension without too many problems.

The Blues prospect pool is quite bare - especially d-men and they are very tight against the cap. They are an older team and an influx of talent in a very deep draft might tempt them...we could add a prospect or 2 to entice a bit more from our farm. I would not rule it out as beyond possible.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
The Blues prospect pool is quite bare - especially d-men and they are very tight against the cap. They are an older team and an influx of talent in a very deep draft might tempt them...we could add a prospect or 2 to entice a bit more from our farm. I would not rule it out as beyond possible.

If you think that the Blues are light on defensive prospects, why would it then make sense to you that they'd move one of their top current NHL defenseman? Just from the start that doesn't make any sense (not that I necessarily agree with the assessment anyways).

I'm sure as the one who came up with the proposal you wouldn't rule it beyond possible, but I'm sure Blues management can. Parayko is very far down on the list of players to be moved to keep Pietrangelo.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
But it doesn't help the current Cup window, and by the time those players are ready, our current core has moved on.

The only player to even start a conversation for Parayko would be Tkachuk and then balance out the sides from there. Neither team would do that as both players are important to their core.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
If you think that the Blues are light on defensive prospects, why would it then make sense to you that they'd move one of their top current NHL defenseman? Just from the start that doesn't make any sense (not that I necessarily agree with the assessment anyways).

I'm sure as the one who came up with the proposal you wouldn't rule it beyond possible, but I'm sure Blues management can. Parayko is very far down on the list of players to be moved to keep Pietrangelo.

We have a number of d prospects that could entice Blues management - Branstromm - Wolanin - Thomson - its all about your cap space - even without signing Pietr they are tight against the cap.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
from an ottawa perspective this would work better if parayko either had 1 year left or a long term deal, two years creates uncertainty for resigning and with old moneybags as our owner creates a lot more questions too

on the blues side this doesnt make sense since i dont think they are going to be looking to retool even if AP leaves. Steen and Bozak probably get traded or potentially bought out to create flexibility for them to add to their team and try and resign AP. Saves them over 4 million in cap if they go the buyout route so a team would need to give the blues more flexibility in any potential trade

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Cap space is irrelevant. The Blues have other ways to create space without trading a player of the calibre of Parayko, so the only incentive to trade him is if the return is enough to justify it.

What looks like it is a late first, late second and a decent defensive prospect certainly doesn't justify it, and most teams would beat that offer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
At some point we have to acquire quality proven d-man. If that is what it takes - we have the assets. He addresses the size and talent issue on the back end and can always help lead the way into the future. We need a presence back there which has been lacking since Chara left. Boro is all character and guts but very limited in the talent area. In fact - he becomes a liability out there w all his penalties. Colton would add to both offense and defence and could play on our top four. Worth the price I think.
But that's not what it takes. Blues are not trading parayko. You would gave to vastly over pay to get him. It would hurt.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We have a number of d prospects that could entice Blues management - Branstromm - Wolanin - Thomson - its all about your cap space - even without signing Pietr they are tight against the cap.
Most teams are. Blues only need to find a couple mil to resign petro. Bozak allen and steen will go along with dunn sundquist and just about every other blues player before blues trade parayko. Also tarasenko will create at minimum 5 mil ltir. Allen syeen bozak combine for 15 mil and are gone in a year.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Most teams are. Blues only need to find a couple mil to resign petro. Bozak allen and steen will go along with dunn sundquist and just about every other blues player before blues trade parayko. Also tarasenko will create at minimum 5 mil ltir. Allen syeen bozak combine for 15 mil and are gone in a year.

The problem is the guys you listed have NTC/NMC so it would be hard for them to accept a trade from a cup contender to a bubble/rebuilding team. Parayko would be nice if he didn't have 2 years left before UFA. That fact would drop his value for me but our GM has shown before that he'll offer a premium regardless (Duchene trade)

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The problem is the guys you listed have NTC/NMC so it would be hard for them to accept a trade from a cup contender to a bubble/rebuilding team. Parayko would be nice if he didn't have 2 years left before UFA. That fact would drop his value for me but our GM has shown before that he'll offer a premium regardless (Duchene trade)
Maybe you missed it. Parayko is not for sale. Steen can be bought out. Bozak has a limited nt same with allen. Also ltir. I think its funny parayko is one of the best defensive rhd but has less value due to only 2 years. We will just keep him

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Maybe you missed it. Parayko is not for sale. Steen can be bought out. Bozak has a limited nt same with allen. Also ltir. I think its funny parayko is one of the best defensive rhd but has less value due to only 2 years. We will just keep him

Unfortunately you can't speak for Armstrong regarding his availability. Maybe you missed that?

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018

Thoughts?
St Louis will not trade Parayko period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad