GDT: Senators at Stars | The No-Look Drop Pass Edition | 8:30 p.m. EST | TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
2hTwe1b.jpg
wtqdyqv.jpg

uZUADb6.jpg
n5AHBGo.jpg

rtNdnnZ.jpg
xDhqIuV.jpg

1cYt0yl.jpg
8rifqFx.jpg

ww0NirW.jpg
RqASGuh.jpg

ibjjZa3yoYFCud.gif
tumblr_lymtqueqKh1r3vlx1o1_500.gif
ibjjZa3yoYFCud.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok, so who of Karlsson or Spezza will be the first to forget that the other isn't on their team anymore and make a tape to tape pass to the other?

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
Looking at Spezza goal against MTl (remerbered watching this game), Spezza was much faster back then, where did this speed goes ??? Anyway like the title suggest, i really hope he will gift us with one of his typical blind drop pass and then Hoffman will grab it on his way to his 15th goal of the season. Nice GTD go sens go :yo:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok, so who of Karlsson or Spezza will be the first to forget that the other isn't on their team anymore and make a tape to tape pass to the other?

All things considered, spezza really was the only player on or team that could handle karlssons offensive rushes and reads. They were so magic in breakouts and in the offensive zone

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I expect this to be the most motivated Spezza has ever been. Scary thought, but sadly it takes a situation like this to get him motivated.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Looking at Spezza goal against MTl (remerbered watching this game), Spezza was much faster back then, where did this speed goes ??? Anyway like the title suggest, i really hope he will gift us with one of his typical blind drop pass and then Hoffman will grab it on his way to his 15th goal of the season. Nice GTD go sens go :yo:

No Look Drop Pass Edition - nice. :handclap:

Spezza's speed, to the extent he had any, fell victim to age and back injuries. He's still a brilliant set up guy, as evidenced by his assist totals, but his goal totals will be pretty modest going forward as a result of his physical limitations. Still, he had the sickest pair of mitts you will ever see on a player. Some of his Ottawa highlights are, and will remain, legendary.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
All things considered, spezza really was the only player on or team that could handle karlssons offensive rushes and reads. They were so magic in breakouts and in the offensive zone

Not to mention one of the only guys who could take a pass from Karl....maybe EK fires them too hard for some but JS never really had a problem....guys have a really hard time on the team now and you can pretty much throw away the slap pass....pops over the receivers stick eeerytime!

Toecutter

Jun 4, 2008
If this crosses some sort of line, then I appologize in advance.

Does anyone kown of an internet stream that I can watch the game tonight from Florida?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Most of called the fact that Spezza was in on about 60% of Karlsson's point that Spezza leaving would have a powerful effect on Karlsson's offensive output

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Thoughts leading into this game.

McDavid is being compared to Jason Spezza with much better skating ability.

Horcoff once was one of the fastest skaters in the NHL.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Not to mention one of the only guys who could take a pass from Karl....maybe EK fires them too hard for some but JS never really had a problem....guys have a really hard time on the team now and you can pretty much throw away the slap pass....pops over the receivers stick eeerytime!

Agreed with these. EK needs high hockey IQ players to play with. He's one of those rare players (just like Spezza) who sees all the offensive chances that can be created. Unfortunately, we have too many guys that just want to dump and chase.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thoughts leading into this game.

McDavid is being compared to Jason Spezza with much better skating ability.

Horcoff once was one of the fastest skaters in the NHL.
We will get mcdavid.

And we will also acquire horcoff for a late playoff push

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Going to be hard seeing spezza in another NHL uniform. Was always a huge fan if his. He was a huge part in making my childhood hockey memories great ones. Hope it's a 5-4 win for us, spezza with 4 points.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I miss the Pizza Line in their prime. I doubt we'll ever see a line that explosive in the NHL for a very long time. They could score at will. I remember looking at the standings and seeing Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson in 3 of the top 5 spots. Now we'll be lucky if any of the guys we have now crack 70 points.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
gord wilson @gordwilson
Lines from dallas
Macarthur-turris-chiasson
Hoffman-zibanejad-ryan
Condra-pageau-lazar
Michalek-legwand-stone

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
gord wilson @gordwilson
Lines from dallas
Macarthur-turris-chiasson
Hoffman-zibanejad-ryan
Condra-pageau-lazar
Michalek-legwand-stone

Looking forward to seeing Pageau and Lazar on the same line. I hope they get much more ice time than the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad