Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Has Boro taken the next step to become an NHLer? I sure hope so and that its not just 2 good games,

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Has Boro taken the next step to become an NHLer? I sure hope so and that its not just 2 good games

Me too.

It's not uncommon for a kid to get a call-up and both:
a) play his balls off to try and stay up, and
b) have anedge because the rest of the league doesn't have a "book" on you yet.

... and then fall flat on his face like 10-12 games into his callup.

Hopefully, this isn't lightning in a bottle. I want to see Boro succeed, despite the fact that I've been critical of him in the past.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Me too.

It's not uncommon for a kid to get a call-up and both:
a) play his balls off to try and stay up, and
b) have anedge because the rest of the league doesn't have a "book" on you yet.

... and then fall flat on his face like 10-12 games into his callup.

Hopefully, this isn't lightning in a bottle. I want to see Boro succeed, despite the fact that I've been critical of him in the past.

He's been better than he was in his past call ups. Much better puck skills and break out pass from what ive seen. Cowen and Gryba need to take notes on his aggressiveness and ********* game he plays.

Please be for reals.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Karlsson is really starting to round into form and I'm thrilled about that. I was terrified he'd never look the same. Still not quite there yet but certainly getting closer.

He's been better than he was in his past call ups. Much better puck skills and break out pass from what ive seen. Cowen and Gryba need to take notes on his aggressiveness and ********* game he plays.

Please be for reals.

This, 100 times this. Borowiecki brings a real badass attitude to the ice and I personally love to see it.

If Cowen and Gryba played with some of Boro's demeanor our defense would be terrifying for opposing forwards.

Even if Boro never becomes more than a #6, his attitude, toughness and leadership would bring a lot to the team.

Last edited:

John Holmes*

I think Gryba spooked himself when he dismembered Eller.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
I just hope BM dont put on hold talks with other clubs just because we get 2 points against crappy team. IF he had any.
Btw. Nikitin looks good.

John Holmes*

I remember Hal Gill allegedly saw a sports psychiatrist to help him get over his fear of hurting people.

I guess not everyone has it in them.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I remember Hal Gill allegedly saw a sports psychiatrist to help him get over his fear of hurting people.

I guess not everyone has it in them.

I can see that. But the idea of a psychologist trying to make a patient more physically aggressive.... is there a psych course on that? I'm picturing Mel Gibson watching Chow Hound with his eyes propped open in Conspiracy Theory.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Always been a MASSIVE fan of Boro's. Even started a few threads on him earlier and there wasnt a ton of love from people around here. The guy just has that IT factor, he wants to be better and always gives it his all. Just love his tenacity. I wish so bad he played against the leafs because that would have been amazing, watching him nail Kessel and Lupul all around the ice.

He was the only senator that hit Crosby and Malkin in a game last year, everyone else refused to touch them for some odd reason but Boro laid them down a few times. Thats the kind of stuff that gets them off their game and has an impact.

Precisely the reason the Leafs signed Clarkson (Clarksons better everyone relax) I'm just saying if Boro keeps it up he will bring the same type of intangibles.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I just don't understand why is Spezza only +1 when he has 2 even strength points and no goal against??????

Well here's the explanation- though I doubt it will help:

obyt.jpg

So the official scorer marked Spezza for the assist, but noted Smith was on the ice instead.:facepalm:

Columbus is like the anus of hockey knowledge.

There's a lot to this. I don't know how much of it was the injury to Eller, or being vilified for doing what every hockey coach has told you to do throughout your entire life.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

Ever since he got suspended it's like he is scared to hit because he doesn't want to be suspended again.....He would be termed a repeat offender the next time he hurts someone which is unfair since he never should have been suspended to begin with.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Well here's the explanation- though I doubt it will help:

obyt.jpg

So the official scorer marked Spezza for the assist, but noted Smith was on the ice instead.:facepalm:

Columbus is like the anus of hockey knowledge.

There's a lot to this. I don't know how much of it was the injury to Eller, or being vilified for doing what every hockey coach has told you to do throughout your entire life.

I don't remember the situation but is is possible. Spezza dumps the puck then changes up with Smith, just after that puck goes in the net :)

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
keep boro waive phillips

Phillips is alright he is just being forced into playing in situations he shouldn't be in anymore. Sort of like Turris last year when he was forced into being a number one center to early in his develoment.

Milan the God*

I don't remember the situation but is is possible. Spezza dumps the puck then changes up with Smith, just after that puck goes in the net :)

The play had Spezza passing the puck to Neil in the offensive zone and Neil scoring about 1.5 seconds later. The NHL made an error for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad