GDT: Senators @ Avalanche | Nov. 25th - 7:30 PM MT | Home Sweet Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

Ottawa Senators (11-5-5) @ Colorado Avalanche (8-12-1)

s1AE2uO.png

The Colorado Avalanche return from a 7 game road trip (tied for longest in team history) and host Matt Duchene's future team, AKA the Ottawa Senators. The Avs finished the trip with a strong win in Winnipeg for a respectable 4-3 record. The Sens come to the Mile High City riding three straight wins, including consecutive shutouts from ex-Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson and a high scoring defeat of the West-leading Stars.

Bobby Ryan and Matt Duchene are both on offensive hot streaks and look to continue their scoring Wednesday night. The Senators are far ahead in league standings, but have lost 8 of their previous 9 meetings with the Avalanche.

Can Colorado pull off the win and inspire false hope in their devoted fans? Or will another crushing blow be dealt in the collapse toward a 2016 lottery pick. Only time will tell...

Rosters:

:avs

tBo39JH.png

:sens

Prince - Zibanejad - Stone

Hoffman - Turris - Ryan

Michalek - Pageau - Chiasson

Lazar - Smith - Neil

Method - Karlsson

Cowen - Ceci

Borowiecki - Wideman

Anderson

Driedger

C9sOENZ.png

Words from the Coach:

[nhl]883288[/nhl]

Motivational Poster:

6wyI1ZK.png

Song of the Day:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Stars wanted to burn down our village, but we burnt down there's. Sens want the same, Avs know what to do.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That picture of Anderson is something amazing.

Hard to know how this one will go. Anderson has struggled against us since his departure, so he's sort of due for a good game.

I'm thinking 1-3 Ottawa.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Is it political? If it is then I'm going to have to ask that its removed.

That guy's a Canadian party leader, and a major campaign platform issue of his was the promise that he would "abolish the senate". I thought that sounded like a funny description of beating the Ottawa Senators. Just a joke

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is it political? If it is then I'm going to have to ask that its removed.

He's a political leader but I was joking. Flanagan's quote isn't to support the party, it's because that particular leader was quoted saying he was going to take out the Senate over the last few years. We take on the Senators tonight. I support the photo in the OP even as a non-NDP supporter. I think it's clever.

edit: of course my newfie friend responded quicker than me...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's a political leader but I was joking. Flanagan's quote isn't to support the party, it's because that particular leader was quoted saying he was going to take out the Senate over the last few years. We take on the Senators tonight. I support the photo in the OP even as a non-NDP supporter. I think it's clever.

edit: of course my newfie friend responded quicker than me...

That guy's a Canadian party leader, and a major campaign platform issue of his was the promise that he would "abolish the senate". I thought that sounded like a funny description of beating the Ottawa Senators. Just a joke

Thanks, I didn't know so I asked. Just a non specific joke is fine.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
OTT is 11-5-5? jeez

Everything in the east has been all about the Habs, Rags, and Caps, had no idea they were playing this well.

8-3 Sens. Karlsson with 6 apples.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I like the Avalanche background on the roster.
I remember someone else liking doing that as well :laugh:

Anyways, again won't be able to watch. Important conference tomorrow. Have to be fresh.
Hoping the scores section provides me with joy tomorrow.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Was really hoping we'd go with Driedger instead b/c Andy got really overworked last night towards the end.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Roy thought Landeskog was good last game? I don't think he's been good since around game 5 of the year.

Go Avs! I think they win 3-2.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy thought Landeskog was good last game? I don't think he's been good since around game 5 of the year.

Go Avs! I think they win 3-2.

When we were at the game Monday my girlfriend said what's wrong with Landeskog? I said what do you mean (assuming she doesn't watch enough to know when a player is on or off their game). She responds and says "he sucks this year. It's a good thing he's pretty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad