Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets - Tuesday 28th 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I think Ottawa rebounds big tonight and Andy puts up a good performance.

I hope it doesn't throw your plans off too much, but the game is tomorrow.

Unless there's a Karaoke challenge tonight that I'm not aware of, or something of that ilk. In which case I retract my initial comment, and throw my full support behind the team and Andy.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
GO SENS GO! :handclap:

picture.php

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Whoa. Is he still playing? I thought he was just injured all the time. Talk about a blast from the past.

EDIT: blast is a bit of an overstatement

He was called up the other day and played in a game for the first time since 2011.
Played two and a half minutes, was sent down the same day.
Looks like no Bass for us.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Sens are gonna be in tuff....still do not understand why dacosta is up.....Id dress Kaptain Kassian over him at the moment..... Andy will need to be better. Look out for Nathan Horton hes making some noise.......

What's the point of playing Da Costa with Neil and Smith? Literally makes zero since. Try him with Spezza or send him down already.

DaCosta supposedly has excellent visioning and passing skills so he should be able to make both Neil and Smith score fairly quickly...

Melnyk is destroying this team

Yep. Hopefully his daughters like spending money as they'll be inheriting the team.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Hello BM? It's time. We need a trade to add more scoring asap or else don't bother. Either way, let's play the kids.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I missed the game. But according to these stats Phillips only had 04:43 ice time in the third and played a total of 13:41 mins.

Obviously 13.41 mins is way too much than he's supposed to play. Im hate seeing Wiercioch scratched because of Phillips. Such a waste of talent.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/TV020770.HTM

Edit: Forgot to link the stats :shakehead

Ah Thank you :).

This just made me quite the bit happier.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Melnyk's a horrible owner, Murray's a clueless GM, MacLean is a brain dead coach, Phillips is a garbage defenseman, Neil is useless. Am I doing this right?

Othello*

Melnyk's a horrible owner, Murray's a clueless GM, MacLean is a brain dead coach, Phillips is a garbage defenseman, Neil is useless. Am I doing this right?

I agree that MacLean is a brain dead coach and Phillips is a garbage dman

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa

I lol'd

About average for all the hate around here lately.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I would agree except for the Murray is clueless part. everything else is spot on. especially Phillips and Neil being trash.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

Nah, they aren't trash.

It's more like PM is overusing them, putting them in positions they shouldn't be in.

Hence, bad performances = hate.

Phillips a top 4 D? Not anymore
Neil + Phillips on the PP? What in the...
Neil on Spezza's wing? I don't even...

Neil should be on the 4th line doing what he does best, agitating, laying the body and fighting.

Phillips should be a 6-7th defenceman, because clearly his play has heavily dropped, but not to the point that he is garbage.

PM is overestimating these guys :/. He needs to reevaluate what they can bring ON the ice, not off because at the end of the day, no matter how much off ice effectiveness they have, if it doesn't translate to the ice, it's not worth more than a dime

OH and yes, you are doing it right :)

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Nah, they aren't trash.

It's more like PM is overusing them, putting them in positions they shouldn't be in.

Hence, bad performances = hate.

Phillips a top 4 D? Not anymore
Neil + Phillips on the PP? What in the...
Neil on Spezza's wing? I don't even...

Neil should be on the 4th line doing what he does best, agitating, laying the body and fighting.

Phillips should be a 6-7th defenceman, because clearly his play has heavily dropped, but not to the point that he is garbage.

PM is overestimating these guys :/. He needs to reevaluate what they can bring ON the ice, not off because at the end of the day, no matter how much off ice effectiveness they have, if it doesn't translate to the ice, it's not worth more than a dime

OH and yes, you are doing it right :)
I'm starting to wonder that maybe Stache is worried that by limiting the vets' ice-time he might lose the room and ultimately his job. Clouston won a battle against Heatley but ultimately lost the war.

It's not easy reducing the role of your veterans especially when you're still a new coach. He didn't have that problem too much last year since Alf, Gonchar, Neil and Phillips played well and Spezza and Michalek were out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad